Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

John Dyne posted:

Vehicle Commandeering 101

The bar goes quiet as an Arbites storms in, asking about the owner of a vehicle out front. A few curious heads peer around before turning back to study their drinks or cards. The bartender, a giant of a man wearing only an apron, spits into a mug and wipes it out with a towel, glaring daggers at Loire all the while. After a few tense moments, conversation picks back up, softer than before and with more than a few eyes and ears in the direction of the Arbite.

Outside, a few of the merchants quietly shut their stalls and start to leave for the day, while others simply move their firearms into more prominent viewing positions at their stalls. Julius, especially, can feel the tension in the air rising. Zachariah notices that most of the mutants in the bar are armed, and catches hand movement as some patrons loosen their holsters or turn off safeties.
Justicar Loire Merovech

Loire flashes a smile at the bars patrons. "No need to worry fellas, this is private business." before strolling to the bar, sizing the man behind it up as she went.

The bartender was a bloated beast of a man with a giant gleaming nosering prominently displayed on his fat face:

Loire hated bullrings almost as much as those barbell nipple piercings. Who the hell does that? In any case this slob was probably the best bet of getting the ID of the speeders owner. Her first instinct as a cult hunter specializing in Pleasure Cults was seduction:

But then she took another look at the man. She wasn't putting her lips on that. Which left the only other alternative:

Intimidate: 1d100 17 Oh goody!

As she pulls up to the bar the swine grimaces at her and spits into his rag. A feeling of revulsion and fury fills Loire as he brings the spit soaked rag up to continue wiping the same glass he'd been "cleaning" since they'd arrived. Eyeing the nosering, Loire leaned over the bar, put on her best 'oh boy let's all just be friends' girly-girl voice:
"Hey handsome, you know what might look better on your nose?"
"What?"

Loire laughed "Well..." and then her hand shot forward, latching onto the freaks ring. She pulled down. Hard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Fw4P4hPnM&t=4s
"Now, don't gently caress around with me, or we'll see if I can drag you over the counter by this thing. Who owns the speeder?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Julio Kierkegaard XII

Ah, roughing someone up. That was certainly a plan worth concealing. Julio turns and leans against the bar, his posture relaxed but his hand still on one of his pistols, and casually addresses the other mutants in the bar.

"Don't interfere. I guarantee you the first two who go for their weapons will catch a bolt before they clear the holsters. If you want to die so your friends have time to get off a shot: make my loving day."

Hardly need to, but let's call this an assist on that test.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Zachariah

With a maniacal grin, Zachariah positions himself inside the door of the bar. His gleaming hammer rests over one shoulder, still covered in blood from the encounter outside. In a loud voice he calls, "Don't listen to that man. Please someone interfere - that little entree outside wasn't nearly enough to satisfy me."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Are You Smarter Than a Lathe Factor?

Some time ago, during his time with the Administratum but before he became an 'asset' to the Inquisition, Davith recalls being hired to validate the authenticity of a tome that was said to have been millennia old. The fee he was given was outrageous, and the armed men that delivered it gave him a good idea of his fate had he revealed an ancient piece of potentially valuable or heretical literature was being traded without Imperial authority. He had been selected due to the knowledge he had of forgery and falsely dating important documents; it was assumed that if he could pull it off as well as he did, he'd be able to spot a fake with enough scrutiny.

The tome was legit, as he learned. He had thumbed through its pages and saw the brittleness in the paper, the way the ink had set and had even been able to determine it was a formula of ink that hadn't been produced in quite some time. He'd also used his time investigating the tome to give it a little read, simply out of curiosity. It was hard not to when he was flipping through the pages to verify that there weren't just a handful of good pages and the rest of it fake.

What he saw in there, he now sees before him. Back then, he thought it had all been a cruel and disgusting joke, a stain of heresy upon a book that seemed to cover otherwise standard technology of the Dark Ages. There was no way it could have ever been produced, there was no way anyone could have ever built such a device. It was just simply unfathomable. No one was so mad or hereteknical to actually put those designs into working order; even without an understanding of what went into the creation of the machine, he knew the gear heads would scream bloody blasphemy about it.

But he couldn't deny what lay before him. It wasn't picture perfect, and something had either been lost in the translation or had gone wrong during the construction, but Davith knew what he saw before him.

It was an attempt at recreating a Man of Stone.

Polonia, meanwhile, can't quite place what rituals were used on the creature. A closer inspection does reveal to her the runes tattooed into the leather surrounding the central chamber of the automaton. Something should have been sitting in the center, she is sure of it, but she can't quite put her finger on what it had to have been. Looking around, she notices that the alley way seems to have reverted to normal; whatever was altering their perceptions was clearly tied to whatever kept the monstrosity moving. A thought flickers to her mind; had her perceptions been altered? Or had it been reality itself?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Davith Waelon

As the realization of what he is looking at fully hits him, Davith finally looses his composure and vomits in a corner of the alley near a dumpster. "gently caress, gently caress, gently caress, gently caress, gently caress, gently caress, gently caress, gently caress, gently caress, gently caress, gently caress, gently caress, gently caress, gently caress, gently caress, gently caress, FUUUCCCKKK!!!!!" He yells at the sky. "That thing is a loving Man of Stone. You know, Dark Age of Technology? 'Men of Gold, Men of Stone, Men of Iron.' As in, the Men of Stone, that build the loving Men of Iron. You know, reason-for-the-ban-on-Abominable-Intelligence Men of Iron? poo poo, I've seen documents with pictures, even bits of plans, and I'll never forget it. This thing is a Thor Damned Archeotech Relic, except it don't look that old does it? He loving did it. This Daizon son of a bitch built a god damned Man of Stone. What if that's on those STC fragments? What if he is gearing this place up to build an army of these things."

Davith's rapid fire rant stops as he leans against a wall and slumps down next to his puddle of vomit. "We are not qualified for this poo poo. Hell, we cut up one of these, but what about the next one? or if we face five? We need the others and the inquisitor more than ever. Where the gently caress are they already? This is some serious poo poo." He starts to sob to himself a little.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Ball Room Blitz

Loire grabs on to the bartender's nose ring and yanks down with all of her might, but running a dive bar takes a special kind of personality, and while the man is initially surprised, he does ultimately resist, stopping partway down to the bar. Momentum alone lets Loire rip the ring from his nose with a spray of blood; the man's eyes go wide and he curses loudly, covering his face with his hand as he stumbles back, rage in his eyes. There is a moment of still silence as the bar patrons all either begin to reach for a weapon or start to slide out of their seat, intent on reaching the door before bullets start flying.

