Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Pretend this has silver borders.

For use with Cheatyface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
its halloween! if you haven't used your :spooky: emote yet, now's the time. Results will (probably) be posted around 1 am in the morning

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

:spooky:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
i mean, not that we dont know who's going to win 1st :v:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Yeah, silver-bordered Dracula was a work of art. Spreading the love a little further, since this one inspired a ton of additional contributions.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

The fact that Eeevil will win the Halloween contest is also pretty appropriate

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
End of Contest!

I really like the sac clause before you go plundering the graveyard. The effect would work better as a sorcery IMO, its really clunky as a creature.

I feel like this card's going to good places, but I'm not sure how to get it there. Its got too many words, but if you could pare that down you'd have a fun graveyard card. Also, why isn't it black?!

This might be my favorite submission! You've got the whole of Halloween Town at your disposal, but only if the Pumpkin King's there to boss them around. Its flavorful, balanced and playable.

Pumpkin Score: :spooky:

Certainly not subtle, but humorous and would fit in well with the new silver bordered set that's coming out. These are also the prettiest cards submitted to this contest

Pumpkin Score: :spooky:

The Chirurgeon came dressed as Guy Fieri and took us all to flavortown! That joke was really dumb and I apologize

Pumpkin Score: :spooky::spooky::spooky::spooky::spooky::spooky::spooky:

Look at all them pumpkins! :eyepop: Dracula is universally loved and hilarious!

Congrats to Eeevil, winner of the Halloween Spooktacular and thanks to everyone who submitted!

Th-th-th-that's all folks!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Spreadsheet updated. PMush hits 20 honour, and TheChirurgeon finally has a silver to complete his podium spread.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
Lifelink

Your challenge this week is to create a card that has or grants the keyword lifelink.

Entries will be judged sometime around 6:00 p.m. central time next Wednesday.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Giving lifelink to creatures is passé.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Admittedly, Lifelink is just an accessory, here, but it's a necessary one.

Edit While I'm thinking about it, with the new year coming up, I've been considering putting together a fake-set of a sort, assembled from cards in this thread, for people to use in goon cube drafts, or online games, or what-have-you. I'm still mulling over ideas, but I'll keep y'all posted.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 1, 2017

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

e. Replaced placeholder with actual card.

ee. Silver border.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Nov 2, 2017

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core
loving with the numbers a little bit here and there but the concept is there.

Also whatever vehicle template I downloaded for MSE has the wrong rear end font for some reason?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

I think it should be silver bordered!

And this is cool

PMush Perfect posted:

Edit While I'm thinking about it, with the new year coming up, I've been considering putting together a fake-set of a sort, assembled from cards in this thread, for people to use in goon cube drafts, or online games, or what-have-you. I'm still mulling over ideas, but I'll keep y'all posted.

you're gonna need alot more commons if you're gonna use this thread, so have this one:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
for lifelink? Harsh on the ole' mana fixing.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Mystic Mongol posted:

for lifelink? Harsh on the ole' mana fixing.

I think it's fine for a limited common. You're right that it would not go into a cube tho

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I wouldn't want that card in my draft decks

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Well, it's a strict upgrade on fire breathing.

Still, forget red, everyone knows Lifelink is a blue effect.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

Anyone for some newdrazi?

MartianAgitator
Apr 30, 2003

Damn Earth! Damn her!

The picture I was looking for was a hooded priest holding the magical chains that bind a big ogre. I couldn't find it, so hopefully the flavor text clears it up. I'm just done searching the internet for "little guy holding big guy chained". EDITED: changed Tithe's cost from W to 1 life to make it feel more like life points are a fungible resource, which to the Orzhov it of course is.

MartianAgitator fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Nov 4, 2017

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Nebalebadingdong posted:

I think it should be silver bordered!

You're right, I meant to silver-border it but it was late and I forgot. As soon as I'm on my PC again I'll fix it.

e. Done.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Nov 2, 2017

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Creative got lazy today.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
I feel like a card that only grants lifelink isn't good for the same reason a life gain card isn't good. It works best as a supporting mechanic.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mystic Mongol posted:

I feel like a card that only grants lifelink isn't good for the same reason a life gain card isn't good. It works best as a supporting mechanic.

I was gonna say that feels really weak for a CMC4, but at common, that actually makes sense.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
I just worked backwards from the P/T that made the effect work the way I wanted. Almost all the 2/3 lifelinks were 3 mana whites, and the 2/3 first strikes were four mana reds.

e: Going to doublecheck suggests I was pretty wrong about the first strikes, but I kinda like it where it is now. He's certainly strong for a 3 mana creature.

Mystic Mongol fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 2, 2017

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

It's overcosted by 2 and in no way a common

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

It's overcosted by 2 and in no way a common
The drawback is pretty harsh, it's effectively just a 2/1 FS/LL that you can never buff.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Eeeh, 2 seems like... too much. And the fact that he's perpetually on the verge of death and giving him more power destroys him is kind of his whole theme. But yeah, especially being two color is a bit much for him.
I think he was really only ever red because of the art.

Back to trying to figure out how to give a mono green creature lifelink.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nah, the self-damage effect is super red.

What about 2(R/W)?

Edit: True. RW?

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 3, 2017

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
That gives lifelink to mono red.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Mystic Mongol posted:

That gives lifelink to mono red.

Technically Scourge of the Nobilis did that already, if cast on a RW hybrid creature.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
While RW seems like it might not be totally busted, honestly I'm more into making new terrible designs than balancing the old ones against the kokoro draft format of my heart.

Symmetrical effects are balanced, right? That's what symmetrical means.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I'd be surprised if there isn't already a card named Blood Siphon, but I'm on mobile and can't check. I'll change the name if so.

e. Replaced placeholder with card image. Surprisingly, there isn't a card named Blood Siphon... In MTG, at least. Also, they spell it "Syphon" in every MTG card with that word in it, so I spelled it that way too.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Lifelink is a one-way connection between a creature and its controller where the one dealing damage strengthens and invigorates the other. What if we tweak that connection so it drains all strength and vigour?