Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

You can't make poo poo up that's weirder than real life (except for that fan fic about were-rollercoasters)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Pi4noBl4ck/status/775127444386902017

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Holy gently caress that's beautiful.
Sigh. It was only a matter of time. I was just thinking "Patton, you know how hateful this election has been. Please be safe."

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

LMAO I think this isn't even this guy's first swing of the bat.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
BORN TO DEAL
AMERICA IS A GREAT
鬼神 Build The Wall 2016
I am Trump man
410,757,864,530 DEAD MUSLIMS

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
Pepe market truly have crashed.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

you really have to appreciate how versatile the feels good man frog has been as a meme.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

singateco posted:

Pepe market truly have crashed.

I sure hope my cosbycoins don't fall into disrepute!! :ohdear:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I really need to start looking into fleeing the country again...

naem
May 29, 2011

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Back in the Dubbya days everyone always talked how conservatives were incapable of humor. However what is now evident is that they were incapable of humor because they were pro-establishment. Now the democrats are pro-establishment and have become incapable of humor.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

8-Bit Scholar posted:

You know what's really scary is that this is going to one day be topped. The next election will be crazier. Then the next. You can't turn back the clock.

lol if you think there will be elections in another 50 years

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

NotWearingPants posted:

This is probably a stupid question, but I'm just not sure anymore. Is that frog really a white supremacist symbol?

The answer is no, right?

remember Chris Mercer? He posted pepe before the shooting on 4chan. Thats the last time I remember it in the news. Its the meme that just wont die.

Edit: and has nothing to do with white supremacy

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Sep 13, 2016

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

White Phosphorus posted:

Back in the Dubbya days everyone always talked how conservatives were incapable of humor. However what is now evident is that they were incapable of humor because they were pro-establishment. Now the democrats are pro-establishment and have become incapable of humor.

Dubya himself could crack a joke and was one of the reasons why he was considered relatable. Obama is establishment as gently caress and has good comic timing. Hillary is the female version of Mitt Romney and has no semblance of timing whatsoever while being a tightass. This concludes my scientific deconstruction of us presidential humor in the past couple decades

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

NotWearingPants posted:

This is probably a stupid question, but I'm just not sure anymore. Is that frog really a white supremacist symbol?

The answer is no, right?

Also, is the "get out" frog ok, or is that an anti-immigrant thing?

The get out frog is a-ok. Pepe has always been kind of a weird sociopath totem but whether it's a "white supremacist symbol" is kind of up in the air. If horrible people keep using it, then yeah probably. Nazis managed to turn an innocuous symbol for good luck into the most recognizable symbol of hatred in our day

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

A Stupid Baby posted:

The get out frog is a-ok. Pepe has always been kind of a weird sociopath totem but whether it's a "white supremacist symbol" is kind of up in the air. If horrible people keep using it, then yeah probably. Nazis managed to turn an innocuous symbol for good luck into the most recognizable symbol of hatred in our day

the horrible people? don't you mean basket of reprehensables?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
ALF is now a symbol of mental retardation I guess

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
So is the Carolina Panthers logo now a white supremacist symbol because it's worn almost exclusively by racists?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Gazpacho posted:

BORN TO DEAL
AMERICA IS A GREAT
鬼神 Build The Wall 2016
I am Trump man

Woah :five:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i bet this election is gonna have an amazingly low turnout even by us election standards

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Pawn 17 posted:

Edit: and has nothing to do with white supremacy

No it's actually basically 100% white supremacists 2k16 and for a while.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
clinton bombed an aspirin factory with cruise missiles, and as a brilliant strategic move, he put some semen on lewinskies dress so nobody would notice. Grandmaster politics

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

hows this for a bigoted meme

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

:vince:

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

No it's actually basically 100% white supremacists 2k16 and for a while.

meet noted white supremacist nicki minaj

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

its almost like hilarry isn't up to date on the minutia of dorky memes

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

White Phosphorus posted:

actual republicans are by and large even less funny than the daily show expats and assorted boring "punch up" hacks of the dems. milo yanapullthis is the comedy superstar of the right and he's only funny because of the reactions to his shtick.

but the with us or against us attitude of the modern left means funny people get driven out. the guys making trump memes probably don't even have a strong political attachment (or maybe one describable only as chaos reigns), but they get labeled as alt-right or iFascists or whatever they come up with next. All because a dumb frog meme got retweeted by trump.

SA was making fun of stormfront in 2003, white supremacy on the internet is nothing new. And I really don't think /pol/ and stormfront have grown to millions of people and plan to put on jackboots for trump. First of all, where would the /pol/ guys even find jackboots in size 10 ultra-wide?

naem
May 29, 2011

Giant meteor/Zika virus 2016

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Gazpacho posted:

BORN TO DEAL
AMERICA IS A GREAT
鬼神 Build The Wall 2016
I am Trump man

haha

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what
And dnd is actually buying this poo poo lmao
They are so out of touch they will turn into liberal version of retarded old social conservatives on facebook that they love to mock in a decade or two

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

naem posted:

Giant meteor/Zika virus 2016

I voted Giant Meteor in 2012 but it didn't show up for debates or the inauguration, what a letdown.

this year I'm voting Huge Climate Catastrophe / Economic Malaise Caused by 1st World Stagnation Plus 3rd World Crises. I think that ticket really has a chance!

(Giant Meteor/Biden could still win me back)

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Klyith posted:

actual republicans are by and large even less funny than the daily show expats and assorted boring "punch up" hacks of the dems. milo yanapullthis is the comedy superstar of the right and he's only funny because of the reactions to his shtick.

but the with us or against us attitude of the modern left means funny people get driven out. the guys making trump memes probably don't even have a strong political attachment (or maybe one describable only as chaos reigns), but they get labeled as alt-right or iFascists or whatever they come up with next. All because a dumb frog meme got retweeted by trump.

SA was making fun of stormfront in 2003, white supremacy on the internet is nothing new. And I really don't think /pol/ and stormfront have grown to millions of people and plan to put on jackboots for trump. First of all, where would the /pol/ guys even find jackboots in size 10 ultra-wide?

hmm well id have to say that norm, and even dennis miller, are more funny than the guy on the daily show, or the british guy on the other daily show, or jon stewart during his meltdown rants

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
*stares into camera while repeating verbatim what msnbc said this morning* this is my life. I'm a comedian, except only sort of. Please... let me die a natural death

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
wikipedia is currently having an edit war over whether or not pepe is a neo-nazi hate symbol lol this is the best election ever

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
heil frog

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

its almost like hilarry isn't up to date on the minutia of dorky memes

AND THAT IS INCREDIBLY BADASS -sorry working on my next OccupyDemocrats article title

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

kindermord posted:

wikipedia is currently having an edit war over whether or not pepe is a neo-nazi hate symbol lol this is the best election ever
We have always been at war with Pepe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

gently caress the ROW posted:

hmm well id have to say that norm, and even dennis miller, are more funny than the guy on the daily show, or the british guy on the other daily show, or jon stewart during his meltdown rants

norm obviously, dennis miller was never really funny, jon stewart used to be funny back in the day before it went to his head and he thought he was a real newsperson, john oliver is an unfunny gently caress and I can't understand how people watch that show for more than 5 seconds before turning it off in disgust

• Locked thread