The man looks at his hand and then back at Loire, his body trembling with anger. And then he starts to laugh, a gurgling noise that sprays even more blood onto the bar. He grins, teeth crooked and stained with his own blood, and leans forward at the bar. "You got some big balls on ya for a cop bitch. That land speeder? Farty Joe's." He points a bloody finger across the room at a man who is currently trying to slip out the front door but stymied by the presence of the priest. "Killed one of them cogheads for it and has been braggin' about it ever since, and yet can't pay his fuckin' tab. He's all yours, ladies."

Joe freezes, looking around rapidly before simply trying to sprint past Zach, slamming right into the cleric's chest and bouncing off. The man looks up at him in panic before diving under a nearby table, causing the patrons to get up with a curse. It doesn't look like he's going to come easy.

Opposed Str v 30: 1d100 22
Opposed Str vs 50: 1d100 12

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 28, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Julio Kierkegaard XII

In all his years of work with the Inquisition, he'd never seen someone panic this badly. Julio shakes his head, laughing in disbelief, then drops to one knee to look under the tables.

"Look, 'Farty Joe.' This is just about the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. Shooting you would hardly even be fair. Come out from under the drat table and hand over the keys while I'm still in a good mood, and I let you walk. I've no great love for the cogs, so I don't give a drat if you offed one. I give you my word, one murderer to another. Just hand over the vehicle. We're in a hurry here."

Charm vs 92 or 102 (62 +20 Skill +10 Talented +10 Peer (Underworld)?): 67

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia]

She pokes around in its, but the technology is foreign, and she doesn't have a proper lab. Plus, there's the arcane element to consider, and that is completely outside her realm. "These modifications are horrifying. The polar opposite of the mechanical augmentations we utilize. Even a servitor had more dignity than this... thing.

And then Davith starts babbling. But it's probably not babble--he was right back on the ship, and Valencia has no reason to doubt him now. She stands still for a moment, then suddenly and angrily slams one of her blades into the floor, followed by a horrendous screeching--profanity most foul, in the language of the Mechanicum.

Valencia shakes herself, then returns to a standing position, retracting her blades. She coughs

"This situation has become far worse than we anticipated. This technology cannot be allowed to escape the planet, in any form beyond the records I must carry to the Mechanicum. I am already tempted to advise the Inquisitor simply burn this world, as he has the others."

She shakes her head. "But yet, I am compelled to hunt down the source. Simple destruction could allow some of the taint to escape. We must know how and where this vile machinery was recovered, so that I might send a proper force to..." Valencia trails off.

"Regardless. The path forward, if the base is still to standard plan, would be this way." She points down a corridor. "We cannot afford to wait, Davith. We do not know how fast these abominations can be built, or if there are more ready to go. Any time wasted is time for them to home in on us; no,we must strike as soon as possible, at the heart. Disable the facility."

Roll to figure out the robot thing: 1d100 75
FL: archaeotech is +20, to see if Valencia has any tidbits from the records she's seen

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Julio Kierkegaard XII

In all his years of work with the Inquisition, he'd never seen someone panic this badly. Julio shakes his head, laughing in disbelief, then drops to one knee to look under the tables.

"Look, 'Farty Joe.' This is just about the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. Shooting you would hardly even be fair. Come out from under the drat table and hand over the keys while I'm still in a good mood, and I let you walk. I've no great love for the cogs, so I don't give a drat if you offed one. I give you my word, one murderer to another. Just hand over the vehicle. We're in a hurry here."

Charm vs 92 or 102 (62 +20 Skill +10 Talented +10 Peer (Underworld)?): 67

Justicar Loire Merovech

Farty Joe. Of course that was his name.
"The Adeptus Arbites thanks you for your cooperation in this investigation. Before we finish here, what was that about Mr. Joe you just said? What's the cowardly shitstain been bragging about?" Loire notices that she's still clinging to the mans bullring. "Also, uh, mind if I keep this? As a reminder of what happens to people who don't cooperate in a speedy fashion."

Interrogate vs 80: 1d100 52

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Polonia Samsara

The psyker rounds on the gibbering bureaucrat, radiating a palpable aura of "offended schoolmistress." This is less difficult than it normally is, as she does not have to go to the effort of radiating an actual aura.

"Master Waelon, we are most assuredly not doomed. She ticks off the fingers of her sword hand, as the force blade disconcertingly remains where it was when it was being held.

"Point the first: had our quarry sufficient numbers of his abominations to crush us, he would have assuredly done so. Sorcerers are not subtle. Point the second: we are qualified for this - I exist on Imperial records as an attached regimental support unit, and I have no doubt that you could dredge up from your memory a suitable light armor classification for the factor. Point the third: the Inquisitor and our fellow operatives are also well qualified, and I have no doubt they will rejoin us once whatever obstacles arrest them have been suitably dealt with."

She takes a deep breath, recovers her sword from the air, and continues, "Point the fourth: we will accomplish nothing by weeping next to our own vomit, so get up and follow the factor. We still need the shutoff codes."

Psyker schoolteacher lady got no time for whiners.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Davith Waelon

Davith tilts his head and looks at Polonia, "That is, bar none, the worst loving pep talk I've ever heard. That might work on your students or whatever, but it has little effect on a grown rear end man who has just realized our enemy is using an EMPEROR DAMNED TECH ABOMINATION FROM THE DARK AGE OF TECHNOLOGY! I'll chalk your lack of a reaction up to your own ignorance as to how big of a revelation this is." Davith stands up, but still leans against the wall. "Artificial Men, like this, were in part responsible for nearly ten thousand years of darkness. These are the things that the boogie man is afraid of. And you might think you know sorcerers, but let me tell you, I know Rogue Traders. And if there is one thing Rogue Traders like doing, it is toying with their enemies. Sorcerer or not, our foe is still a Rogue Trader. The heresy stuff has likely just made him more deranged and apt to mess with people. You ever see a cat play around with an insect before it eats it? Well guess what, we're the loving fly here. He doesn't want to just kill us, he wants his fun first."

Davith's composure, and color, is now returning, and he once again draws his hell pistol and one of his slug throwers. "Ain't sure if you noticed, but the rest of the 'capable' folks ain't here, and until they are, it's just us lady; and while you think yourself and the factor are hot grox poo poo, I ain't." Davith then nods at the factor to lead the way.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Polonia Samsara

As they walk, the psyker laughs. "Oh, it works fantastically on my students. You wouldn't believe the kind of duty, debt and honor talk we fill them up with during sanctioning." Anyone perceptive would notice her hitching slightly as her mind turns toward the subject, but she recovers very smoothly. "By the time I get them, they're like little mantra-reciting sponges. The good ones learn to think outside the box a little in the field, and become heroes. The others become dead heroes." She looks directly at Waelon. "Besides, I could have said anything. You're walking, aren't you? You wouldn't be in the field if your psyche hadn't been turned inside out by the brain scanners and predictive cogitators. We have no secrets."

