Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

JT Smiley posted:

As someone who is more of a casual wrestling fan I was glad that the finals were so shocking. I just assumed that Ibushi was gonna win from day one and the fact that, that didn't happen was really refreshing, especially because the odds on favorites didn't need the win.

I agree with the sentiment, but TJP vs. Metallik wasn't a final that I cared about. If you'd replaced TJP with Swann I would have been all over that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Feed TJP to Braun

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Divari not shaking hands in the first round of the tournament was absolutely perfect though. That was a match where he did everything he could do to get over his less skilled opponent and obviously worked heel to get the crowd behind him. Of all the guys who lost in the first round he's the one I'm probably most interested in seeing more of.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

projecthalaxy posted:

Do you think it is legal to not like TJ Perkins, Alain

It's absolutely OK to dislike him, as long as people admit that much like Roman Reigns, their hated is based on his race.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

elf help book posted:

The guy in the first round who refused to shake hands and lost looked like an idiot.

Who was that? I remember it happening now but can't remember who it was.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

TJP is cool and good and everyone who doesn't like him is just trying to white knight

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Phenix Rising posted:

Who was that? I remember it happening now but can't remember who it was.

Something Ali? Fairly sure they said his day job is a cop, who worked super heel. They brought him back for an NXT taping too. I really liked him, but I don't remember if he was technically good or not.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Go RV! posted:

Something Ali? Fairly sure they said his day job is a cop, who worked super heel. They brought him back for an NXT taping too. I really liked him, but I don't remember if he was technically good or not.

mustafa ali owns

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

It was Divari against HoHo. Ali shook hands but he worked a very aggressive heel style, while Divari openly heeled it up from his entrance onwards.

rappinrodney.ogg
Apr 24, 2009
TJP is a pretty good wrestler and a good inaugural champion since nobody would really care if he was chasing the title out of that final 4 bracket. That coupled with his availability and willingness to roll with virtually everything the WWE suggests makes him a natural fit.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Divari not shaking hands in the first round of the tournament was absolutely perfect though. That was a match where he did everything he could do to get over his less skilled opponent and obviously worked heel to get the crowd behind him. Of all the guys who lost in the first round he's the one I'm probably most interested in seeing more of.

Arya Daivari deserves a spot on the NXT roster. Every promotion needs a good, solid heel jobber (that isn't Elias Samson). Maybe they could throw enough money at his brother to have him come out of pseudo-retirement just to beef up the tag team ranks.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
I'm really disappointed that The Brian Kendrick won't be going to Smackdown. Daniel Bryan's unabashed love for his old buddy was one if the best things about the tournament, and I wish the DB/Kendrick manlove train could continue.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I loved ZSJ vs Tyson Dux just because of how loving furious Dux seemed with ZSJ whilst ZSJ just couldn't give a poo poo.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

I'm really disappointed that The Brian Kendrick won't be going to Smackdown. Daniel Bryan's unabashed love for his old buddy was one if the best things about the tournament, and I wish the DB/Kendrick manlove train could continue.

Is there still time to make the story that D-Bry, in a fit of ill-advised personal pique, traded the Miz for his old pal TBK thus robbing SmackDown of its #2 champ and a major star to give his weird pirate friend a cushy job?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

Is there still time to make the story that D-Bry, in a fit of ill-advised personal pique, traded the Miz for his old pal TBK thus robbing SmackDown of its #2 champ and a major star to give his weird pirate friend a cushy job?

