Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

This reminds me very much of marching band parents.

When I was a drumline instructor, the band I worked with would go on a summer tour for several weeks. It's a total shitshow; I don't even know if the summer tours still exist. The organizations that organized the events...like, the NCAA of high school marching band...were a couple of outfits called MACBDA and ...OCI? I don't remember the second one, but it wasn't DCI. That's Drum & Bugle Corps.

So, high school kids living out of buses. Parent-chaperone to student ratio is about 1 to 20, plus the instructor staff of about 4-5. There's some nonsense going down every day. But dose band parents doe...they think that since they're riding around with you on a bus that they know as much about drilling marching band as the instructor staff. Yelling, screaming, shoving, the whole bit...just like little league & Pop Warner EXCEPT YOU DON'T GET AWAY FROM THEM AFTER THE SHOW.

So much drama, and all the time none of them are even noticing the kids smoking weed, or screwing in the back of the buses, or drinking liquor (the liquor that didn't get confiscated during baggage check). Nope, they didn't want to chaperone. They wanted to criticize the instructors 24/7.

BOA?

I was a percussion instructor for 11 years and the worst that happened to me was telling a dad who was angry that his son wasn't gifted a spot on tenors his senior year that if he ever told me how to do my job again I'd cut his kid entirely. I don't get paid to deal with parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread