Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Lord Binky posted:

I'm voting for Hillary Clinton.

hosed up if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

IJEOMA OLUO

what the hell is this cats loving name

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Ijeoma is the Editor-At-Large of The Establishment. A Seattle-based Writer, Speaker, and Internet Yeller, her work has appeared in The Guardian, The Stranger, New York Magazine, Huffington Post, and more. She was named one of the Most Influential People in Seattle by Seattle Magazine. She’s also a columnist at The Seattle Globalist.

Ijeoma never learned how to whistle and has therefore banned any whistling at her house. Hair strand analysis revealed that she is currently 21% Black Forest gummy worm. You can see her yell about things at https://twitter.com/IjeomaOluo.

If I could eradicate one societal ill, it would be Tyler Perry movies.

When I’m alone, I like to eat gummy worms while I paint my nails and plan the destruction of my enemies.

The three women, dead or alive, I most want to see square off on Jeopardy are Tig Notaro, Margaret Cho and Maria Bamford.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
aka a real big thinker

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

They're literally arguing against the Trump Tulpa they've collectively created now. :sad:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

somehow the republicans have dominated internet culture. idk how or when this happened

From a combination of online work by genuine racists and fellow traveling by cleverboy ironic types on the likes of 4Chan and SA Forums:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/26/how-pepe-the-frog-became-a-nazi-trump-supporter-and-alt-right-symbol.html

When Trump's voted in and starts a global nuclear war within a week, all the non-nazi Trump-and-Pepe lovers here will be all abloobloobloobloo.

Cruising Altitude
Sep 15, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

Germstore posted:

They're literally arguing against the Trump Tulpa they've collectively created now. :sad:

can you please reinforce cory's mission objectives ty

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

BigBadSteve posted:

From a combination of online work by genuine racists and fellow traveling by cleverboy ironic types on the likes of 4Chan and SA Forums:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/26/how-pepe-the-frog-became-a-nazi-trump-supporter-and-alt-right-symbol.html

When Trump's voted in and starts a global nuclear war within a week, all the non-nazi Trump-and-Pepe lovers here will be all abloobloobloobloo.

Clinton is the one currently calling for military action- over hacking- because it revealed her as a criminal.

Cruising Altitude
Sep 15, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

Germstore posted:

Clinton is the one currently calling for military action- over hacking- because it revealed her as a criminal.
listen idiot this is an Illuminati situation Claude needs you

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Cruising Altitude posted:

listen idiot this is an Illuminati situation Claude needs you

I am not picking up what you are laying down. I feel like I'm missing a pop culture reference.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

BigBadSteve posted:

lol

Cruising Altitude
Sep 15, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

Germstore posted:

I am not picking up what you are laying down. I feel like I'm missing a pop culture reference.

dr.acula

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
"Let's modernize our nuclear arsenal. Hey wait, now Russia is modernizing their nuclear arsenal?! You guys, Russia wants to start a nuclear war!!!!" -Donald Trump, probably

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

"poo poo, Russia has all the uranium!" *shakes fist* "Hillary!"

Cruising Altitude
Sep 15, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
always knew id grow up to date ice queen and wiki kathy and king arthur who died for canadian prussian blues sins

Cruising Altitude
Sep 15, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
rip simulated matt you were a good man but your purpose has ended and you must retire from captain of this boat

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Agreed.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Germstore posted:

i think claude is a reference to the etruscan claudii that went onto form part of the julio-claudian dysnasty of the roman empire but i dont have all the context

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
claude balls the man with 100 cats

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Germstore posted:

What if it turned out that Donald Trump was literally a hologram like Tupac, would that be hosed up or what?

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
http://observer.com/2016/09/exclusive-hillary-clinton-campaign-systematically-overcharging-poorest-donors/

lmfao

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Dreddout posted:

What if it turned out that Donald Trump was literally a hologram like Tupac, would that be hosed up or what?

then you'd have enough holograms to cover up the 9/11 wtc bombs!!

it's all fallin inta place! :tinfoil:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

dookifex_maximus posted:

i think claude is a reference to the etruscan claudii that went onto form part of the julio-claudian dysnasty of the roman empire but i dont have all the context

*nods sagely*

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Hillary Clinton is a goddamn mess

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Hillary Clinton is a goddamn mess