I think the story will be that Bryan is going to do all he can to get the IC title off Miz before Miz leaves. Which hopefully means Samoa Joe!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

sam bradford lmao posted:

Feed TJP to Braun

Bruiserweight supremacy.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I'm cool with TJP winning the title but I think it would have been better if Matalik was champ and TJP was chasing the title on Raw.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I'm fine with TJP being champion because despite the underdog story they were telling us, he was wrestling like a heel, and I expect his character to reflect that on the main roster. TJP being a cocky heel who dabs at people could make for some good TV.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
TJ Perkins more like TJ Jerkins as in jerkin off cos he's a MRA and denies women his precious seed.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

He calls that one "The Red Pill," Byron!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

whatever else you think about ol' Tiny Jorts Perkins, he has been shown on tv picking up an adult human man and is therefore verifiably stronger than Roman Reigns.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

projecthalaxy posted:

whatever else you think about ol' Tiny Jorts Perkins, he has been shown on tv picking up an adult human man and is therefore verifiably stronger than Roman Reigns.

Goddamn, that made me laugh so much when Roman struggled to lift Kevin Owens last week, when like two weeks before, Neville loving deadlifted him for a german suplex. Roman is weaker than a small baby elf man from England.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

So it's title unification between TJP and Hornswoggle at Clash of Champions right?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Give TJP an MRA gimmick and have him get squashed by Nia Jax

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Destroy My Sweater posted:

He calls that one "The Red Pill," Byron!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Jenkem Delivery posted:

also change his name to eliot rogers

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jenkem Delivery posted:

"Ouch! Talk about friendzoned, Corey!"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

flashy_mcflash posted:

"Ouch! Talk about friendzoned, Corey!"

Shut up Byron!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Codependent Poster posted:

I think the story will be that Bryan is going to do all he can to get the IC title off Miz before Miz leaves. Which hopefully means Samoa Joe!

I really hope this culminates in it rapidly blowing up in Bryan's face because Miz is a tool but a tool that's easy to control if you stroke his ego, but Samoa Joe is The Most Vicious, The Most Vile, The Most Violent Competitor In WWE. Bryan uses him as a mercenary to get the belt, then a months later, Joe is ripping his midcard apart and he can't do poo poo to stop it.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
I like tjp's look. For whatever reason he reminds me of little mac from punch out. He seems like a natural heel and i hope they go that direction with them.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Cole: What's TJ Perkins doing out here? That's the Cruiserweight champ and this is a Women's division match-up! Oh my God! Patriarchy Lock on Dana Brooke! He's screaming something, what's he saying? "Equal pay, equal work?" This is insanity!
Corey: Face it, Cole. The Western male has been on the decline for decades and finally, FINALLY someone in the WWE Universe is here to put a stop to it.
Byron: You can't be serious!
Corey: That's exactly the sort of response I'd expect from a blue-pilled, beta bitchboy.

*Corpus Christi crowd chants "YES!"*

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

He stinks

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

I want to see Bryan continually loving with Miz and not realizing he's turned into the Authority that kept him down all that time until someone points it out to him

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

projecthalaxy posted:

I wish Viscera was still with us. He'd squash TJ Perkins but good, really send him TJ Packin

Hell, I wish Viscera would squash everyone.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Just hire King BW and make him Big Daddy VI.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

TJ Perkins specialty will be the Ladder Theory Match

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Finally PUAs have someone to root for in WWE

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

I thought that was the Rock's fanbase

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

TJP gonna bring back the Good Housekeeping match

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

It's a step forward but still, TJ Perkins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Sanguinia posted:

TJ Perkins is the New England Patriots of Cruiserweights. A giant piece of poo poo who wins even though everybody hates him and always beats the people everyone loves, and also acts like he's the beloved hero despite those other facts.

I'm going to enjoy booing him until Swann gets the belt that is rightfully his.

I like Rich Swann a lot, probably more than most, but Cedric Alexander is the obvious guy to carry the cruiserweight division of the people they've signed.

Sami should absolutely not be moved to the cruiserweight division, he should be in the main event scene especially now that Owens is a world champion.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

It's absolutely OK to dislike him, as long as people admit that much like Roman Reigns, their hated is based on his race.

The 'smarks just don't like Roman Reigns because they're all racist!' thing is such an eye-rolling concern troll when the New Day is still thoroughly beloved despite their segments being mostly dogshit for months.

• Locked thread