Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

reallivedinosaur posted:

they are still obnoxiously smug and condescending people publishing opinions on the same platform as their "news", so calling it a blog post and not editorial but it doesn't sense and I'm not sure what that's supposed to defend against

trump is going to be president and these tantrums will only help

I'm not defending it

I'm saying those assholes are basically on the same level as tumblr bloggers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

steinrokkan posted:

I'm not defending it

I'm saying those assholes are basically on the same level as tumblr bloggers

i dont know what anyone saying anymore :shrug:

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

When did it become acceptable to give every loving article an obnoxiously smug, condescending title, like "Here's Why Hillary's Death Is Actually A Good Thing", "Can We Stop Talking About The Wikileaks" or "When I Said All People Were Garbage, I Meant It". Do these "journalists" realize they are writing editorials, not blog pos... oh.

I don't have a lot of time to research primary sources, but I'd probably start here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Show

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I don't have a lot of time to research primary sources, but I'd probably start here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Show

Now that I think about it... Yeah, I can imagine John Oliver using poo poo like that.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Now that I think about it... Yeah, I can imagine John Oliver using poo poo like that.

It turns out when people decide a stand-up comedian is a journalistic hero, it might have unintended consequences (other cool political word: blowback) on journalism as a whole.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

reallivedinosaur posted:

they aren't obsessed with imaginary internet popularity and never offending anybody for fear of losing tweeter followers or facebook friends

they're free to make jokes, democrats aren't

#istandwithhatespeech

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

this guy comes up to you at the debate and smacks your abuelas rear end what do you do?

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012

BigBadSteve posted:

When Trump's voted in and starts a global nuclear war within a week, all the non-nazi Trump-and-Pepe lovers here will be all abloobloobloobloo.

Thats what I want though

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
As a foreigner I'm pretty worried at the prospect of a Trump presidency but to be perfectly honest when I look at Hillary's professional track record I'm not at all surprised a lot of people would rather vote for a clown from TV. Mexico's not gonna pay for the wall though, lol.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
I love how the rhetoric about Trump has to be escalated to "he will start nuclear WW3 with russia / china", because everything short of that has already been checked off the list by the the last two presidents. An unjustified war of occupation based on scanty pretext? Nope. A program of extrajudicial assassination that has killed thousands of civilians in blatant violation of the Geneva Convention? Oops!

Trump's hypothetical war crimes get more weight than the current administration's actual ones.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Honestly the fact that thousands of nukes have sat unfired in their tubes and hangars over the past 60 years is the saddest and most blatant form of government waste there is. We need to get those puppies moving, start a ten thousand points of light campaign

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Klyith posted:

I love how the rhetoric about Trump has to be escalated to "he will start nuclear WW3 with russia / china", because everything short of that has already been checked off the list by the the last two presidents. An unjustified war of occupation based on scanty pretext? Nope. A program of extrajudicial assassination that has killed thousands of civilians in blatant violation of the Geneva Convention? Oops!

Trump's hypothetical war crimes get more weight than the current administration's actual ones.

Yup

Edit: also we all know this isn't changing regardless of who is in office. Too many interested parties in America keep pushing it every generation.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Sonofsilversign posted:

this guy comes up to you at the debate and smacks your abuelas rear end what do you do?

suck his dick

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I warn you, one day gbs will run into a problem that even sucking a dick won't solve!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Germstore posted:

I warn you, one day gbs will run into a problem that even sucking a dick won't solve!

i sincerely doubt that

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

KomodoWagon posted:

As a foreigner I'm pretty worried at the prospect of a Trump presidency but to be perfectly honest when I look at Hillary's professional track record I'm not at all surprised a lot of people would rather vote for a clown from TV. Mexico's not gonna pay for the wall though, lol.

Still don't get it.

Ok, so Clinton is a career politician with zero charm. But, despite the monumental resources that went into it, no one has been able find anything illegal or too much dirt on her.

Trump on the other hand was, beyond any reasonable doubt, involved in countless cases of fraud and scamming. Four years ago he admitted on national television that he had lobbied politicians to act against the interest of the American people. He constantly lies and exaggerates the truth on national television. He is financially involved with governments and companies that are hostile to the US. These are all facts that no conspiracy theorists nutcase could ever deny.

In any sane world Trump would be the "crook", but yet here we are. :wtc:

The only rational explanation for this shitshow is that Trump voters realise all of this but don't really care. For them there is one single, extremely important, issue that outweights everything else. Trump could devour a puppy in front of a camera and it wouldn't matter.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
lol @ the matt furie lord of moldolvia comics that were an fyad meme in 2008/2009 are now part of the presidential election

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

lazorexplosion posted:

Today I got into an altercation with a guy wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat. I went up and asked him if he would take the hat off, explaining a university should be a safe space. It was impossible to communicate to him why wearing a hat in support of a movement grown on the seeds of racism, bigotry and exclusion of diversity (sexual and cultural) could make some people afraid. People came out of the woodwork around us to support the hat, and after insulting me, they began filming my "crazy" behaviour at asking him to not wear the hat on campus. The video was posted and I made the mistake of reading the comments. I am so deeply saddened... I don't want to draw anymore attention to the dysfunctional pawns that are being used by a system of power to oppress others. I do want to state that I stand by my belief that every space, but especially university spaces, should be made to make everyone feel SAFE. We need to seriously change our culture. We need to equally support and express movements and gestures of inclusive acceptance. I walked outside after the altercation, which ended up involving security and more concern for someone's "private property" then about anti-oppression and overt racism, feeling totally hopeless. Only to find the anti-abortion group posing with their graphic images and slogans of "sin". But... Beside them was a group of courageous and beautiful humans, holding signs of "we support your choice" and kindly warning oncoming students about the graphic images so they could be avoided. (Thank you Aalayna Spence, Nathan Lawley and crew.) It makes me cry that there will always be battles of "right" and "wrong"... There will always be opposing parties... Unfortunately for many people life does not exist without fear of oppression, violence or attack. But there are some warriors, who are not too tired. Some humans who want anyone being attacked (be it blatant or subtle) to know they are equally being a supported. I'm ready to make some noise YYC. I'm ready for some LOUD AF language of LOVE. That is the only thing that might have a chance of helping the world. So be a warrior and express your support for those who are attacked everyday because of who they are.
On the subway today, a man in a MAGA hat came up to me to start a conversation. He made small talk, a lonely man talking about the wall and other things. I tried to be pleasant and accommodating, but my head hurt from his low energy. I almost didn't notice it had happened, but I suddenly threw up all over him. He was not pleased, and I couldn't stop laughing.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

