Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
A bit more than twelve hours remaining!

Jesus Christ, this is going to be a hard contest to make a podium for, and I'm loving it. :allears:

xelada
Dec 21, 2012

I remember these going over well last time.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

Tulul fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 29, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Alright, time to figure out how the hell to rank this.

Edit: Too tired to make good brainwords. I'll try in the morning.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Apr 29, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Brain tired, small words. Many good cards.

HMs

pup tart posted:

hello, this is a very good theme

Drew your own art. Also welcome to the thread

Wish you'd done something about the tap abilities thing.

Great idea. Unfortunately strictly better than a basic Mountain, and thus unprintable for the wrong reasons.
Everyone else liked it. Gotta acknowledge that.

Third Place
Neat Commander! Feels a bit oppressive for a non-eternal format, though, especially just at rare.

Second Place
Totally changes how you look at your dudes and life as resources, but also doesn't screw you over if it gets popped, since having dudes is a thing you want to do anyways.

First Place
I like giving pseudo counter spells to colors other than blue. It's dumb that only blue can do that. This is fun. A bit expensive when just a 1-for-1 but the versatility makes up for it. Also this card plays hilariously with Storm, on either side. You have a knack for making cards that are weird in ways I really like, so I suspected you'd thrive in this contest, and you didn't disappoint. Congrats, Eeevil!

I'm going to bed.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
Angelarium

Take an image from https://www.angelarium.net and make a creature or planeswalker card using it. Deadline will be 6:00 P.M. CDT next Monday (May 6th.)

Eeevil fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Apr 30, 2019

Only 17 characters
Feb 23, 2014

19 dollars and a toothbrush.

Only 17 characters
Feb 23, 2014

Uh... Also, these:

:abrathink:

The rule said they had to be creatures but Libra is just scales so I had to do it. Forgive me.

desktop_metaphor
Apr 24, 2019

Lack of Bear
Jun 12, 2007

he couldn't bear it

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

Obvious reference is obvious, but it was all I could see when I looked at that guy.

Anshu fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 3, 2019

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

I know the dude's probably meant to be looking frame right but I choose to see it as having a big ol' beak.

desktop_metaphor
Apr 24, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

"Huh, this looks more like a land than a creature or planeswalker...

:getin:"

Edit: Originally had it add mana of any color, but then I realized it would be incredibly easy for RDW to abuse, especially since the main drawback "a land that can be killed" wouldn't matter much to a deck that never plays anything bigger than 3-drops. Tron and artifact decks can still break it in half, obviously, but Tron breaks everything in half. And at that level of play, "land that can be bolted" wraps back around to being an issue again.

Edit 2: New version that's hopefully a bit more balanced and maybe even fits the flavor a bit better?

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 3, 2019

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

PMush Perfect posted:

"Huh, this looks more like a land than a creature or planeswalker...

:getin:"

Edit: Originally had it add mana of any color, but then I realized it would be incredibly easy for RDW to abuse, especially since the main drawback "a land that can be killed" wouldn't matter much to a deck that never plays anything bigger than 3-drops. Tron and artifact decks can still break it in half, obviously, but Tron breaks everything in half. And at that level of play, "land that can be bolted" wraps back around to being an issue again.

So it's a sol land with no cost or restriction that's also a FIVE MANA producing land on turn 3?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Spreadsheet updated.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Skyl3lazer posted:

So it's a sol land with no cost or restriction that's also a FIVE MANA producing land on turn 3?
That's actually a typo, it's supposed to be CCC on the -2, not CCCC. I'll fix that later. That being said, killing Planeswalkers is much, much easier than it was even one set ago, and there's not a lot of lands that you can say "dies to Shock" about.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

PMush Perfect posted:

That's actually a typo, it's supposed to be CCC on the -2, not CCCC. I'll fix that later. That being said, killing Planeswalkers is much, much easier than it was even one set ago, and there's not a lot of lands that you can say "dies to Shock" about.

Dryad Arbor and a solid dozen activated manlands.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

AJ_Impy posted:

Dryad Arbor and a solid dozen activated manlands.
I'm saying it's a drawbacks that shouldn't be discounted, not that it doesn't exist.

desktop_metaphor
Apr 24, 2019

Only 17 characters
Feb 23, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The best name of any MtG card.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Also reworked Saha into something with both a bit more flavor and hopefully less exploitable.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:35 on May 4, 2019

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

PMush Perfect posted:

Also reworked Saha into something with both a bit more flavor and hopefully less exploitable.

What happens in a game with more than 2 players?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Anshu posted:

What happens in a game with more than 2 players?
Good catch, I'll fix that now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 4, 2019

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

A land that doesn't die to shock. (But does to bolt.)

Only 17 characters
Feb 23, 2014

AJ_Impy posted:

A land that doesn't die to shock. (But does to bolt.)

I like how this week turned into a land sub-theme somehow.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Lands, huh?

itsmekidney
May 6, 2019
Hey everyone, just joined, going to post these if it's okay by all you.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

pup tart
Apr 22, 2019

(i can't get it to fit, but it's supposed to be a "Legendary Land Creature - Mountain God".)

desktop_metaphor
Apr 24, 2019
The first ability is supposed to be a passive, the thing I was using doesn't have a template for it.

desktop_metaphor fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 7, 2019

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
Honorable Mention
AJ_Impy

Got to respect this solid design, even if I don't find it very exciting.

Jade Rider

The +1 making fliers is a bit too much of a push, but other than that this seems like a Good & Respectable planeswalker design.

Only 17 characters

My favorite of your Zodiacs. Not sure how to rate this guy: the color requirement seems a bit excessive, but I do appreciate that 4 mana for 7 damage has the potential to be real good. Also, Mr. Forest was the best card out of the weird land sub-theme.

Podium

3rd: Tulul

This is actually the design I was the most into at the start of Judgement. The things it does are things I like a lot, but it seems too good and, more importantly, too potentially frustrating to play against, especially for its cost. Emanation is a mechanic that I think is cool in general but also the kind of thing you would have to use extreme caution when designing.

2nd: itsmekidney

Very good Timmy design. Really gave me a strong initial impression of being way too powerful, even though it takes three or more turns of spending all your mana to really do anything. Being two 6/6s with the possibility of doing something crazy might even be enough to make it a thing in standard.

1st: Hardcordion

Best planeswalker of the week, and a fun take on the art. It has a lot of good planeswalker qualities; all the abilities do interesting things, it has the potential to go crazy or to get killed for very little value, and it becomes kind of nutso in formats with older cards(although maybe still not enough to make it in.) The +1 is kind of excessive but seems like the kind of thing that could be controlled for in standard. Also, good pun.

Congratulations Hardcordion, and good luck on the next round.

Eeevil fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 7, 2019

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

I wanted to call this out as a card that made me giggle

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Oh nice, my second win! If you all will indulge me, this week it's...

Pokémon the Catch'eming

Make some pokemon cards. I mean, magic cards based on pokemon. You don't need to keep it to creature cards but if I'm honest, the monsters are what I care about.

If you're not a fan of the series, first of all thank you for putting up with my nerd bullshit this week; second, try looking through the TCG or scrolling around on this page and see what inspires you.

Deadline for submissions is Monday evening, May 13th.

Lack of Bear
Jun 12, 2007

he couldn't bear it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Inspired me to take a shot at it.

The obligatory "make evolution work as a mechanic" attempt.

The idea of Unown as a horizontal cycle of draft chaff commons with some build-around potential is amusing to me.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:16 on May 7, 2019