Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
What funny things do you think would happen if Seinfeld was set in 2016? Can you imagine Jerry getting an iPad? Imagine the hi-jinks George would have with Tinder. What plotlines do you think would occur in modern day Seinfeld?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Nothing but cuck jokes and I'm gay as far as the eye can see.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"What's the deal with Hillary Clinton dying? I've seen bags of popcorn that hold up better under pressure.

Harambe didn't even have that many handlers. And he actually cared about children!"

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Honestly so many plots in Seinfeld revolved around characters not-being able to get in contact with each other or otherwise relay information that half the episodes just couldn't work in these days were everyone has cellphones and email.

Malice Green
Feb 1, 2005
Molim Vas skinite gacice
I still wouldn't watch it.

Doctor Discomfort
Jan 4, 2015

Tired of overpaying for street vendor hot dogs, George invents a vest that he can strap several dogs to be carried around and eaten throughout the day but finds he needs to wear a jacket to keep them warm. Realizing he has forgotten buns, he is forced to wait in line to buy one from a vendor and causes a panic when during an argument over whether he can just buy a bun his jacket over heats and is mistaken for a suicide bomber as he rips the jacket open revealing his weenie vest and loudly cursing the vendor stand, Al Ahu's Snackbar..

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Malice Green posted:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
They would see a fat person getting mugged, mock them in exactly the same way except now the mugger and the victim would berate them for fat shaming, the video would cause a worldwide firestorm of outrage that eventually drives Kramer to drop a cheap knockoff "Flat Screen" that is a 400lb CRT television into his apartment's hot tub to commit suicide.

Meanwhile Newman keeps liking all of Jerry's status updates and Jerry wants to know why

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Sep 12, 2016

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Jerry sleeping with a bunch of hot women and dumping them almost immediately for dumb reasons is pretty timeless, though.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

FIRST TIME posted:

Jerry sleeping with a bunch of hot women and dumping them almost immediately for dumb reasons is pretty timeless, though.

one time my 7th grade science class had some abstinence advocate lady give a speech and one of her facts was that jerry had slept with a new woman once every other episode, or 12 women a year

i said that was awesome and the abstinence speech lady got pissed off

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Malice Green posted:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

galagazombie posted:

Honestly so many plots in Seinfeld revolved around characters not-being able to get in contact with each other or otherwise relay information that half the episodes just couldn't work in these days were everyone has cellphones and email.

People say this a lot but the times I remember that this would hold true were just minor plot points, plus they managed to keep in touch pretty well with payphones/car phones. Besides, they even use a cellphone on at least one occasion that I can remember (the bottle deposit one in the mail truck). Honestly all they'd have to really change was the props and the fashion and I think most of them could still work.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Can't get a cellphone signal in a mall parking garage.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Murphy Brownback posted:

People say this a lot but the times I remember that this would hold true were just minor plot points, plus they managed to keep in touch pretty well with payphones/car phones. Besides, they even use a cellphone on at least one occasion that I can remember (the bottle deposit one in the mail truck). Honestly all they'd have to really change was the props and the fashion and I think most of them could still work.

The restaurant episode where George is waiting for a call.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
What's the deal with airline security????

Everyone discovers Tindr and it isn't working for any of them except George. We learn at the end that he just swipes on all the women.

Newman is an email deliveryman. This job is never explained

Kramer makes a kickstarter selling imaginary spaceships.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Kramer can't stop talking about gamergate.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Unguided posted:

The restaurant episode where George is waiting for a call.

I would also figure George would be too cheap to mail out wedding invitations and would try to just e-mail them out.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Does 9/11/2001 count as present day cuz I have a funny plot idea.

Doctor Discomfort
Jan 4, 2015

Kramer gets to star in his own tv show but quits when the writers add a next door neighbor to the show that steals the spotlight. "The show is called Kramer, but all people talk about is Larry! WHAT is the deal with this show!?"