lazorexplosion posted:

Today I got into an altercation with a guy wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat. I went up and asked him if he would take the hat off, explaining a university should be a safe space. It was impossible to communicate to him why wearing a hat in support of a movement grown on the seeds of racism, bigotry and exclusion of diversity (sexual and cultural) could make some people afraid. People came out of the woodwork around us to support the hat, and after insulting me, they began filming my "crazy" behaviour at asking him to not wear the hat on campus. The video was posted and I made the mistake of reading the comments. I am so deeply saddened... I don't want to draw anymore attention to the dysfunctional pawns that are being used by a system of power to oppress others. I do want to state that I stand by my belief that every space, but especially university spaces, should be made to make everyone feel SAFE. We need to seriously change our culture. We need to equally support and express movements and gestures of inclusive acceptance. I walked outside after the altercation, which ended up involving security and more concern for someone's "private property" then about anti-oppression and overt racism, feeling totally hopeless. Only to find the anti-abortion group posing with their graphic images and slogans of "sin". But... Beside them was a group of courageous and beautiful humans, holding signs of "we support your choice" and kindly warning oncoming students about the graphic images so they could be avoided. (Thank you Aalayna Spence, Nathan Lawley and crew.) It makes me cry that there will always be battles of "right" and "wrong"... There will always be opposing parties... Unfortunately for many people life does not exist without fear of oppression, violence or attack. But there are some warriors, who are not too tired. Some humans who want anyone being attacked (be it blatant or subtle) to know they are equally being a supported. I'm ready to make some noise YYC. I'm ready for some LOUD AF language of LOVE. That is the only thing that might have a chance of helping the world. So be a warrior and express your support for those who are attacked everyday because of who they are.

i read about you in the news

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i want a misspelled MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN knockoff hat from china, anyone sourcing those?

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

waitwhatno posted:

Still don't get it.

Ok, so Clinton is a career politician with zero charm. But, despite the monumental resources that went into it, no one has been able find anything illegal or too much dirt on her.

Trump on the other hand was, beyond any reasonable doubt, involved in countless cases of fraud and scamming. Four years ago he admitted on national television that he had lobbied politicians to act against the interest of the American people. He constantly lies and exaggerates the truth on national television. He is financially involved with governments and companies that are hostile to the US. These are all facts that no conspiracy theorists nutcase could ever deny.

The only rational explanation for this shitshow is that Trump voters realise all of this but don't really care. For them there is one single, extremely important, issue that outweights everything else. Trump could devour a puppy in front of a camera and it wouldn't matter.

You're right. You don't get it.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

waitwhatno posted:

Still don't get it.

hmmm nope, no dirt at all

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

waitwhatno posted:

Still don't get it.

lol we live in a world where a guy raped a bunch of kids in his house and video taped it (which they had the evidence of) but they didn't indict him because he is a billionaire (the victims pressed charges)

incidentally he also has large connections with the Clintons

if you think Hillary or any of the establishment is clean you're crazy

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Sep 16, 2016

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

waitwhatno posted:

Trump could devour a puppy in front of a camera and it wouldn't matter.

and on this note i once again have to recommend the extremely apt and excellent german film "look who's back"

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

*looks over Hillary's incredible record of supporting the worst policies and laws in the past 30 years*

Hmm can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with this.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

*looks over Hillary's incredible record of supporting the worst policies and laws in the past 30 years*

Hmm can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with this.

lol no you're clearly just uninformed!!!!

Hillary has a billion critics both to the left and right of her its nuts how much I agree with right wingers because of how non-political her issues are

unless its benghazi tho because that's stupid to sincerely believe since we're on the 9th going on 10th republican lead investigation of it that found nothing

good use of tax dollars there fellas

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Has anyone looked into this Ben Ghazi's tax records yet? He's definitely hiding something.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

both candidates are just doing a "the producers"

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
both candidates are just doing a "the aristocrats"

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I've been reading a history of the WPA and now I want to put every major politician since 2008 on an iceberg and set them adrift

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
1 out of 1 claire mccaskills agree: hillary should smile more

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Resurrect FDR and crown him king

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Man Whore posted:

Leave him a corpse and still crown him king.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

An american must be sacrificed every single day to sustain FDR's life force. People generally regard it as a fair trade.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

waitwhatno posted:

Still don't get it.

Pull your head out of your rear end

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Man Whore posted:

:hai:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

lazorexplosion posted:

another vote for donald j trump

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

that story happened in canada

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
be a warrior and refuse to arm yourself as all true warriors have done throughout history - a bitchass liberal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Man Whore posted:

why not resurrect huey long or Eugene V. Debs instead

or better, put Bernie on the throne

• Locked thread