She stretches out her shoulders (and bizarre wings) and adds, "There's always an ancient spell, or a warlord who's crushed ten thousand worlds, or an entitled sorcerer in possession of the terrible machine harbingers of the end trying to free a malevolent intelligence, or something that will spell the end of all humanity if left unchecked. It's why I retired."

psyker lady don't care about anyooooone

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia

Valencia listens, shaking her head. "We've got even less of a chance if we stand around snapping at each other." She starts down the hall.

"While this abomination was undoubtedly based on ancient heresy, it was clearly... lesser than the terrors of old." Is that a hint of smugness in her voice, at how easily she disabled it? "We have a job to do, and we willdo it."

The factor flashes a grin. "An enemy that toys with you is a good enemy to have, for he will inevitably underestimate you. I, at least, still have some tricks hidden up my arm."

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Zachariah

The priest remains silent as he stands at the door, happy to let the others take the lead in this delicate social situation. Instead, he smiles serenely at the bar patrons, effortlessly twirling his hammer in one hand.

Not much to do but intimidate the rest of the clientele into staying out of this. I don't have it trained, though, so whatever.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Ballad of Farty Joe

Joe comes slowly out from under the table, giving the cop and the cleric a nervous glance. He stands up to his unimpressive full height, standing a foot shorter than Julius, and dusts himself off, sniffing in derision. "Fine, whatever. Bloody thing has been getting me too much attention anyhow, but not a lick of strange." He gives Julius a knowing wink before digging the keys out from inside his jacket, tossing them to the man. "And aye, I capped a tech-priest for them keys, but I get the feelin' ya got bigger fish to fry, cop. You're here after that rich bloke, ain'tcha? Couple of the dumber folk here have taken his coin and gone missin', but no one wanted to even look cross eyed at a man like him." The pub has gone quiet as this discussion goes on, while Joe continues to ramble out of sheer fear and nervousness.

"Look, take it from me, just turn back. Leave that man alone. He's the worst kind of trouble; all of us here, we've tasted the taint of chaos. We try to live normal, we try to stay off the radar.. but he's somethin' horrible on his own. He came through town once, paid a man for his services and wares, and then turned around and killed him on the spot with a snap of his fingers." Joe gulps hard, his voice going raspy as his throat dries on him. "He's the sort of terror that gets planets burnt up, but he's apt to burn up a planet on his own if the whim struck him, I swear it and I don't even know the man."

The pub remains quiet after this, most of the patrons looking into their drinks or staring at their cards. The bartender snorts, sending a fresh spray of blood onto his bartop that he mops up. "Alright, you three got what you want. Get the feth outta my bar. Yer spoilin' the mood."

Glimpses of Madness

After coaxing Davith into moving, Valencia continues to lead the trio through the back lots and alleyways of the factorum to the best of her ability. Polonia feels the air grow thicker with psychic power the further they move into the facility, and Davith feels the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end as unnatural green lightning licks across the blackened sky. Reality, however, seems stable, and Daizon's attention seems to have been diverted from them for the moment; if he has noticed that his first warrior fell, he makes no sign of it.

Fifteen minutes pass before Valencia rounds a corner and finally spies signage for the back door to the cafeteria not five hundred feet away. The three pick up their pace, but as they can reach the door, something in the air changes. Every psychic warning and alarm in Polonia's head begins to scream at full volume, and she is the first to turn, before he can even speak.

"I'm impressed. You saw artificial intelligence, and you have lost your handler, and yet you continue after me? Do I have the honor of seeing true valor, or am I experiencing the greatest stupidity in the history of the Imperium?" More than halfway down the alley, back the way they came, stands Daizon, his head cocked to one side in curiosity and a wry smile on his face; his one good eye glitters with mirth, while an arcane symbol on his eyepatch glows faint blue. A hand rests lazily on the rapier at his side, and he stands at complete ease, waiting for a response from the three of them.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Julio Kierkegaard XII

"How very insightful of you, Farty Joe. And look on the bright side: either we'll get killed or he will. Either way, someone you don't like dies. Count your blessings, eh?"

Whistling, Julio exits the bar and heads for the vehicle, spinning the keyring around his finger.

"Let's roll, or fly, I guess. I'm driving. No time to lose, can't let the rest have all the fun."

I've got Drive (Ground Vehicle) and Pilot (Civilian Craft), whichever one a Land Speeder counts as in DH.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 6, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Davith Waelon

Davith quickly turns, bringing his hell pistol and encarmine to rest on the source of the voice. Davith looks at Daizon, then back to his comrades, and then back to Daizon. "Yeah, gonna vote for stupidity on this one to be honest, though to be fair, with these two we are on that finest line of bravery and stupidity." His sight keeps switching back and forth down the sights of his guns. His training in the firing range led him to being ambidextrous, but he still wasn't good enough to fire two weapons at once, so he wanted to make sure both of them were on target so he could easily shoot one or the other.

He then turns and addresses Polonia, "So Teach, is he really there, or is this some sort of warp trickery? Would rather not waste any rounds here." Davith then goes back to looking down the guns, ready to fire the moment the psyker confirms that Daizon really was before them.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Polonia Samsara

Without even turning her head, the psyker answers Davith. "Yes." Then she cocks her head and adds, "Sorcerer. You are guilty."

Just like the old days. You never let them talk. "Die." Drawing as deeply from the warp as she can, her glowing wings dissolve into oddly colored fog and the air before her warps and shatters -- but it's the masonry behind the arrogant fool that flies towards him.

Lights spark while current arcs from the psyker, while weapons jam and armor briefly seizes as screaming winds hurl at least the sorcerer's own weight in rock towards him.

Dropping shape flesh to reduce power sustaining pentalties, now only keeping up precision TK. Now let's flatten him:
initiative vs sorcerer: 1d10+3 4 lol
6 power dice fling: 6#1d10 3 9 9 10 2 9
oof, that's three phenomena, but a total power of 53, for 43 overbleed, which means I add WP bonus 8 times to damage on top of the power
3 psychic phenomena: 3#1d100 25 99 53
3 psychic phenomena 2nd dice (FBTW): 3#1d100 78 70 62
that's 2 dice per phenomena, and I kind of don't want to take that perils. 25, 70, 53 = haunting breeze, tech scorn, psy discharge
sorry guys, but a weapon jam within 5d10 meters is better than perils
wp to hit with fling: 1d100 75
nope, we're fating the big awesome TK attack thank you very much orokos
fating wp to hit: 1d100 67
oh, rub it in you little piece of poo poo. well, that's a miss with 270 kilos of assorted masonry, which will teach me not to spend my first half action on using Lucky

pre:
Combat Block:
WS BS S  T  AGI INT PER WP FEL
31 32 27 34 33  51  53  66 34
     [47 in PA]     

AP 8 all in Ignatus PA, +20 STR, +1 Move, GC Photovisor & sealed air system
Wounds    : 15
Move      : 3/6/9/18 [4/8/12/24 in PA]
Fate      : 2/3

Nandaka,
BC Force Saber   Melee 1d10+11 R Pen8    Balanced, Force, +10 WS
		       1d10+13 w/ precision TK
A ton of powers, PR6

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Wait.

Daizon is in FRONT of you. You lifted the masonry and stone BEHIND him, and flung it at his back... and missed. Did.. did you just throw 600 pounds of stone and masonry at yourself?

This is a beautiful metaphor for the American election.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
loving Psykers. Enjoy fighting him alone while I spend 12 turns unjamming my guns.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I was a little disoriented last night, sue me.

Besides, I didn't just miss. I missed by one.

e:Also, two things: I have rolled the lowest possible initiative result, because orokos thinks hurting me is funny, and the techpriest has integrated guns that don't jam, so you guys should get at least a round of shots.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 9, 2016

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia
There is not much to say. Any time spent mincing words is time the foul creature could use channeling his dark power. Valencia does not say a word, simply primes her blades and charges.

Initiative: 1d10+4 7

Melee Attack vs 73: 1d100 58

damage (Pen 6): 1d10+10 13

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 13, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Davith Waelon

When the sorcerer doesn't respond fast enough, Davith shrugs and fires his weapon for the first time at an enemy.

ini vs Daizon: 1d10+4 10

Going to holster the encarmine and quick draw the las pistol as a free action, then Half action aim, then single shot with the hell pistol. This is assuming normal range. TN is 55. Shoot Daizon TN 55: 1d100 40
damage v daizon: 1d10+4 8

pre:
Characteristics:
WS: 20
BS:  45
S:    24
T:    24
Ag:    43
Int:  56
Per:  41
WP:   37
Fel:  49

Wounds: 9/9
Fate Points: 3
Armor: Body/arms/legs: 5 Head:0

Skills:
dodge
Tech use +20
medicae

Talents:
ambidextrous
Pistol training (sp, las, bolt)
Sprint
quick draw
rapid reload 
step aside
Resistance (psychic powers)

Traits:
Charmed: when use fate point roll 1d10, on a 9 the fate point is not spent.
void accustomed: immune to space travel sickness. zero and low gravity are not difficult terrain

weapons:
2x common quality Mauler class bolt pistol w red dot sight
 rng: 30m RoF: s/3/- Dam:1d10+5X Pen:4 Clp 6/6 Rld:half Spcl: reliable, tearing

2x common quality Mark IV command Laspistol w/ red dot
Normal: rng: 70m RoF: s/2/- Dam:1d10+3E Pen:0 Clp 30/30 Rld:half Spcl: reliable, accurate
Hotshot:rng: 70m RoF: s/-/- Dam:1d10+4E Pen:4 Clp 1/1 Rld:half Spcl: reliable, accurate, tearing
ovrcrgeL rng: 70m RoF: s/2/- Dam:1d10+4E Pen:1 Clp 15/15 Rld:half Spcl: reliable, accurate 

Common quality Hell pistol: 
rng: 35m RoF: s/2/- Dam:1d10+4E Pen:7 Clp 39/40 Rld:full 

2x common quality encarmine pistols 
rng: 20m RoF: s/3/8 Dam:1d10+2I Pen:0 Clp 18/18 Rld:half 
man stprs: rng: 20m RoF: s/3/8 Dam:1d10+2E Pen:3 Clp 18/18 Rld:half 

Ripper Pistol
rng: 30m RoF: s/2/- Dam:1d10+1I Pen:7 Clp 8/8 Rld:half Spcl: tearing, Toxic

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Sorcerer Supreme

Daizon frowns, resting a hand on his saber and tucking the other into the small of his back. "I see. Well, you can't say I didn't try to talk this out." The sorcerer slides into a ready stance, his eyes twinkling. Davith, taking the initiative, opens fire with his las pistol, firing a single lance of energy down the alley way, which strikes thin air and dissipates outward. The rogue trader shakes his head, his eyes firmly on Polonia. "I have wealth beyond measure, my pencil pushing friend! I have the finest arms and armor, trinkets that would fill an Inquisitor with envy! Don't you wonder why he's hunted me so doggedly? Don't you ponder how he can have me in his grasp and let me escape? Do you feel no concern for why he simply hasn't struck me down or caught me on-planet with his usual go to methods?"

Valencia answers the psyker's taunts by jetting towards the former rogue trader, the blades extending suddenly from her arms. She closes the distance in moments, bringing her blades around in a flurry of blows; to her surprise, Daizon deftly brings his lone blade around in a wall of steel, catching each strike with incredible speed. He locks his single blade against her two and pushes back, his eyes blazing as he stands face to face with her. "All of the destruction he's left in his wake, every planet razed, every acolyte he has sent to their doom, it's all been for his own gain, sacrifices to his OWN dark god."

The rogue trader disengages from Valencia with a rain of sparks, bringing his other hand from behind his back and thrusting it forward. Polonia feels the ripple in the fabric of the warp even before he moves, and in an instant, Valencia is thrown back the entire distance she had charged, tumbling once head over heels but ending upright on her rear end. "Had I wanted to kill you, I would have already! You feel my power, do you not? My path has not been one of righteousness but I am no slave to the dark powers!"

As he speaks, Polonia unleashes her own psychic powers, ripping chunks of concrete and masonry from the surrounding buildings and the pavement of the alleyway itself, hurling it at Daizon from behind. Deisgradus seems to sense the attack coming and merely ducks, but as he stands he curls his hands into claws at his side, his body straining as he thrusts them out, palms up, before raking and raising them back towards him, ending with the palms facing him. The debris stops in mid air a dozen feet from the acolytes, and Daizon uncurls his fingers, letting the debris fall to the ground. Daizon stands quiet for a moment before sheathing his sword.

"I am not the villain here. My research, everything he has chased me for and tried to beat me to, has been to create something to combat the hells he wishes to unleash on this planet. Do you truly, TRULY believe that I would unleash an attack like the one that downed your vehicle and only clip the bloody wing?" He now stands with hand on his hip, the other hand gesturing as he speaks; he taps two of his fingers to his temple, looking incredulously at the acolytes. "Think for a bloody moment instead of running around like mad dogs. By the throne, you'd think you were damned Khornate cultists with how you lot jump straight into a fight."

"So then, lad and lasses. Are we going to parley, or am I to assume you three are the idiots of your sextet? Because, to be completely earnest, I thought that was the trio that landed in Mutant Town."

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Justicar Loire Merovech

Loire ignored Farty Joe and followed Julio out of the bar. God knows why he thought she'd be the least bit upset that he'd wasted a cogboy. The fuckers wandered around accompanied by lobotomied slaves and used the floating mutilated corpses of babies as a fashion statement. Good riddance.

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Julio Kierkegaard XII
"Let's roll, or fly, I guess. I'm driving. No time to lose, can't let the rest have all the fun."
"Honestly, I'm sure they're just wondering around a decripit factory poking at gutted machinery. No need to rush to join them in that miserable drudgery."
Loire grabs the shotgun seat because she posted first, suck it priest.

Do we know where we need to go or do we have to figure that out?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Highway to Hell

Julius hops into the driver's seat of the land speeder and jams the key in, twisting it as he presses in on the brake. However, nothing happens; the engine does not stir or even rattle. He checks all that he knows to check, and finds everything should be in working order; the fuel gauge is nearly full and nothing seems to be missing or broken. From the door, Farty Joe emits a hearty laugh and makes a twisting gesture with his forefinger and thumb. "Flip the key over, ya git!"

This works. The engine roars into life, with Loire in the front seat alongside Julius and Zachariah climbing into the back. The vehicle lifts off into the sky, high above the little town, and Julius scans the horizon before spotting the squat but hulking form of the manufactorum, turning the vehicle in that direction and pushing the throttle forward; the ground below begins to slowly streak away as the speeder picks up momentum.

Suddenly, the vehicle rocks violently with the sound of metal on metal, and the crew turns their heads to see a group of winged mutants in pursuit; flames trail from one of the damaged wings, but the damage is mercifully only cosmetic and superficial at the moment. One of the mutants is struggling to reload what looks like a grenade launcher, falling behind from the other five in his pack as he fumbles one of the grenades to the ground below.

"Out here, we're the law, pigs! Ya can't commandeer poo poo without the say so of the Hell Bats! We'll make sure no one has that fethin' thing and give Joe his due for shortin' us on this!" Two of the winged mutants laugh and swoop in, landing on the very back of the speeder and digging abnormal looking claws into the metal as they fold their wings, both wielding hammers similar to Zachariah's; two more bank to the side and open fire with shotguns, their pellets pinging uselessly off the side of the speeder and missing the occupants completely.

Only the leader hangs back, yelling at the grenade launcher wielding mutant to hurry his rear end up.

You guys are in combat. Roll initiative. Two mutants are engaged with the speeder but not yet any of its occupants; the two that have flown to either side are about 15 meters out. The leader is 30 meters back, and grenade launcher guy is 40 meters.

The speeder has 20 hull and 10 armor on the back, 15 on the sides, and 15 on the front.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Julio Kierkegaard XII

Julio flinches at the impacts and glances back. "And here I thought we might not get shot at again today. Piss, that one's got a G-L. Can't have that."

He pulls his Spectre up from between the center console and the floor. Ignoring the new passengers for the moment, he leans back, driving one-handed, and levels the autogun's barrel at the distant mutant. Thank the Emperor for recoil gloves. Before he can fire at his own target, his gunskull detects the approaching threat and jumps up from its hiding place in the back seat with a feral growl of angry machine code. The whine of the plasma weapon in its jaws grows, then becomes unsteady, then is replaced by a warning klaxon. It squawks <INTERNAL TEMPERATURE EXCEEDING SAFE LIMIT, EMERGENCY SHuTDOoooown>. Without functioning motors allowing it to keep up with the Land Speeder, the skull becomes a glowing hot projectile that rockets out of the backseat and smacks the mutant leader square in the head.

Julio blinks away the plasma-flash afterimages and growls an oath under his breath that would make the most hardened cultist flinch. That thing was NOT cheap, and it had saved his life more than once to boot. These idiot mutants were going to pay. He re-centers his gun on the one with the grenade launcher and holds the trigger with a defiant scream of "THESE BITCHES TOOK MY SKULL!"

--------------

Initiative (Julio, Servo-Skull): 5 9

Skull will aim and standard attack with its plasma gun, Julio will draw the Spectre in his recoil glove hand, draw from the Standard ammo clip, and go full-auto on the grenade launcher mutant, taking his eyes off the road in the process. We'll be fine!

Gunskull Attack vs 85 (35 +10 Aim +10 RDLS +30 Point-Blank): 100 lol, nice natural 100, now let's see if it kills us all

Plasma Gun Overheat: 2

Skull Toughness vs 20: 88 + Shutdown Rounds: 2, but wait, a GM roll comes in under 25, and the dead/shutdown skull flies out of the backseat and slams directly into the mutant leader, causing him to take the weapon's damage!

Fatal Head Trauma Inflicted by Skull: 1d10+9 17

Full Auto vs 79 (49 +20 Full Auto +10 Short Range): 18, 7 hits to leg, leg, body, arm, head, and the rest to the body.

Damage, Pen 0: 7#1d10+5 8 12 14 10 14 13 13, for a total of 84 damage before dodge, armor and TB.

e: Misread the block and gave myself an extra point of damage per bullet, fixed. Not that it matters.

pre:
WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel
27   49   28   42   41   37   43   37   62

Wounds: 13/13       Fate: 1/1
Armour: 5 All (6 vs first hit in a round, doubled vs psychic attacks, counts as normal vs Warp Weapon quality.)
Force Field: 50 (Overloads on 1-10)
Dodge: 61(x2) TB: 4 (6 for Left Arm)

Ambidextrous - No offhand penalties, reduced two-weapon fighting penalty.
Catfall - Free Action Agi Test on a fall; reduce effective distance fallen by Agi bonus on a Success and again for every DoS.
Deadeye Shot - +10 to Called Shots.
Gunslinger - Reduced two-weapon fighting penalty when using pistols.
Hatred (Adeptus Mechanicus) - +10 WS against enemy organization.
Heightened Senses (Sight) - +10 to tests involving this sense.
Hip Shooting - Can make a single attack with a pistol while moving as a Full Action.
Independent Targeting - Can fire two guns at two different targets more than 10m apart.
Marksman - No range penalties.
Mighty Shot - Adds +2 to gun damage (already added below).
Nerves of Steel - Reroll tests to avoid or recover from Pinning.
Quick Draw - Ready anything as a free Action.
Rapid Reaction - When Surprised or otherwise ambushed, can test Agility to act as normal.
Rapid Reload - Halve all reload times, rounding down.
Sharpshooter - +10 to Called Shots.
Step Aside - Can make two Dodges per round.
Two-Weapon Wielder (Ballistic) - Fire two guns with separate tests as a Full Action.

2x Bolt Pistols
-Standard Shells (6 Clips)   30m    S/2/-  1d10+7X   Pen.4  8/8||6/8  Half  Reliable (GC), Tearing, RDLS, Fire Selector
-Inferno Shells (4 Clips)                                   7/8||8/8        As Standard but adds Flame, which forces +0 Agi to avoid being set on fire.
-Tempest Shells (3 Clips)                                   8/8||8/8        As Standard but changes damage to Energy, add Shock quality, +3 Dam and Pen to Machines.
Spectre Autogun              80m    S/3/10 1d10+5I   Pen.0   10/20    Half  Reliable (GC), Silencer, Fire Selector
-Manstopper Rounds (15 Clips)                        Pen.3   40/40          (2 Clips Loaded)
Spectre Shotgun
-Inferno Shells (4 Clips)    30m    S/-/-  1d10+6I   Pen.0    4/4     Full  Reliable (GC), Scatter, Flame
-Cryptus Shells (5 Clips)                                                   Reliable (GC), Scatter, Special*
Kronos Plasma Pistol         30m    S/-/-  1d10+8E   Pen.6   10/10    1.5   Concealed Bionic (half-action to ready/un-ready, never jams or overheats, hidden in left arm/hand)
Kronos (Maximal)                           2d10+12E  Pen.8                  5x Ammo Consumption, Recharge (2 Rounds), (6 Clips)
Mk. III Sunfury (Gunskull)   40m    S/3/-  1d10+9E   Pen.6   10/10    5Full Overheats, Compact, RDLS, (6 Clips)

*Gains the Vicious quality against daemons, warp creatures, or anything with a Psy Rating. Those targets, if damaged by the attack,
must also test Toughness +0 or be blinded for 1d5 rounds. This weapon's damage is also considered Sanctified.

Wargear: Cameleoline Cloak, Recoil Glove, Gun-Skull (Uses statblock from Inquisitor's Handbook pg. 144) RIP skull, Combat 1--Combat 2, Cybernetic Left Arm (GC)
         Magistratum Carapace (Respirator (Can be used as a Gas Mask or Rebreather, armor counts as a sealed environment when using the Rebreather), Micro-bead, Photo-visor)

Bonuses/Penalties of Note: +20 to any test to resist direct psychic/warp abilities, -10 WP against mind control and interrogation

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Nov 23, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Davith Waelon

Davith gets a bit of a laugh with all the psychic fuckery going on, but in the end tries to shoot at the mad Rogue Trader. Which is when his gun clicks on him. He raises the weapon in his other hand, only for it too to click. He quickly cycles through a few other guns, only for them to come up with a dreaded failure to fire each time.

"Well ain't that the poo poo," he says as he ducks behind a near-by waste bin. He quickly reloads both of his las pistols. "So what, a refractor field? Guess I'll just stick with the weapons with the most economical per shot ratio, since this is essentially a numbers game. One shot will eventually get through that shield. Though with these two as my 'support' you'll like kill me before then."

He then peaks over the bin, "And really, we're the smart ones? The whole lot of us dropped down to this poo poo hole in a lightning storm of warp-like proportions. Clear to see none of us are smart. Hell, Inquisition ain't a well paying gig. so if you're going to kill us, could you do it already, you're just as big of an empty talker as any other Rogue Trader I've met."

Using my turn to quick draw my other las pistol and then reload each of them, in case this fight continues.

pre:
Characteristics:

Skills:
dodge
Tech use +20
medicae

Talents:
ambidextrous
Sprint
quick draw
rapid reload 
step aside

Traits:
void accustomed: immune to space travel sickness. zero and low gravity are not difficult terrain

weapons:

Normal: rng: 70m RoF: s/2/- Dam:1d10+3E Pen:0 Clp 30/30 Rld:half Spcl: reliable, accurate
Hotshot:rng: 70m RoF: s/-/- Dam:1d10+4E Pen:4 Clp 1/1 Rld:half Spcl: reliable, accurate, tearing
ovrcrgeL rng: 70m RoF: s/2/- Dam:1d10+4E Pen:1 Clp 15/15 Rld:half Spcl: reliable, accurate 

Ripper Pistol

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Polonia Samsara

As she gathers her power to strike again, the psyker practically spits invective at the enemy. "Silence, you worm, you sorcerous filth! Do you somehow think you are special? That you are the great and powerful one who can walk the twisted path with no consequence? You are nothing! You are a stain on the honor of the scholastica psykana and I will personally see you cleansed from this galaxy!"

The air fills with the scent of strange incense as invisible bolts ripple the space between them.

Manifesting a Lucky first, which I make without having to commit power dice since it's only threshold 6. That gives me a free reroll until the end of my next turn.
6 power dice force barrage: 6d10 25 +10 -4 = 31, 2 overbleeds, meaning 8 bolts at 1d10+9
test to hit for force barrage: 8#1d100 72 48 32 57 92 23 97 79
4 hits, let's use that Lucky reroll: free reroll on one of those hits: 1d100 45 good enough!
damage for five hits @ 1d10+9 pen0:5 hits 1d10+9: 5#1d10+9 13 17 11 14 19

1 phenomena: 1d100 6 etheral stench! it's sandalwood, beacause polonia is from raj era india w/ tron lines

pre:
Combat Block:
WS BS S  T  AGI INT PER WP FEL
31 32 27 34 33  51  53  66 34
     [47 in PA]     

AP 8 all in Ignatus PA, +20 STR, +1 Move, GC Photovisor & sealed air system
Wounds    : 15
Move      : 3/6/9/18 [4/8/12/24 in PA]
Fate      : 3/3

Nandaka,
BC Force Saber   Melee 1d10+11 R Pen8    Balanced, Force, +10 WS
		       1d10+13 w/ precision TK
A ton of powers, PR6

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia

She skids to a halt, the floor dented where she landed. In an instant she's back on her feet, staring cold-eyed at the smug man. Her companions rush straight back into combat, but Valencia hesitates. Part of her job was to look at figures, exchanges of value. Resource allocation was part and parcel of a Factor's interaction with the greater empire.

As was loss. Valencia was a loyal agent of the Adeptus Mechanicus, for the most part, but that did not, necessarily, mean she was entirely in alignment with the greater Imperial view. Psykers disturbed her at a fundamental level, but.... Both the Inquisitor and their quarry were psykers.

And only one of them had devastated almost an entire sector. Valencia had never been a fan of Exterminatus. So much wasted that could instead be reprocessed.

She keeps her blades up, and her shield circuits ready to fire, but she does not charge back into battle. After all, her implants made her mind quite thoroughly unassailable.

"I'll bite. What noble intent could you possess that justifies rebuilding the abominations you seek?" Though her words carry a bite, there's a brief flicker of doubt in Valencia's mind, a spark of what-if, a vision of possibility.

If that degree of technology could be safely recovered, with the heretical machines properly shackled to integrated servitors....

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Justicar Loire Merovech

Winged mutants? That was new. Most of the misbegotten freaks just had tumors and maybe an extra nonfunctional eye on their buttcheek.
Loire unslings her massive rifle and takes aim at the nearest man-pidgeon. Not even bothering to line up a shot at this range, she blows a hole the size of a fist through the vermin's right wing. Not necessarily a vital hit, but maybe it would slow the bastard down, a bit. Loire was getting pretty sick of muties, and it felt good to stamp a few out.

init: 1d10 8+3AB=11
blow their fuckin heads off: 1d100 19
blow their fuckin heads off: 1d10+5 7

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 6, 2016

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Sorry for the delay and lack of response, but since I work in retail sales, this time of year is absolute dogshit.

There will be an update likely the Monday or Tuesday immediately after Christmas since I get a five day vacation then. :v:

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Zachariah

"Foul, unrepentant creatures! I shall soon teach you the error of your ways!" Zachariah yells over the rushing wind, as he grips his hammer in one hand and holds onto the speeder with the other. Swinging the hammer at the nearest mutant, his aim is guided by the Emperor and hits the winged abhuman fully in the chest.

Initiative: 1d10+4 11
Aim + Attack vs 63: 1d100 48
Damage: 1d10+12 18

pre:
WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel
43   26   64   40   42   33   27   55   30
         (44)

Wounds: 18/18       Fate: 3/3
Armour: 8 All       Dodge 52

Aura of Faith - Nearby daemons must pass Warp Instability test or take damage
Combat Master - Cannot be outnumbered
Crushing Blow - +2 to melee damage
Disarm - As a full action, make an opposed WS test to disarm an opponent
Fearless - Immune to Fear and Pinning, must pass WP test to back down from a fight
Hard Target - Opponents take -10 to hit in ranged combat when running or charging
Hatred (Daemons) - +10 to WS tests against target
Into the Jaws of Hell - Minions are immune to Fear and Pinning
Iron Jaw - Pass T test to ignore Stunned
Strong Minded - Reroll failed WP tests against psy powers
Swift Attack - Make two melee attacks per turn
True Grit - Halve critical damage

Stub Revolver   30m    S/-/-  1d10+3I   Pen.0  6/6  2Full  Reliable
Great Hammer    Melee         1d10+12R  Pen.2              Unwieldly, Sanctified, Best Craftsmanship 
Stake-Crossbow  40m    S/–/–  1d10+4R   Pen.3  5/5  2Full  Sanctified, Special*
Bolt Pistol     30m    S/2/–  1d10+6X   Pen.4  6/6  Full
Power Stake     Melee         1d10+15E  Pen.5              Power Field, Unbalanced, Sanctified

*Tearing effect against targets with Psy Rating or Sorcery. If 6+ Damage dealt after Armour and Toughness, 
bolt becomes embedded. Removing the bolt deals 1d5 Damage ignoring Armour and Toughness Bonus.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Flying the Unfriendly Skies

It was supposed to be a simple highjacking. Max and his boys had seen the speeder from below, and they'd always had a plan to do something like this. Fly up, kill the pilot, salvage the crash and the passengers, make a great payday. Sure one of his guys might catch a slug or two, or worst case scenario, a laser blast, but no one around here packed any serious heat.

Unfortunately for Max, Julio and the others weren't from around here. Zachariah roared out as he batted one of the mutants clean out of the sky, his body bouncing against the wing of the speeder before tumbling head over heels, limbs flailing, to the ground below. The pig in the backseat shouldered a huge gently caress-off rifle and blew off the wing of another one of Max's men, and without the lift, the mutant fell to the ground like a rock.

But it was the loving servo skull that ruined his day the most. Max was able to duck out of the way of the plasma blast easily enough, though the scream behind him told him all he needed to know about the fate of his buddy with the grenade launcher. When Max turned back around, the overheated skull beaned him square between the eyes, and he caught it dumbly in his hands, staring at it incredulously. When he looks back up after hearing the skull's owner screaming at him, Max did what a winged mutant does best.

He ran. He dove, hard, his heart beating fast and his body sweaty from fear and nerves. This wasn't the simple highjacking he had expected. This was a loving nightmare. A few shots whizzed by him from Julio's spray of lead, but Max escaped untouched, hurtling himself away from the speeder as fast as his mutant limbs could carry him.

Max had decided he was going to see about becoming a penitent to the Emperor after all this.

All of the mutants either died or hosed off. The leader survived to harass you another day.

Daizon update coming later.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Dealing with the Devil

Daizon visibly relaxes when he sees that both Davith and Valencia are interested to hear him out. "That's the right choice, then, isn't it? Listen, your inquisitor, he -"

Polonia unleashes a mighty barrage of invisible spheres at the sorcerous Rogue Trader, and with his guard down, the first catches him square in the face, causing his head to whip back violently and his hair to fly out of control around him. Blood sprays from his lip and nose and he staggers for a moment, before seeming to regain his senses and duck to the side to avoid the next set of missiles. His hair is now a mess and in complete disarray, and blood trickles down his chin and upper lip; he bares bloodied teeth at Polonia, his fists crackling with power as he bats the next few telekinetic strikes away.

"Your narrow minded simpleton! A greater doom approaches us all and you're keen to prattle on about impurity and indiscretions?! I don't bloody care that you're some sort of psykana teacher, you're as daft as they come!" Daizon's hair begins to float about him in a nimbus as jagged bolts of energy crackle around his body; the scent of sandalwood sours quickly as reality begins to ripple and crack around the rogue trader, his good eye turning milky white as power wells up within him. The ground beneath him cracks and dents downward as he hovers, the air around him whipping into a visible storm in a sphere about him.

But the sorcerer unclenches his fist and exhales heavily through his gritted teeth, lowering his head as the power fades and he drops back to the ground. He brushes his hair back from his face and wipes the blood from his chin, looking at it for a moment before shaking his head and digging a kerchief from a pocket with his clean hand. "Forgive me, I have a bit of a temper when it comes to people being right idiots in the face of a greater power; I see it as similar to pantsing a minister in church. Good fun up until you get caned." He grins, his mood turning back to a cocky swagger as he cleans his hands. "I ken that knocking the stupid out of your psychic friend there wouldn't do much to endear me to you lot, so let's keep our minds to ourselves, yeah?"

He hops up out of the divot he had created and tucks the handkerchief into a back pocket, cautiously approaching the trio. "Right, quick run down here. Your inquisitor's gone mad and is hearing whispers from one of the dark gods. His other men are either following him due to being completely loyal morons, or they're turned, too. Being what I am, I saw the influence and tried to work it out with him, but he called me a traitor. Tried to fill me in on his plan, I fought fire with fire, tried to keep ahead of him, and here I am now."

The man sniffs, keeping his hands up in front of him to keep them where the three can see them. "He's set to sacrifice this final planet and bring out some nasty thing from the warp to rampage across the galaxy and consume Terra and everything standing before it. Don't quite know what it is, but it's a bit more than your average daemon; old fool's convinced nothing that can be touched and perceived by the warp can stand against it." He taps his forehead with a sly grin. "Hence, artificial intelligence. Men of Stone and Men of Iron, an army of beings with no soul, but this time, we can keep reins on them. Magical rituals and what not."

With a shrug, Daizon glances from Polonia to Valencia. "So, what do you lot think? Am I doing this on my own, or are we going to keep this little scrap going? Because the way I see It, we don't have a whole hell of a lot time, and if we're going to kill each other, I'd like to get it over with so at least one of us can take down that old idiot."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Julio Kierkegaard XII

Julio grins as the mutant in his sights turns into a red cloud. His smile vanishes when he glances down just in time to see the last survivor snatch his servo-skull out of the air and fly off with it. He growls through clenched teeth, tosses the rifle back to the floor, and turns his attention back to the terrain ahead.

For a second, he considers whipping the vehicle around... but the Inquisitor might object if he found out backup was delayed because Julio didn't want to lose his servo-skull. Old bastard wouldn't understand how much he liked that thing. If he was still alive, anyway. Whiteknuckle, he wills the speeder to go faster, muttering to himself.

"Oh, you little thieving bastard, you are so dead. You're lucky I'm on business, or I'd turn this drat thing around. You better pray that I die or this planet does, because otherwise I am going to find you, you dirty little winged pissant. That was mine, that was loving mine, and it wasn't cheap. I didn't buy a customized plasma-spitting sabre-toothed skull so some Twist rear end in a top hat could wear it as a deadly codpiece. Y'know what, I think his head will be joining the skull when I get it back. Yeah, that's the ticket, two skulls, hell, a whole swarm of skulls following me around, made from everybody who fucks with me..."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Davith Waelon

Davith quickly slams power packs into his Mark IV's, ready to get into a prolonged firefight with the Rogue Trader's power field, hoping it was a real power field and not a psychic one. His jaw then hangs open as the rogue trader hovers in the air and goes all mini lightning storm, only for him to float on down and act like nothing happened.

Davith actually chucles to himself loudly. "Holy Thor's Blood you loving Rogue Traders. I have worked for, and with, Rogue Traders my entire career before I got into the Inquisition field, and without exception, they are all megalomaniac tarts that feel that they are burdened with Glorious Purpose, and only they can be the greatest traders, or experts on xeno-archeology, or crusading and bringing the Emperor's will uncharted space. Right now here is what I know. I haven't seen any proof that the Inquisitor is consorting with daemons or doing anything too radical besides liberal exterminatus, while you're going around gathering components to make men of stone and iron. 'fight fire with fire' is the kind of poo poo guilty people say to justify their insanity."

Okay, going to half action aim, then half action delay a single shot until after the other two have gone. If either of them attacks Daizon, then I will shoot. TN of the test would be 75. 55 base, +10 aim, +10 red dot, +10 accurate.

pre:
Characteristics:

Skills:
dodge
Tech use +20
medicae

Talents:
ambidextrous
Sprint
quick draw
rapid reload 
step aside

Traits:

weapons:

Ripper Pistol

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Polonia Samsara

"How convenient for you, rogue," she practically spits the word, "that your "accusations" would require a orrery's worth of labor to substantiate. Such a ritual has never been attempted on a non-local scale, and planetary drift alone would make it almost impossible to verify!"

The sanctionite levels her blade at the sorcerer's eye and slowly circles left, in order to put a safe distance between her fellow acolytes and any warp phenomena she will generate. "Are we to simply take the word of an admitted and proud heretic who dabbles in not one, but two forbidden realms? You could easily have led the Inquisitor to those worlds and allowed his zeal to do the dirty work for you, while you collected that which was necessary for your other blasphemies. It does make one wonder, what gives your new Men of Stone the spark of life? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and you have offered up nothing but smoke!"

Manifesting Lucky first, so I can reroll the inevitable fail, then glimpsing an FL(Warp/Daemonology) test at 81:
FL warp/daemonology vs 81: 1d100 20
of course, now that I actually prep for a roll I don't need it
but! it's time for more teacher sass. cite your sources, your grades depend on it, never not quote charles fort

oh, polonia will charge him if someone else takes the first shot

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Justicar Loire Merovech

Loire watched with satisfaction as the mutant she clipped plummeted to his death. One less freak poisoning mankinds genepool. Before she even had a chance to reload the surviving mutie had fled with Julio's toy skull.
What a shame. He clearly loved that stupid thing. Maybe some decent music would cheer him up while the finished the drive to the manufactory? She fiddled with the radio a bit, trying to find something that didn't sound like it was being sung by someone with more than the usual number of limbs.
Tech-use for Radio: 1d100 63
Failure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN_SxiP6RZ0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Turbulence

With the mutants routed, there is little to stand in the way of the speeder's race towards the manufactorum; however, after seven minutes of flight, the vehicle begins to beep a fuel warning, and Julius sees the needle is sitting firmly on the E. He eases the vehicle down, landing in the empty parking field to the south of the manufacoturm, and as the vehicle descends, the radio kicks out into static; like the others, Loire, Zach, and Julio find their communications are no longer responsive.

Over one of the far off buildings, Zachariah spies several chunks of debris sailing into the air, amidst a localized lightning storm. Whatever it is, it's likely to be about five minutes away by foot.

Speeder team has landed, and can join the fight with Daizon; they would arrive as Polonia and Davius are pointing their weapons at him.

• Locked thread