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
just watch it's always sunny

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Give Pat a Job posted:

Does 9/11/2001 count as present day cuz I have a funny plot idea.

someone already did a bang up job of it. google it.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

galagazombie posted:

The gang is constantly out of touch due to dead batteries. George wears a fanny pack that is opened to reveal a dozen of those little charger bricks

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Jerry is a Youtube celebrity comedian who bangs girls he meets at Cons

Elaine is a copy editor for a click bait site and her boss is an eccentric Silicon Valley weirdo

George plays MMOs and posts on 4chan in his parent's basement, he is constantly doxxed and has to make up new names and backstories every time

Kramer creates wacky Kickstarter schemes and is heavily invested in Bitcoin

Newman is an Amazon drone pilot

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
What's the deal with Facebook?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

The Dennis System posted:

What's the deal with Facebook?

2010 is present day? :confused:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

What's the deal with Vines? It doesn't give you enough time t-

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
what if seinfeld was still alive

Sex Falcon
Jun 4, 2013

:parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
george watch hentai

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

George is upset because Elaine accidentally sent a naked snapchat to everyone but him.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

to answer the op's question: Larry David is hard at work on curb your enthusiasm season nine

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Jerry has a desktop PC that you still never see him use because it's loving 2016.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

George buys his parents new IPhone 7's and they get into a screaming match about the lack of a headphone jack.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!

Germstore posted:

George is upset because Elaine accidentally sent a naked snapchat to everyone but him.

then he finally gets one and tries to screen shot it against jerry's protests but the phone dramatically flies out of his greasy fingers and lands in someone's coffee and they turn and look at each other and make like a YEESH face freeze frame roll credits

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
jerry yells at george for spending an hour browsing tinder while making GBS threads in his bathroom, says it's disgusting, george refuses to be shamed for doing a "swipe and wipe"

jerry dates a girl who likes trump but every time he goes to break up with her they have sex and she eats his rear end and he just can't dump her afterwards

george calls the new iphone "obscene"

the poo poo writes itself

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
elaine becomes a feminist and disavows her friendship with the other 3 on grounds that theyre sexist pigs
jerry gets aids (from being gay)
george fucks prostitutes and accidentally kills one of them in one of the season finale but it's really zany they do like a weekend at bernies thing when george's parents come into town that same morning
kramer is gay and secretly the one who pozed jerry's neg hole but only the audience knows

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

thathonkey posted:

elaine becomes a feminist and disavows her friendship with the other 3 on grounds that theyre sexist pigs
jerry gets aids (from being gay)
george fucks prostitutes and accidentally kills one of them in one of the season finale but it's really zany they do like a weekend at bernies thing when george's parents come into town that same morning
kramer is gay and secretly the one who pozed jerry's neg hole but only the audience knows

at least two of those happened in the show, were you not a regular viewer?

Doctor Discomfort
Jan 4, 2015

Jerry and George are walking the snowy streets of December when they hear a voice call out "JERRY!" and as they turn around to see Uncle Leo say "HEL-" as he is hit by a car driven by Tim Whatley who lost control of the car due having an allergic reaction from eating shellfish. Later, George realizes his parents could die any day, and begins to enjoy spending time with them and even cooks everyone dinner for Festivus, which was to be lobster but George couldn't bring himself to boil it, commenting "ugly. no hair. slow witted. bottom feeder. I just see too much of myself in him." and proceeds to cook a kosher meal that turns out to be tainted with a poisonous glue that either kills his parents or lets them sue for millions of dollars with the stipulation that George can't inherit any of as he is suspected of deliberately poisoing his family with inheritance as the motive.

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
I would set my house on fire and then murder myself with a screwdriver, op

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Germstore posted:

George buys his parents new IPhone 7's and they get into a screaming match about the lack of a headphone jack.

Frank: "It's no good, George! I tell ya, it's no good!"

Estelle: *screams and faints*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Discomfort
Jan 4, 2015

Elaine strangles Puddy to death in broad daylight at an Arby's and becomes a feminist icon.

• Locked thread