Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
I'm hoping people are willing to share some of the most miserable-sounding and time-consuming gaming achievements that they've gone out of their way to get in order to get a 100 % completion rate, gamer score, platinum trophy, or whatever else. Whether you're into trophy hunting or not, i think most can agree that gaming achievements are an insanely effective way to get players to try out certain builds, mechanics & play-styles that they might otherwise not have, and it is also an extremely effective way to make a lot of people do really, really boring and counter-intuitive stuff that nobody actually enjoys.

the one I can think of that i've done is probably tame by goon standards; breaking a 1.000.000 Gold score in Spelunky

Basically, if you want a big high-score you have to make use of a mechanic where a big, slow moving, invulnerable monster shows up once enough time has passed in a level, and then goad this monster into touching score-objects in order to make them worth more. It drags the game pace down an absurd amount, probably more than doubling the time it takes to play a level & it is pretty much trivial to do, mostly requiring patience.

If you got some super rare & time-consuming trophy, high-score or achievement & you're not ashamed of saying how you put 80 hours into grinding headshots on longbowmen then let's hear it. Bragging is allowed & if you think you have the SA PSN profile with the most platinum trophies, or whatever the StEAM and xbox equivalent of that is, please post it whether it is to brag or as a warning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeekCom
Jan 9, 2014
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (360)

Complete Item Collection (100) - Collected all of the items available in the game.

This would take for-loving-ever. At least the views in the game are nice.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I beat Deadly Premonition on hard for the achievement, then didn't finish the easy playthrough

• Locked thread