Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Aw, thought I had a bit of time left. Oh well, OP updated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Aw, poo poo I was about to submit something. I thought I had until 9pm EDT?

e:

ChewyLSB posted:

EDIT: Deadline is next tuesday, 1/16/18 at 6 PM PST.

:mad:

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 17, 2018

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

ChewyLSB posted:

You managed to get this in while I was typing up this post and I'm feeling a bit generous today so I'll add it even though its past the deadline!

Oh sorry, I googled "time pst" and it looked like I still had time.

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core
Oh poo poo... I just realized I posted 6PM PST not EST >_> Thats my bad. I don't even live in PST!!!

Well, thats my fault. You guys can be mad at me for that one >_>

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Spreadsheet updated.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

ChewyLSB posted:

Oh poo poo... I just realized I posted 6PM PST not EST >_> Thats my bad. I don't even live in PST!!!

Well, thats my fault. You guys can be mad at me for that one >_>

I like that you had alot of feedback for each entry. Was a good contest

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

This week's contest is ¡LUCHA! ¡LUCHA! ¡LUCHA!

Make a card inspired by pro wrestling. Whether it's a card that has the type Wrestler, or is about an IRL wrestler, or just about wrestling in general (like perhaps a foreign object??).

Deadline Tuesday Jan 23 4:00pm Eastern

edited deadline because I got the date wrong, but at least I know what time zone I live in

Lone Goat fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 17, 2018

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Let's start with an

Kuiperdolin fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 17, 2018

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Because luchador isn't a creature type, it's a fighting spirit.

The Gorp fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 18, 2018

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
This supplementary set features the "Monarch-like" keyword Contender which makes one player The Champ. But as the league gets more and more fans and events, the Belt gets ever more powerful. Claiming it usually means winning a particular victory. Unless, y'know, the producers have your back and won't let you lose. It's all rigged after all...

You are a small time jobber! You get beat up in the opening events to make the big names but you dream of bigger things.

You dream of the day you surprise everyone!

You've got a persona all worked out, you're going to be the most villainous heel the league has ever seen!

Of course, the producers just always seem to leave that one guy as the champ. Oh well...

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Voltaic Key makes Pin broken as hell, maybe increase the ability cost?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

The Gorp posted:

Voltaic Key makes Pin broken as hell, maybe increase the ability cost?

I factored that in. You'd need two voltaic keys, 5 mana and your opponent to have a creature.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
vvv You're right, I'm an idiot.

The Gorp fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jan 18, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

The Gorp posted:

Pretty sure it can fizzle on a target, because all that matters is that you used the ability 3 times.
Pay in mind that you could also have 2 Pins and 1 voltaic, a deck with 4 of each is super consistent and colorless.

It's a single ability, if it fizzles it is countered.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Haven't played in several years, but I'll throw my hat in the ring. Costs and rarities are probably way off, pointers are definitely welcome.

InternetOfTwinks fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 18, 2018

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Placeholders

Heel Turn (2UB)
Instant, uncommon
Untap target attacking creature you don't control and take control of it until the end of the turn. It has double strike until the end of the turn.
"Curse your sudden yet inevitable betrayal!"

Mask Of Legacy (4)
Legendary artifact - equipment, rare
Equipped creature has +2/+2 and first strike, and is a luchador in addition to its other creature types. When equipped creature is put into a graveyard or exiled from the battlefield, you may equip Mask Of Legacy to a creature you control without paying its equip cost.
Equip 4.

Tiger Hole
Legendary Land, rare
Tiger Hole enters the battlefield tapped.
T: put a 2/2 Heel Luchador creature token with haste on the battlefield under your control.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 18, 2018

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Double strike on a UB card is kinda weird. More importantly the land is overpowered as hell and breaks the design convention of lands always producing mana. But yeah, compare it to Urza's Factory

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Elyv posted:

Double strike on a UB card is kinda weird. More importantly the land is overpowered as hell and breaks the design convention of lands always producing mana. But yeah, compare it to Urza's Factory

Thanks, I'll fix the land in the post when I get around to making the cards. Meanwhile how's this?