hillary is a wreck

hillary is a big fat mistake

foolish email merchant

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

foolish email merchant

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Today I got into an altercation with a guy wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat. I went up and asked him if he would take the hat off, explaining a university should be a safe space. It was impossible to communicate to him why wearing a hat in support of a movement grown on the seeds of racism, bigotry and exclusion of diversity (sexual and cultural) could make some people afraid. People came out of the woodwork around us to support the hat, and after insulting me, they began filming my "crazy" behaviour at asking him to not wear the hat on campus. The video was posted and I made the mistake of reading the comments. I am so deeply saddened... I don't want to draw anymore attention to the dysfunctional pawns that are being used by a system of power to oppress others. I do want to state that I stand by my belief that every space, but especially university spaces, should be made to make everyone feel SAFE. We need to seriously change our culture. We need to equally support and express movements and gestures of inclusive acceptance. I walked outside after the altercation, which ended up involving security and more concern for someone's "private property" then about anti-oppression and overt racism, feeling totally hopeless. Only to find the anti-abortion group posing with their graphic images and slogans of "sin". But... Beside them was a group of courageous and beautiful humans, holding signs of "we support your choice" and kindly warning oncoming students about the graphic images so they could be avoided. (Thank you Aalayna Spence, Nathan Lawley and crew.) It makes me cry that there will always be battles of "right" and "wrong"... There will always be opposing parties... Unfortunately for many people life does not exist without fear of oppression, violence or attack. But there are some warriors, who are not too tired. Some humans who want anyone being attacked (be it blatant or subtle) to know they are equally being a supported. I'm ready to make some noise YYC. I'm ready for some LOUD AF language of LOVE. That is the only thing that might have a chance of helping the world. So be a warrior and express your support for those who are attacked everyday because of who they are.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

lazorexplosion posted:

Today I got into an altercation with a guy wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat. I went up and asked him if he would take the hat off, explaining a university should be a safe space. It was impossible to communicate to him why wearing a hat in support of a movement grown on the seeds of racism, bigotry and exclusion of diversity (sexual and cultural) could make some people afraid. People came out of the woodwork around us to support the hat, and after insulting me, they began filming my "crazy" behaviour at asking him to not wear the hat on campus. The video was posted and I made the mistake of reading the comments. I am so deeply saddened... I don't want to draw anymore attention to the dysfunctional pawns that are being used by a system of power to oppress others. I do want to state that I stand by my belief that every space, but especially university spaces, should be made to make everyone feel SAFE. We need to seriously change our culture. We need to equally support and express movements and gestures of inclusive acceptance. I walked outside after the altercation, which ended up involving security and more concern for someone's "private property" then about anti-oppression and overt racism, feeling totally hopeless. Only to find the anti-abortion group posing with their graphic images and slogans of "sin". But... Beside them was a group of courageous and beautiful humans, holding signs of "we support your choice" and kindly warning oncoming students about the graphic images so they could be avoided. (Thank you Aalayna Spence, Nathan Lawley and crew.) It makes me cry that there will always be battles of "right" and "wrong"... There will always be opposing parties... Unfortunately for many people life does not exist without fear of oppression, violence or attack. But there are some warriors, who are not too tired. Some humans who want anyone being attacked (be it blatant or subtle) to know they are equally being a supported. I'm ready to make some noise YYC. I'm ready for some LOUD AF language of LOVE. That is the only thing that might have a chance of helping the world. So be a warrior and express your support for those who are attacked everyday because of who they are.

rek'd

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
eric says i do bad sound effects lawl

IEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIE

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

NotWearingPants posted:

Let me ask you a serious question: Throughout your life you have surely never done well in school. You've always been one of those people who struggled with basic math and writing skills and got poor grades no matter how hard you tried. Why do you think your opinions are valid now? Do you think you got smarter? Do you think government is one of those things that don't require intelligence? How exactly do you justify to yourself that you have an opinion on who would be a better president?

hahahaha holy gently caress i'm 10 pages behind but holy poo poo

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lazorexplosion posted:

I'm sure you thought this liberal screed would have been thought provoking, but really it makes me want to take a poo poo and go mash the gently caress out of the TRUMP button

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

R-Type posted:

I'm sure you thought this liberal screed would have been thought provoking, but really it makes me want to take a poo poo and go mash the gently caress out of the TRUMP button

try searching for the first sentence of any large screeds you encounter online, it is often revealing

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I ran into Hillary Clinton at a grocery store in Atlanta a while back. I told her how cool it was to meet her in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother her and ask her for photos or anything.

Shee said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but she kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing her hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard her chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw her trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen gallons of milk in her hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Ma'am, you need to pay for those first.” At first she kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the cartons and started scanning it multiple times, she stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, she kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Germstore posted:

"poo poo, Russia has all the uranium!" *shakes fist* "Hillary!"

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
hillary clinton is unelectable

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

John Denver Hoxha posted:

try searching for the first sentence of any large screeds you encounter online, it is often revealing

i googled it and lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXZ7_UFkm34

also one of the top results for it was a lsu alumni message board

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

My abuela does the sqme thing

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

United States doesn't need Uranium. Global Strike Initiative motherfuckers!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
When did it become acceptable to give every loving article an obnoxiously smug, condescending title, like "Here's Why Hillary's Death Is Actually A Good Thing", "Can We Stop Talking About The Wikileaks" or "When I Said All People Were Garbage, I Meant It". Do these "journalists" realize they are writing editorials, not blog pos... oh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

steinrokkan posted:

When did it become acceptable to give every loving article an obnoxiously smug, condescending title, like "Here's Why Hillary's Death Is Actually A Good Thing", "Can We Stop Talking About The Wikileaks" or "When I Said All People Were Garbage, I Meant It". Do these "journalists" realize they are writing editorials, not blog pos... oh.

they are still obnoxiously smug and condescending people publishing opinions on the same platform as their "news", so calling it a blog post and not editorial but it doesn't sense and I'm not sure what that's supposed to defend against

trump is going to be president and these tantrums will only help

• Locked thread