Tiger Hole
Legendary Land (rare)
T: add B or R to your mana pool.
T: target luchador creature gets +1/+1 and is unblockable until the end of the turn.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

Edit: Tweaked mana cost and fix the damage thingy.

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 23, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Really cool effect, but at that price it should probably be 1GG (or 1GW?) and global.

Edit Wait, it'd still die, the damage wouldn't go away. You'd need to exile it and return it to the battlefield face-down.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

PMush Perfect posted:

Really cool effect, but at that price it should probably be 1GG (or 1GW?) and global.

Edit Wait, it'd still die, the damage wouldn't go away. You'd need to exile it and return it to the battlefield face-down.

Yea, I waffled on adding a mana for the exclusive version or making it easier for a global effect. It didn't seem to affect the board enough to be worth a card as a global. It's pretty tricky to break the symmetry without playing actual morphs.

Good catch on the damage. I'll update.

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core
My take on a tag in mechanic.

I tried tuning this multiple times. Originally my idea was that both cards would need the mechanic but that felt overly parasitic for no reason so I changed it to a bit of a Ninjitsu variant. I thought about having a mana cost but I figured a mana cost on an ability word would look kinda strange so I figured a free mechanic would be more consistent and easier to understand. To me the important part is for the creatures to feel like they're "working together", so the first creature pins them down and the second one comes in and kills them.

Also, I know almost nothing about wrestling.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

black potus fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 19, 2018

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Got around to making the cards in my previous posts.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Placeholder

Only Mostly Dead (3WW)
Enchantment, rare
Whenever a Wrestler or Luchador creature would be put into your graveyard from the battlefield, shuffle it into your library instead.
"Heroes never die."

(When a wrestler is "killed" they're guaranteed to come back later; exiling is different, think of it as retiring a gimmick.)

Another one:

Shocking Reveal (1BB)
Instant - uncommon
Shuffle target creature into its owner's library; it's owner may search his or her library for a creature card with the same converted mana cost as target creature and put it on the battlefield under their control, then shuffle his or her library.
"IT'S ME AUSTIN!"

For this last one I have no clue as for costing; I tried searching gatherer for a card with a similar effect but couldn't find any.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 21, 2018

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Eeevil fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 21, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mikl posted:

Shocking Reveal (1BB)
Instant - uncommon
Shuffle target creature into its owner's library; it's owner may search his or her library for a creature card with the same converted mana cost as target creature and put it on the battlefield under their control, then shuffle his or her library.
"IT'S ME AUSTIN!"

For this last one I have no clue as for costing; I tried searching gatherer for a card with a similar effect but couldn't find any.
That's definitely more blue than black, and should be "a different name and the same converted mana cost", otherwise they're gonna just blink it.

1U, maybe? U feels like it might be right because that's what Unsummon costs and this has a much stronger drawback, but I'm not sure.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

That's definitely more blue than black, and should be "a different name and the same converted mana cost", otherwise they're gonna just blink it.

1U, maybe? U feels like it might be right because that's what Unsummon costs and this has a much stronger drawback, but I'm not sure.

Yeeeeeeeah I wanted to make it blue but... I had a fever when I posted and forgot that B is black while U is blue :laffo:

Thanks for the suggestion! :)

e. and here are the cards.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jan 21, 2018

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Hehe

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I don't have a lot of card ideas, but I do have one!

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Just under 16 hours left to get your submissions in!

Will anyone make a card that follows the colour pie AND has a mechanic I don't hate? WHO KNOWS!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

Will anyone make a card that follows the colour pie AND has a mechanic I don't hate? WHO KNOWS!
Not with that attitude!

Three Count
1WWUU
Enchantment
Mythic
At the end of each opponent's turn, if that player cast no spells that turn, they gain a Pin counter. Then, if that player has three Pin counters, they lose the game.
And Ornithopter kicks out! This match is still on!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

e. replaced placeholder with card image.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jan 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal