Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Zachariah

"There!" Zachariah cries, jumping out of the speeder before it touches down and pointing toward the unnatural lightning in the near distance. "Whatever's going on, I want to be there when it happens," he yells back over his shoulder, not looking to see if the others follow him.

The Manufactorum was a maze of walkways and tunnels, but the old priest had a nose for action. It didn't take long for him to burst into the alley where the rest of the group are facing down their quarry. "Ah! Hang on, lemme catch my breath," he wheezes, holding onto the wall with one hand. Looking up, he takes in the scene and notices a distinct lack of combat. "We killin' this guy or what?" He calmly unclips a crossbow from his hip and ratchets back the string.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Julio Kierkegaard XII

Julio punches the dashboard and jumps out. Neither the unexpected shutdown nor the music they'd been subjected to had improved his mood.

"Piece of garbage. If I had the time I'd blow it up. Lead on, priest."

Along the way, he takes the opportunity to reload his Spectre's shotgun with Cryptus shells. There weren't many things that you found at the center of an unnatural lightning display other than psykers and daemons. Sure enough, they found their target... sneering at the rest of the team sans the Inquisitor in an alleyway, with neither side trying to kill each other. Yet. Gun raised, he scans Daizon's face, trying to get a read on him.

"Sorry we're late. Blame mutants. Is there a reason we aren't killing him, or were you just waiting for us to show up?"

I have no idea if this will be necessary given Wiegieman's roll, but I'll go ahead and make a Scrutiny roll anyway, against 53 or 43 depending on whether or not Heightened Senses (Sight) applies. I think it should, but it's up to the GM.

Scrutiny vs 53/43: 10, so that's either 3 or 4 DoS against any kind of Deceive, Charm, etc. he's trying.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Justicar Loire Merovech

Lagging behind the other two by an alarming amount (throne she needed to get in shape) she unslings her rifle along the way. Turning a corner and seeing a whole load of heretical looking bullshit she slams her finger on the trigger as hard as she can. Eat poo poo psyker gently caress!
bam!: 1d100 82
A bullet the size of a childs fist wizzes by Daizon's ear and punches a hole the size of an orange in the wall. As Loire frantically reloads she notices that no-one else is fighting. "Ok....What'd I miss?"

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Strange Bedfellows

Daizon remains still as Polonia circles him with her blade drawn, keeping his hands visible and away from his own blade. Moments later, the rest of the cell arrives, and he finds himself with several guns and melee weaponry pointed at him. He sighs, keeping his eyes forward as he speaks. "So good of you three to join us. You seem to know who I am, and I know who you are, so I assume we can skip the introductions and get to the meat of the matter. I was explaining the double cross your Inquisitor was pulling on you and his intent to sacrifice this planet, like the others before, to bring about a horrific warp titan to consume and lay waste to the souls of the Imperium."

He clears his throat, smiling warmly now. "The Men of Stone I have created are soulless machinations that were intended to fight this creature, if it comes about, but I'm truly hoping you six can actually, I don't know, STOP Dukovich?" His smile fades as he ends his sentence. "Look, I know Dukovich sent you on the premise that you were to stop me from creating an artificially intelligent automated monstrosity, and I've already done that. By what he's told you, you've already lost. I have nothing to gain coming to you for help if I'm the villain here, since I've already got my army. I'd be pointlessly putting myself at risk on the cusp of victory, and for what?" He folds his arms across his chest, looking between the six members of the cell. "But that old man is lying to you."

"Cornelius knew you couldn't get inside the central manufactorum facility, and if you died here, it'd be blamed on me. But I can get you in. He's in there right now, preparing his ritual. He's going to destroy the planet's core and bring about a cataclysm unlike anything seen before. You have everything to lose not believing me." He sighs, running a hand through his hair and adjusting the strap of his eyepatch. "Look. I'll be your prisoner, take you there, get you in. When he's there like I say he is, you stop him and we know who's on the right side of history here. And if I'm lying? Well, there's six of you and one of me, and I'm going to be in cuffs."

The Rogue Trader unbuckles his scabbard from his waist and tosses it to Polonia, twisting a ring off of his right middle finger. "I've got a holdout plasma pistol in a holster on my left leg, and this is a digi-melta I'm pulling off here. I expect these back once we've stopped this idiot. Forcefield generator's in my necklace, if that's a concern."

Julio studies Daizon as he talks, but doesn't discern any tics on the man's face; he seems calm but convicted with what he's saying. Polonia still doubts the plausibility of the alleged plan of Dukovich, however.

Believe him or not, this is a time to act; he can lead you to the central facility Dukovich originally wanted you to attack him at, or you can take advantage of his disarmed state.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 11, 2017

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Julio Kierkegaard XII

"Well, that's a lot to take in. But... hell. I lie for a living, and this doesn't seem like a lie to me. If it is, it's the most unnecessarily complicated and pointlessly over-dramatic plan ever devised. What's the harm in taking a look? If he's lying, I shoot him and we're done, one way or the other. Dukovich's reputation isn't stellar, but if the Inquisition thinks you're obviously a madman burning through all your goodwill in the name of your vendetta... they're a lot less likely to give you a second look, because you've already failed in their eyes, you just haven't failed in a way that they're willing to punish. Hiding in plain sight."

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Justicar Loire Merovech

Loire's distaste for torture extended to the kinds of people who were guilty of small crimes, like jaywalking or slaughtering the nobility. Things that everyone was guilty of every once in awhile. Not blowing up planets. "I call bullshit, I say we tie him down and ram a shock baton up hi-." Then again if he was telling the truth she could throw a bullet into an inquisitor and possibly not get executed for it..."Actually let's see where this is going. I vote we follow the good man!"
Loire walks up and cuffs Daizon, leaving his necklace unmolested. She shoves him forward "Lead away Lord Diesgradus."

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jan 11, 2017

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia

Her posture, a ready-to-leap stance that should be stressing her muscles, is impossibly still. The red-clad woman listens, intently, neurons whirring*. It sounds... far too plausible, to be honest. They're both psykers, and this one isn't the one that's ruined the sector, at least not in finality.

It's worth a check. And an entry into the Manufactorum core, to check on the technology. Maybe snag a copy of what he's been working with. Just in case. If these soulless creatures do function well against Daamons, well. The Mechanicus had broken many of its own rules--or rather, changed those rules-- over the millenia.

"I'm on board. It's foolish to leave options unexplored, and if he's telling the truth, well. We'd be fools to risk that."

*Unlike so many of her fellows, her brain does not have gears.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Zachariah

Zachariah throws up his arms in exasperation. "I guess we're siding with the crazy witch, hm? Doesn't bloody surprise me, given the way this day's gone so far." He marches up to the Rogue Trader, pressing his crossbow into Daizon's gut. "I'm really hoping you're wrong, heretic. I want to watch you burn in the Emperor's unmerciful light."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Daizon tests his shackles for a moment and shrugs, lowering his hands to his waist. He raises an eyebrow at the priest and his crossbow, but just gives him another shrug. "I may be a witch, but I'm not crazy, my friend. I've done what I needed to out of necessity. Do you really think I'd want to blow up the world where all of my family's fortunes are staked? Please." He grins, brushing his hair away from his face before lowering his hands again. "But regardless, we've got an apocalypse to put a stop to." At Loire's prodding, he begins to march forward, humming to himself as he does.

Feel free to recover any wounds or fate points as this is sort of a rest/transition period. Feel free to ask Daizon any questions or make any lore tests you like at this point; he will grant +20 to any lore test pertaining to the sector, the warp, rogue traders, or really anything related to what you'd expect a sorcerous swashbuckling rogue trader to know.

The march takes a good fifteen minutes, but finally Daizon stops the group in front of an inconspicuous section of alley wall. He walks over to it, placing his ear against it for a moment before pressing his hands against the bricks searchingly. "I don't have any sort of clearance into the facility proper, but the Deisgradus dynasty has been on this planet for millennia, at least; we supplied workers and materials when this manufactorum was being built, and I believe that was primarily so my ancestor could hide a few secret doors to allow his people to move more easily against our opposition. Never a dull moment, politically, on a forge world." He gives Valencia a smirk at this before turning back to the wall.

"Bloody switch has to be here somewhere. This door will take us into a small warehouse, which should give us a good start towards the heart of the facility. I have a few of my men of stone tucked away en route, though the majority of them are lying dormant in the sewers below the plant. If we need them, I can call on them, but.." He looks back to Valencia and Polonia. ".. I have my doubts you'll allow their use, mm?" He shakes his head, pausing for a moment with his hands over the bricks.

Realization sets in on the Rogue Trader's face, and he rolls his eyes with a groan. "Oh, for the love of.." Daizon takes one step to the left and kicks the wall, hard, causing it to swing inwards with a grinding of gears. He turns to the group and gives a faint bow, smiling broadly. "Prepare yourselves, my unexpected friends. I don't know what to expect inside but I don't imagine we'll have a leisurely stroll to our Inquisitor."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Julio Kierkegaard XII

"Huh. Secret passages. Great. Day's just getting better and better."

Julio draws his auspex and peers into the passageway, quietly cursing himself for forgetting to pick up photo-contacts or something. Maybe he'd just get some high-quality bionics if he got through this, incorporate that functionality into them. Be a lot more comfortable to be able to swap his eye color at will instead of wearing contacts. He hated the Mechanicus, but he was very fond of their toys.

"You have any idea what's in there? Automated defenses, hordes of daemons, human defenders, booby-traps? I'll be pinging with the 'spex regardless, but it'd be easier if I knew what to set it to."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Polonia Samsara

Clomping along behind the admitted heretical sorcerer, the sanctionite responds, "No, I rather think we will not have you bring more of your monstrosities along to assist with your inevitable betrayal."

Glancing along the length of her blade, she continues, "The Inquisitor will expose the truth of your lies, and then I shall kill you. Or, he will react in the manner of a heretic, in which case I shall kill him. Life in the Emperor's service is quite simple."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Davith Waelon

As the others work on securing the heretic, Davith stares with his mouth agape, obviously out-voted on the 'kill the guy they are here to kill" vote. "Uh, the rest of you just got here, so maybe you should know this rear end in a top hat has built men of stone, which ain't that far off from a man of iron, which for the challenged of you, are like servators, without the flesh, and nearly wiped out mankind!"

As they march on, Davith quickly reloads all his weapons that were jammed by the psyker that was supposed to be on their side. Once they were reloaded, Davith puts the Ripper in one hand and a bolt pistol in the other hand. As they reach their destination, Davith piggy-backs off of Polonia, "Yeah, and while she's busy killing the Inquisitor, in the unlikely event our Inquisitor is a bad guy, which nothing besides your lies points to that, I'll be plugging you full of holes. It'll feel real drat good killing a Rogue Trader like you. I'll take my time, enjoy it."

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Zachariah

Never removing his aim from Daizon, Zachariah follows the Rogue Trader into the secret passage. "So, what's the big plan, then? Big fancy man like you must have something a little bit more sophisticated than 'run in, kill Inquisitor' in mind, eh? Not that I believe you yet - that remains to be seen."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Daizon nods to Julio, for the moment ignoring the barbs and threats of the others as he closes his eyes and goes still. Polonia can feel the Rogue Trader reaching out with his mind to sense the area, and out of concern that he may tamper with the findings or outright lie, does so as well, letting her mental self float from her body to peer through the walls of the building and see what may lie ahead.

She finds herself afloat in an astral form alongside Daizon, whose brow is furrowed; his astral being is fortunate enough to have both of his eyes intact, although the one that would be under the eye patch throbs a dull orange. He gives her a strained smile and gestures out over the facility. "Servitors, mostly. Not many living beings in this facility, though whether that is through the staffing or murder I'm not sure. What I am sure of is that." He points towards a flickering power, physically deep within the Manufactorum but feeling dreadfully close to Polonia. The psychic energy is very familiar to her, and she recognizes it after a moment as that of Inquisitor Dukovich.

"Cornelius is already doing.. SOMETHING, but I truly can't tell what. But he is fully divested of everything but what it is his he's doing, else I'd fear he'd have sensed us by now." The sorcerer scratches at his beard for a moment. While Daizon is untrained in the finer art of psyniscience, Polonia has all but mastered its use, and it's readily obvious to her that Dukovich is focusing and gathering his mental powers; he is continuously unleashing his power and gathering it back from deep within himself, over and over. To what purpose is lost on her, as she is unaware of any sort of ritual, even the one that Daizon had suggested he was attempting, that would require such effort. She is, however, confident in that he isn't simply signaling for help with this action; the Inquisitor was an experience telepath and wouldn't need to resort to such mundane flaring of his abilities to draw the attention of other psykers.

But as the two allow their minds to linger, they both feel something red and malignant turning its gaze upon them, something that isn't quite Dukovich. Polonia feels it before Daizon is even aware of it, and when she retreats back to the fortress of her own mind, the sorcerous Rogue Trader follows suit, starting awake with a gasp. He looks at Polonia for a long moment before speaking. "Mostly just servitors out there, no defenses that I am aware of; this IS just a manufactorum and I would assume he thinks he's won at this point. He's doing something in the heart of the facility, but I can't tell what exactly; I imagine it has to do with his ritual."

The rogue psyker pauses for a moment before pressing on. "There is something else in there with him, and I don't know if I mean that in regards to his mind and body, or just the room he's in. But I think it knows we're here and I get a feeling it isn't too happy to see us. I couldn't tell what it was but I know we won't like it." He gives a half-grin at this before shaking his head. "There's a few false walls between us and the Inquisitor, which should make things a bit quicker. Servitors should leave us alone; they're not going to be programmed to do anything but follow their blueprints and what not. "

After a moment, he turns his head towards Davith, cocking an eyebrow at him. "I get the hate for me being what I am in terms of psychic power and whatever the Inquisitor has told you, chum, but you're getting too much of a chuckle out of the idea of filling me full of holes for being a rogue trader. You wouldn't happen to be one of those "eat the rich" underhive types, would you?"

Rolled Psyniscience for Polonia, feel free to do any lore checks that you feel would be relevant. We'll get moving along pretty quickly at this point.

Polonia Psyniscience vs 73: 1d100 47

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Julio Kierkegaard XII

"Great, great. Angry mysterious presences. Good to know. Bloody psykers..."

Clearly Daizon didn't know a drat thing for certain, so he was going to have to think this through himself. He wasn't about to stroll into servo-turrets or something similar blind, not if he could help it. Julio wracks the fragmentary memories of his original self, trying to remember what these sort of places were like on the inside.

Trying to guess how likely there are to be mechanical defenses, what the layout of the inside will be like, and just general lay-of-the-land stuff for this place.

FL (AdMech) vs 37/57: 23, so that's either 2 or 4 DoS depending on whether or not the +20 bonus from Daizon applies.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

John Dyne posted:

You wouldn't happen to be one of those "eat the rich" underhive types, would you?"[/b]
Justicar Loire Merovech

"Well at the very least I am, you're just lucky I hate Inquisitors more." She digs the barrel of her gun into the small of the Rogue Traders back, prodding him along faster.

Loire always performed better under pressure, out in the real world. It's why she was made a Cult Stalker after all. On the station at the start of this shitshow she'd struggled to dredge up any information whatsoever. Now it seems she could recall every sordid deed she'd ever read about or witnessed. Ritual sacrifice, orgies, heretek ceremonies.
Drinking blood, spreading disease. And intentionally causing Exterminatus? That one was rare but she was sure she'd heard about such a thing before...

Lore Rolles (Cults Heresy Psykers Occult): 4#1d100 24 56 86 4

I feel like psykers was the one with the most potential, but that one failed. All the others Have a TN of 71.
Lore Ree Rolles (Psykers): 1d100 71
Fatepoint reroll failed, as Psykers is TN 61

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Polonia Samsara

The sanctionite unconsciously touches fingers to her helmet. "That was... unpleasant." As she turns to the sorcerer she adds, "Do you see what comes of neglecting the basics? Your defenses are thin, your senses dulled by this obsession with ritual and the heretical."

A deep breath, and she continues. "The inquisitor's use of power is drastic and regular. The flaring we detect is not the purpose of his action, but a byproduct. He's far too skilled a telepath to resort to such crude measures. There's something happening in there, something deliberate, and a malign presence which could certainly not have missed him given that it detected us."

She gives a brief "get on with it" gesture with her blade. "We should continue. I will try to remember anything which might be similar to this."

FL anything-warp-related vs 76 (probably daemonology) because lucky and glimpse break skill tests over one's knee
lucky fl reroll: 1d100 5

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia

It's not right. Too many of her companions shouldn't be this deep in a holy manufactorum, let alone their target-turned-potential-ally. And yet, it is essential. Valencia does not possess the senses Polonia and the Rogue Trader scout with, but she trusts their reports--it would be foolish not to, and the two of them have no reason to deceive her, or chance to plan a deception. No, their reports corroborate each other, with regards to the dark powers at work.

"Inquisitors are in no way immune to corruption themselves..." She muses idly. "Faith can become twisted, especially when one's mind touches the Warp directly. I can even see how Exterminatus could be turned into a dark ritual..."

She sighs. The Inquisition has its uses, but sometimes it gets so blasted zealous, destroying resources and knowledge that would do much better preserved... and handed over to the Adeptus Mechanicus for proper utilization. And she can't stop thinking about what Daizon said about his men of stone. If the automated weapons truly lack a connection --and thus vulnerability--to the warp... That could be essential to mankind's survival.

"Typically, loyal inquisitors don't consort with unknown beings of immense power. It's rather against their code. Fascinating." She chuckles, suddenly. "If this goes well, I think I'll share a bottle or two of my private stash."

FL: Admech vs 66 for any knowledge Valencia might have about facilities of this sort--maybe she even saw a report on this one at some point--that could be useful http://orokos.com/roll/480338: 1d100 41

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Valencia and Julio both recall, rather vividly, that these sorts of facilities typically don't have much in the way of automated or pre-installed defenses; few people are keen on robbing factories that produce knives and other basic tools and utensils for the Imperium, and all of the security necessary comes in the form of the skitarii and other mechanicus assigned to the facility. It is, however, pretty well unheard of for there to be secret passages and corridors installed; Valencia knows the alteration of blueprints for facilities such as this is INCREDIBLY heretical, but it's likely whoever did such a thing is long, long dead.

Polonia turns her mind to what she knows of daemons, and she knows that presence she felt before was daemonic in nature, likely Khornate in nature. She knows Khorne revels in slaughter, hungering for rivers of blood and mountains of skulls; exterminates on such a scale as the Inquisitor has been ordering would be most pleasing to the Blood God. Something aligned to Khorne is watching this ritual with keen interest, which would explain the intense hatred she and Daizon felt when its attention turned to them. With a similar amount of information, Loire can recall a time she busted up a Khornate cult, and how it was pretty much a slaughterhouse.

The group presses forward, with Daizon in the lead; at every other corner bend, he stops at the wall to kick at one of the bricks, causing the wall to slide open. According to Valencia's mental blueprints of the facility, they were saving an amazing amount of time following the Rogue Trader's shortcuts, and bypassing a large part of the facility. After five such shortcuts, Daizon pauses, wincing in pain. Polonia feels a pressure in her own skull, a sign of the fabric of reality being thinned and weakened by the ritual. He continues to lead the acolytes deeper into the facility, and before long, even the least psychic among the group can feel as if everything is getting.. thinner.

Finally, Daizon stops before the final shortcut, feeling at the wall for the final pressure plate. The air is filled with voices chanting in High Gothic, though neither Polonia nor Daizon can feel any other living beings beyond Dukovich.

DIES IRAE
SOLVET SAECLUM IN FAVILLA
TESTE DUKOVICH CUM ALEXANDER
QUANDO JUDEX EST VENTURUS
DIES IRAE

The sorcerer finally presses in the correct brick, and with a deep breath, he shoves the wall open. Before them expands the reactor heart of the manufactorm, where Dukovich hovers several feet in the air, his arms spread and his feet pointed to the ground as energy flares about him, arcs of lightning striking against the reactor from his fingertips. His cloak flutters behind him, a sheet of crackling flame, and the singing voices emanate from the thinning veil surrounding him. Daizon, furrows his brows and clenches his fists, glancing back to the others. "Come on. We need to end this." As the Rogue Trader steps forward, he and Polonia have only a moment for their psychic senses to catch wind of the sudden rise in power near them. Polonia is able to step back and keep the rest of the cell out of the way, but Daizon, fully exposed, turns his head to the side just as a massive, roaring column of superheated gas strikes him; Daizon's cry of pain and alarm is cut off suddenly, and when the blast dissipates, he is no longer standing before the doorway.

A voice familiar to Loire, Zachariah, and Julio calls out from within the reactor heart, giving them pause and a moment of confusion. "Ha! To think, the two of you chased one another for so bloody long, and all it took to kill you was a fethin' melta gun."

Polonia feels reality warp and rend once again, and In the distance, only a dozen feet from Dukovich, a man steps out from nothingness, a melta cannon resting on his shoulder. His armored suit is covered in intricate runes that make Polonia feel confused if she stares for too long, and she finds while she can see the man, she cannot SENSE the man. Dukovich's strained voice fills the air, his body contorting as psychic power flares up within him once more.

"He is coming! Joseph Alexander, He is coming! I can feel the Emperor's spirit surging from beyond! Every accursed soul we cleanse from this world, it fuels Him! I can feel it, Lord Emperor, I can feel His glory!" Dukovich rants and raves as his body shudders, his hair standing on end and smoking from the raw power surging through his body.

The man behind it all stands before them all, a man known to Zachariah, Loire, and Julio: "Farty" Joe Alexander.

e:

[01:44] <Schizotek> Alexander isn't dukovichs first name is it
[01:44] <~Dyne> nope
[01:44] <Schizotek> who da gently caress is alexander
[01:45] <Schizotek> oh.
[01:45] <~Dyne> lmao
[01:45] <~Dyne> 'WHO IS ALEXANDER, TELL ME, I HAVEN'T READ THE WHOLE POST AND AM COMMENTING AS I GO'

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Feb 1, 2017

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Julio Kierkegaard XII

"Well, poo poo. I am impressed, Joe. I mean really, I thought I was the master of the long con, but this is really something else. I'd be applauding if my hands weren't full."

Julio slowly returns his auspex to the back of his belt, careful to keep his drawn pistol pointed down and nonthreatening. This was a razor's edge and he had one chance to pull this off at best. If he could activate the ace up his sleeve and catch him off guard, they might make it out of this. Just had to keep talking, keep him distracted. He'd deal with the drat Inquisitor once there wasn't a melta gun a few meters away.

"I'd say you've got us dead to rights. Pretty humiliating to be on the other end of this kind of thing, almost makes me feel bad for all the times I've done something like this to other people. So, what now? And if you'll indulge my curiosity, where'd you pick up the Tanith slang? Not too common to hear oaths from a dead planet with one regiment."

I'd ask this in the OOC thread but lol it's archived.

Inquisitor's Handbook pg. 225 mentions that you can attempt an Opposed Blather vs Scrutiny/WP to distract an opponent from your hostile intentions once per encounter, so long as you aren't already in battle or otherwise doing anything overtly hostile/confrontational to them. Succeeding on the Opposed Test means they can't Dodge or Parry so long as the very next thing you do is a Standard Attack.

So basically, what I'm asking is: can I attempt a Sleight of Hand check to activate the plasma pistol concealed in my bionic arm without him noticing, then assuming that succeeds (and that'd be a 50/50 shot even before any penalties) attempt the above Opposed Blather test and try to blow a hole in this clown while I have him distracted?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Davith Waelon

Davith pushes the Ripper Pistol into the Rogue Trader's ribs rather hard, "No, I'm not an eat the rich type, I very much like the rich, when they ain't power hungry assholes who think the rules don't apply to them. You know, like you."

Then more more quickly than Davith would have liked, Daizon is nothing but super-heated gas and the fleeting smell of over-cooked bacon. "Mother. Fucker," is all he can muster, angry that he wasn't the one to deliver so ignoble a death to such a pompous rear end in a top hat. Davith quickly levels both his guns, the ripper and the hell pistol, at this new threat. "Would someone, ANYONE, please tell me who the gently caress this guy is, and ONE REALLY GOOD REASON, why I shouldn't plug him?"

SL heraldry to see if the name Joe Alexander is some name of import.

SL heraldry to recognize joe Alexander TN of 66: 1d100 42

So with my unnatural Intelligence that is 4 DoS.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Polonia Samsara

Polonia is hardly so distracted by the immensely heretical rituals being performed that she can miss a blast from a melta gun at close range, nor is her reservoir of offended pride exhausted. "You! How dare you kill a prisoner of the Inquisition! That sorcerer was to be evaluated and judged by the proper authorities!"

Though she turns her attention to the inquisitor, it's clear that the situation here has gone too far. It's time to put a damper on the proceedings, at least until they can get some idea of whatever rampant idiocy is taking place. "Inquisitor, you must stop this vulgarity at once! I still answer to lady Forsythe, not you!"

"And you... begone." A nearby column cracks, then rips itself from its foundations to crush the newcomer, whoever he might be.

initiative ritual fight: 1d10+3 9
lucky takes no roll, then a balls-out 6 dice fling because gently caress if I'm gonna try to do anything direct to someone I can't get a read on
6 power dice fling: 6#1d10 7 7 5 4 5 2
that's what I'm talkin' about! 43 total power, -14 for fling, -4 for sustaining, = 5 overbleeds
wp to hit with fling, ritual fight: 1d100 84
lucky reroll:
wp to hit with fling, ritual fight, lucky reroll: 1d100 11
that'll do. fling damage: 1d10+36 38 impact damage

repeat after me: gently caress this guy

pre:
Combat Block:
WS BS S  T  AGI INT PER WP FEL
31 32 27 34 33  51  53  66 34
     [47 in PA]     

AP 8 all in Ignatus PA, +20 STR, +1 Move, GC Photovisor & sealed air system
Wounds    : 15
Move      : 3/6/9/18 [4/8/12/24 in PA]
Fate      : 3/3

Nandaka,
BC Force Saber   Melee 1d10+11 R Pen8    Balanced, Force, +10 WS
		       1d10+13 w/ precision TK
A ton of powers, PR6

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 2, 2017

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Justicar Loire Merovech

Ugh. Farty Joe. Should have blown his kneecaps off in the bar.
Still. Never too late for a good deed! Loire followed Polonia's lead and drew a bead on the flatulent menace.
BLOW THEIR FUCKIN HEADS OFF pt2: 1d100 27
BLOW THEIR FUCKIN HEADS OFF pt2 damage: 1d10+5 14

Lovely. With any luck after they worked Dukovich over with a two-by-four and a pair of electro-cables, they could move on to her boss. Loire never realized just how much she needed the idea of putting a bullet into Inquisitor Amal's head. Finally something to look forward to in her career!

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia

Well. That solved the problem of whether or not to trust Daizon. Unfortunately premature--he might have been useful--but nicely simplifying.

"I don't know who the gently caress you are, but I want you dead."

She charges him, swinging an arm-blade.

initiative: 1d10+3 8

WS [43+charge bonus what I forget]: 1d100 55
damage: 1d10+9 16
should be a hit after the charge bonus, unless he do something

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Zachariah

"Dukovich, you poo poo! You let the taint of Chaos get to you! I'm sorry I have to do this, but it's the only way I can save you," Enos cries as he sees the Inquisitor. Drawing his hammer, he incants a quick prayer to the Emperor as he advances on the floating Dukovich. "May the God-Emperor guide my hand toward the foes that I might rend him with my righteous indignation, breaking his bones, spilling his blood and piercing his flesh with my faith!"

Initiative: 1d10+4 12

Quick drawing Great Hammer, half moving toward Dukovich and invoking Wrath of the Righteous.

Wrath of the Righteous posted:

With this Talent the faithful and a number of allies up to his Fellowship bonus which can both see him and hear his voice are filled with the Emperor's wrath. This increases all damage inflicted in melee (i.e. with melee weapons or when fighting unarmed) by 1d5. In addition this Talent also increases the chances of Righteous Fury so that it occurs on a roll of 9 or 10 rather than just 10. Note however that this only affects the first damage roll to trigger Righteous Fury and not any subsequent damage rolls to determine its effects (i.e. the open ended damage rolls). This Talent can be combined with the Master Orator Talent to affect more allies.

Note that Zach has Master Orator, so this applies to everyone.

pre:
WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel
43   26   64   40   42   33   27   55   30
         (44)

Wounds: 18/18       Fate: 2/3
Armour: 8 All       Dodge 52

Aura of Faith - Nearby daemons must pass Warp Instability test or take damage
Combat Master - Cannot be outnumbered
Crushing Blow - +2 to melee damage
Disarm - As a full action, make an opposed WS test to disarm an opponent
Fearless - Immune to Fear and Pinning, must pass WP test to back down from a fight
Hard Target - Opponents take -10 to hit in ranged combat when running or charging
Hatred (Daemons) - +10 to WS tests against target
Into the Jaws of Hell - Minions are immune to Fear and Pinning
Iron Jaw - Pass T test to ignore Stunned
Strong Minded - Reroll failed WP tests against psy powers
Swift Attack - Make two melee attacks per turn
True Grit - Halve critical damage

Stub Revolver   30m    S/-/-  1d10+3I   Pen.0  6/6  2Full  Reliable
Great Hammer    Melee         1d10+12R  Pen.2              Unwieldly, Sanctified, Best Craftsmanship 
Stake-Crossbow  40m    S/–/–  1d10+4R   Pen.3  5/5  2Full  Sanctified, Special*
Bolt Pistol     30m    S/2/–  1d10+6X   Pen.4  6/6  Full
Power Stake     Melee         1d10+15E  Pen.5              Power Field, Unbalanced, Sanctified

*Tearing effect against targets with Psy Rating or Sorcery. If 6+ Damage dealt after Armour and Toughness, 
bolt becomes embedded. Removing the bolt deals 1d5 Damage ignoring Armour and Toughness Bonus.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Joseph turns as Julio addresses him, his eyebrow raising. "Huh. So the wizard had some friends with 'im, then, did he now? Well, you're too late! Without a bloody psyker, there's nothin' you lot can do!" He throws his head back to laugh manically, but his eyes bulge out of his head in shock as Polonia uses her powers, toppling a support pillar onto him. He screams out in frustration and rage as the ceiling lands on him, burying him in hundreds of pounds of debris. For a moment, the only noise in the air is the crackling of energy and cries of Dukovich, punctuated by the pitter patter of debris.

Davith can only recall a family by the surname Alexander from their current system, but the majority had died during the exterminatus; there was only one who possibly survived, but he found himself lost to the warp centuries ago. As he ponders this, a hand shoots up from the pile of debris, clutching desperately at the freedom beyond. Joseph pulls him free, his head hanging limply to one side on a broken neck from which blood pours and bone is visible; his other extremities are just as damaged, shattered bone and viscera visible everywhere on him. The man's abdomen has burst, and he screams incoherently as he flexes a broken hand at the acolytes.

"You fools! I wont let you ruin this! I won't let this Empire stand for another day! I will kill every last one of you!" The voice rings out amidst the gurgling cries and grunts of the mangled body, and to the horror of all, the man's wounds slowly begin to knit; his entrails slurp noisily back into his body, and sinew creaks and bone snaps as his body rights itself. After a mere minute, Joseph Alexander stands whole, his skin pallid and sunken, rotted teeth bared over diseased gums.

Whether it be out of fear, urgency, or duty, the acolytes act as one now. Julio, Davith, and Loire bring their weapons to bear, riddling the man with a salvo of every form of weaponized technology available to the Imperium. A massive chunk of the man's skull vanishes from Loire's high caliber slugthrower, and holes are seared into his chest and throat by Davith's laser weapons. Julio follows up by blowing the man's arm off at the shoulder, and Joseph staggers back, remaining eye staring blankly forward. Something still animates his body, and he takes a plodding step forward, his skull beginning to slowly reform.

Following the salvo, Valencia and Zachariah stagger their charge, the tech-priest slicing the regrowing arm from the man's body at its stump, and burying her other blade through his gut, disembowling him from the gut down. She lunges aside as Zachariah steps up, bringing his hammer around in a mighty swing, caving in Alexander's chest and sending his limp body flying.

Joseph tumbles head over heels and lands face down in a heap. His body bulges and convulses oddly, his skin rippling and straining against what seems to be taloned hands. There is more to Alexander than meets the eye, and the acolytes have but a moment to prepare for the coming horror...

Everyone takes 2 corruption and 4 insanity, reduced as necessary by talents. You get two free rounds to reload, set up spells, or whatever.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Julio Kierkegaard XII

This was not how today was supposed to go. Not at all. But there was nowhere to run, so all he could do was get close enough that he couldn't miss and pray this thing wasn't actually immortal. Shuffling foward, he twists his left wrist and the hand splits apart, folding back with a clatter of machinery and revealing the burning blue-white glow of a plasma weapon concealed in his wrist. Julio points it at the writhing corpse in front of him, ready to fire as soon as it finishes... whatever it's doing. He glances back at the others with a rictus grin and bulging eyes.

"poo poo. Shiiiiiit. Pleasure loving working with you all. If there's anything I regret, it's that this thing is probably going to have plenty of time to play with us before they realize they need to launch the Exterminatus. What I'm saying is: save the last bullet for yourself."

Insanity's up to 12 so first things first:

Mental Trauma WP vs 47:17, no trauma this time.

Initiative: 9

I'll spend my first free turn to draw my Kronos and move to Point-Blank range, and I'll Delay on my second one. The second he stands up or otherwise becomes a valid combat target, Standard Attack with the Kronos at Maximal, TN 79 (49 +30 Point-Blank). Just wanna get off my one shot before he's buried in melee.

pre:
27   49   28   42   41   37   43   37   62

Wounds: 13/13       Fate: 1/1
Armour: 5 All (6 vs first hit in a round, doubled vs psychic attacks, counts as normal vs Warp Weapon quality.)
Force Field: 50 (Overloads on 1-10)
Dodge: 61(x2) TB: 4 (6 for Left Arm)

Ambidextrous - No offhand penalties, reduced two-weapon fighting penalty.
Catfall - Free Action Agi Test on a fall; reduce effective distance fallen by Agi bonus on a Success and again for every DoS.
Deadeye Shot - +10 to Called Shots.
Gunslinger - Reduced two-weapon fighting penalty when using pistols.
Hatred (Adeptus Mechanicus) - +10 WS against enemy organization.
Heightened Senses (Sight) - +10 to tests involving this sense.
Hip Shooting - Can make a single attack with a pistol while moving as a Full Action.
Independent Targeting - Can fire two guns at two different targets more than 10m apart.
Marksman - No range penalties.
Mighty Shot - Adds +2 to gun damage (already added below).
Nerves of Steel - Reroll tests to avoid or recover from Pinning.
Quick Draw - Ready anything as a free Action.
Rapid Reaction - When Surprised or otherwise ambushed, can test Agility to act as normal.
Rapid Reload - Halve all reload times, rounding down.
Sharpshooter - +10 to Called Shots.
Step Aside - Can make two Dodges per round.
Two-Weapon Wielder (Ballistic) - Fire two guns with separate tests as a Full Action.

2x Bolt Pistols
-Standard Shells (6 Clips)   30m    S/2/-  1d10+7X   Pen.4  8/8||6/8  Half  Reliable (GC), Tearing, RDLS, Fire Selector
-Inferno Shells (4 Clips)                                   7/8||8/8        As Standard but adds Flame, which forces +0 Agi to avoid being set on fire.
-Tempest Shells (3 Clips)                                   8/8||8/8        As Standard but changes damage to Energy, add Shock quality, +3 Dam and Pen to Machines.
Spectre Autogun              80m    S/3/10 1d10+5I   Pen.0   10/20    Half  Reliable (GC), Silencer, Fire Selector
-Manstopper Rounds (15 Clips)                        Pen.3   40/40          (2 Clips Loaded)
Spectre Shotgun
-Inferno Shells (4 Clips)    30m    S/-/-  1d10+6I   Pen.0    0/4     Full  Reliable (GC), Scatter, Flame
-Cryptus Shells (5 Clips)                                     4/4           Reliable (GC), Scatter, Special*
Kronos Plasma Pistol         30m    S/-/-  1d10+8E   Pen.6   10/10    1.5   Concealed Bionic (half-action to ready/un-ready, never jams or overheats, hidden in left arm/hand)
Kronos (Maximal)                           2d10+12E  Pen.8                  5x Ammo Consumption, Recharge (2 Rounds), (6 Clips)

*Gains the Vicious quality against daemons, warp creatures, or anything with a Psy Rating. Those targets, if damaged by the attack,
must also test Toughness +0 or be blinded for 1d5 rounds. This weapon's damage is also considered Sanctified/Holy.

Wargear: Cameleoline Cloak, Recoil Glove,, Cybernetic Left Arm (GC)
         Magistratum Carapace (Respirator (Can be used as a Gas Mask or Rebreather, armor counts as a sealed environment when using the Rebreather), Micro-bead, Photo-visor)

Bonuses/Penalties of Note: +20 to any test to resist direct psychic/warp abilities, -10 WP against mind control and interrogation

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Polonia Samsara

No matter how much of it you see, the blasphemy of the warp never seems to get easier to behold. Polonia thought it would, but no matter how tightly she grips her small transitor-tome, she can't focus her will properly. Not that it matters - the psykana know that true power comes through sacrifice of the self.

As the air briefly darkens and moss falls from nearby walls, the psyker grunts in pain while her flesh hardens and her perception expands. As she raises her weapon and prepares to charge, she responds to Julio, "Well, that's the job. Ten thrones that I live."

Insanity to 14, don't need to trauma test again until 20.

The Gish is real, time to pre-buff:
pre-daemon fight invocation v 96: 1d100 100 well it's good to get that out of the way
still have precision TK up, manifesting Flesh Like Iron to pretend I'm a space marine:
manifesting flesh like iron, 3 power dice: 3d10 20 20+8-4 = 26, and i will corpus conversion for another 6 for 32, giving 2 overbleeds for +4TB and -1AB
1 phenomena:1 phenomena: 1d100 28 it's briefly dark for the remainder of the round, doesn't matter
Then I'll manifest precognition w/ 3 power dice
precognition 3 power dice: 3d10 18 18+8-8 power, easily enough, gives me +10 to defensive stuff (parry is 96, dodge 53)
another 1 phenomena:
1 phenomena: 2#1d100 68 75 haha, gently caress that, this is why we use lucky
lucky reroll:
phenomena lucky reroll: 2#1d100 39 40 unnatural decay, whatever

Gonna charge this guy with my priceless heirloom force weapon and probably get shitcanned, and also I cannot manifest for poo poo now that I'm tied up with keeping the magic going.
daemon fight initiative: 1d10+2 12

pre:
Combat Block:
     [47 in PA]     

Wounds    : 13/15
Fate      : 1/3

Nandaka,
		       1d10+13 w/ precision TK
A ton of powers, PR6

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Zachariah

"Be ready," Zachariah growls, pulling out a length of wood that has been sharpened to a point. Silver runes have been inlaid into its surface, each connected in an intricate web of pentagrammatic wards. He twists a ring at the base of the stake and it hums into life, energies cracking along its length. "We need to take whatever this thing is down fast."

Don't really have much to do, I'll just charge as soon as I can.

pre:
         (44)

Fearless - Immune to Fear and Pinning, must pass WP test to back down from a fight
Hard Target - Opponents take -10 to hit in ranged combat when running or charging

Great Hammer    Melee         1d10+12R  Pen.2              Unwieldly, Sanctified, Best Craftsmanship 
Power Stake     Melee         1d10+15E  Pen.5              Power Field, Unbalanced, Sanctified

*Tearing effect against targets with Psy Rating or Sorcery. If 6+ Damage dealt after Armour and Toughness, 
bolt becomes embedded. Removing the bolt deals 1d5 Damage ignoring Armour and Toughness Bonus.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Justicar Loire Merovech

Don't be a daemon. Don't be a daemon. Don't be a daemon. Don't be a daemon. Don't be a daemon.
Loire's fingers shake and she nearly drops the bullet that she slides into the chamber before once again raising the rifle, and this time aiming much more carefully. There was a pretty good chance they'd only get one shot at this before it closed the distance and tore their intestines out.

When whatever it is pops up it's getting a big heaping helping of "gently caress you" to welcome it into this plane of existence.
Takin Aim: 1d100 26
Damage: 1d10+5 9

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 17, 2017

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Davith Waelon

Davith nods at Zachariah, "You're Thor damned right we do." Davith holsters one of his las pistols. He quickly reloads the other, and then draws one of the bolt pistols. Either brutality or efficient marksmanship would win this fight, if Davith could contribute at all.

ini for thing fight: 1d10+4 12

Going to keep one las pistol for the extra accurate damage, and bolt pistol for tearing.

Since I just unloaded the Laspistols reload one, draw a bolter, then full action aim and shoot a bolt pistol.

TN is 43+10(range I assume)+20(full aim)+10 (red dot sight)= 83
shoot Thing: 1d100 32 5 DoS

damage on thing: 2#1d10k1 10 9

So 15 damage plus potential RF

confirm crit tn 83: 1d100 64

RF extra damage: 1d10 10

ANOTHER 1D10!

yet more RF: 1d10 5

:siren:So 15+10+5=30 damage:siren:

pre:
Characteristics:
WS: 20
BS:  45
S:    24
T:    24
Ag:    43
Int:  56
Per:  41
WP:   37
Fel:  49

Wounds: 9/9
Fate Points: 3
Armor: Body/arms/legs: 5 Head:0

Skills:
dodge
Tech use +20
medicae

Talents:
ambidextrous
Pistol training (sp, las, bolt)
Sprint
quick draw
rapid reload 
step aside
Resistance (psychic powers)

Traits:
Charmed: when use fate point roll 1d10, on a 9 the fate point is not spent.
void accustomed: immune to space travel sickness. zero and low gravity are not difficult terrain

weapons:
2x common quality Mauler class bolt pistol w red dot sight
 rng: 30m RoF: s/3/- Dam:1d10+5X Pen:4 Clp 6/6 Rld:half Spcl: reliable, tearing

2x common quality Mark IV command Laspistol w/ red dot
Normal: rng: 70m RoF: s/2/- Dam:1d10+3E Pen:0 Clp 30/30 Rld:half Spcl: reliable, accurate
Hotshot:rng: 70m RoF: s/-/- Dam:1d10+4E Pen:4 Clp 1/1 Rld:half Spcl: reliable, accurate, tearing
ovrcrgeL rng: 70m RoF: s/2/- Dam:1d10+4E Pen:1 Clp 15/15 Rld:half Spcl: reliable, accurate 

Common quality Hell pistol: 
rng: 35m RoF: s/2/- Dam:1d10+4E Pen:7 Clp 39/40 Rld:full 
2x common quality encarmine pistols 
rng: 20m RoF: s/3/8 Dam:1d10+2I Pen:0 Clp 18/18 Rld:half 
man stprs: rng: 20m RoF: s/3/8 Dam:1d10+2E Pen:3 Clp 18/18 Rld:half 

Ripper Pistol
rng: 30m RoF: s/2/- Dam:1d10+1I Pen:7 Clp 8/8 Rld:half Spcl: tearing, Toxic

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia

Valencia presses a button, and her faceplate slides into position for full battle armor. "I concur." She waits for the thing to be done regenerating--it's clear it's not going to be hurt while transforming, but stays close, and lashes out as soon as she can!

Full sequence of three attacks (two weapons+swift)
vs 43: 1d100 85
vs 43: 1d100 73
vs 43: 1d100 1
Damage: Pen 7: 1d10+15 18
(I need more WS)

pre:
Characteristics: 
WS  43
BS  32
S     45
T     42
Ag    35
Int   46
Per   26
Wil   48
Fel   55

Wounds: 15/15
Fate: 3/3
Armor: 12 all

Skulls:
Dodge
Tech Use +20
Medicae +10

2x Power Swords (total 1d10+15 damage, pen 7, balanced, power field)

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
As everyone stands ready to face the threat, Alexander's back continues to stretch and distort, until finally two taloned hands punch through his skin and rip his torso clean in half, resulting in a spray of blood much larger than would be expected from a single human. From behind the red mist, two massive, feathered wings spread, and the shrill cry of some unholy bird fills the air. A staff manifests itself from nothingness and with a wave of the staff, the daemon dispels the cloud of blood.

For a moment, the raw stuff of chaos itself roils about where the daemon should be standing. Glimpses of innumerable futures and countless points in history flow around the being, showing all that has happened and could happen in the very spot it stands. Where its eyes should be glow the embers of what are immediately understood by those looking as the cores of dead planets, stripped indefinitely of life. Its beaked mouth spreads in an unnaturally toothy grin, revealing what seems to be an infinite number of razor sharp teeth. Zachariah stands defiantly before the daemon, unafraid for his faith in the Emperor, and making no attempt to make sense of the anathema to human life that lurks before him; to him, he simply sees the daemon as beastly birdman, no more and no less. A being that can be fought, and as such, can be killed.

Polonia, too, steels her mind with the mantras and lessons taught to her to stay her fear in the face of the unknown, but it is this dedication to ritual that lures her mind into attempting to comprehend the creature. For a fleeting moment, she sees her old instructor standing before her, twenty feet tall and ready to brand her over and over again, ready to test her faith in the Emperor against the powers that flow through her mind; the daemon's staff appears to her as the sanctioning brand that had at one point burned her flesh and sent jolts of lightning through her body, and part of her mind dredges up that ancient pain, sending a ripple against the bastion of sanity that keeps her together. This lasts but a moment, before she shakes the feeling off, viewing the creature as the bird-like beast it is.

Davith and Julio, however, do not fare as well. Whatever stands before them, they cannot fathom or comprehend; all they see and feel are an ancient being comprised solely of fear and hatred, an unknowable and unnatural force whose only goal in its infinite life is to destroy all of reality. And here they stand, wielding only pistols in the wake of a being that has consumed the essence of destroyed planets, who has lived for longer than mortal minds could ever understand, a nigh-invincible and immortal being whose talons are as large as their bodies. Fear overwhelms them, and the two collapse in unison, crumpling to the ground as their minds shut down to protect them from the full horrors of the daemon.

Valencia, being a mostly inorganic creature, does not feel fear in the face of the daemon. But her analytical mind gets ahead of her, and she tries to catalogue and understand the shifting flow of time and reality surrounding the creature; what organic parts of her brain remain feel the vestiges of sanity snap as her inorganic thought processing overheats in an attempt to grasp the creature's form. What looms before her in the fleeting moments before her mind comes around is a horrific amalgamation of man and machine, an unholy marriage of science and nature, bred solely to strip humanity of its advancements, a creature that hungers not just for the flesh of men, but for the cybernetics and bionics they hold as well; once she regains control of her senses, she sees the lord of change as he truly is.

Loire's occult training comes under a full test at the sight of the daemon, and she leaves no one wanting; she steels herself in the face of the threat from beyond, methodically reloading her rifle to keep her mind occupied as she was trained to do.

Finally, the beast settles into position, anchored fully to this world. It leans on its staff, cocking its bird-like head curiously at the acolytes. Silence fills the air, muffling even the exalted cries of Dukovich and the cracking of warp stuff through his body. Only the rustling of the daemon's feathers can be heard, and its form ripples and shudders as it chuckles. "You six challenge me? Five pitiful mortals, and one who could command in my army were it not for her ignorance?" The bird's tongue lolls out of its mouth as it laughs, a hideous sound that sends ripples across the pavement. "You must jest!" The daemon stands to its full height, all mirth fading from its visage. "You may know me for the short remainder of your existence as Sephronia. Perhaps you would prefer to wait for my ritual's end, and see for yourself the glory that I bring?"

Sephronia tilts its head again, and expecting no response in the positive, taps its staff against the ground thrice, reaching down to draw a wicked looking blade from the warp beyond. "So be it. I will sunder your minds from their physical anchors and show you the infinite stratagems planned for what you call 'reality.'"

Start combat from here. Sephronia's TB is 21 against all non-force, non-psychic, non-sanctified attacks; it's only 7 against those attacks. It is at +20 to be hit due to its size. Everyone suffers -20 to WP tests to its daemonic presence. Davith and Julio faint for one round.

Test for any trauma if you pass the threshold for it; Esser-Z will have only one trauma roll. Note you subtract your insanity points from the WP roll, and you ARE at a penalty due to the daemon.

Zachariah
Immune to fear.
Guah?! Resist vs 33 Int: 1d100 72
Zachariah shows ignorance is faith.

Polonia
Polonia Fear vs 46: 1d100 44
Polonia resists fear.
Guah?! Resist vs Int 51: 1d100 8
Polonia tries to comprehend Sephronia's form and suffers 6 insanity.

Davith
Davith Fear vs 7: 1d100 82
Davith Shock: 1d100+80 114
Faints for 1 round. Gains 4 insanity points. -10 to all tests until end of encounter.
Guah?! Resist vs 56 Int: 1d100 97
Davith doesn't try to think too hard about Sephronia's form before passing out.

Loire
Loire Fear vs 40: 1d100 4
Loire resists.
Guah?! Resist vs 61 Int: 1d100 78
Loire doesn't try to think too hard about Sephronia's form.

Valencia
Immune to fear.
Guah?! Resist vs 41 Int: 1d100 8
Valencia tries to make sense of Sephronia's form and suffers 18 insanity.

Julio
Julio Fear Test vs 7: 1d100 34
Julio Shock Results: 1d100+30 108
Faints for 1 round. Gains 1 insanity point. -10 to all tests until end of encounter.

Guah?! Resist vs 37 Int: 1d100 62
Julio resists the insanity of looking at Sephronia.

Faint Duration and Insanity Gained from Fear: 2#1d5 1 1 2#1d5 4 2
Insanity Gained from 'Guah?!': 2#2d10 6 18

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Polonia Samsara

Like fingers on a chalkboard, Polonia feels the swimming wrongness of the bird-creature's physical form sear into her neurons. She's probably going to need some time off after this, which Throne knows she won't get.

Besides, they'd never be so clumsy with the brand. It was mostly neural induction wires past your seventh year.

All of this runs through her mind as old, old mantras come to the fore: "Occidere, mendax! Occidere, invasorem! Occidere, inmundum!" Her precious blade flashes with psychic wrath, and all she can do is pray it's enough.

Polonia hits 20 IPs, so:
IP 20, trauma test +10 vs 76: 1d100 49, that's 76 without the -20 so I pass without picking up any interesting new twitches

I've got a big pile of powers going so no manifesting besides activating the force quality, which doesn't generate phenomena, but let's see if I hit first:

charge lord of change vs 106: 1d100 49
force weapon damage: 1d10+13 22
confirm righteous fury: 1d100 63
RF damage: 1d10 6
28 damage total

and if he doesn't do anything about that, activate force quality: 6d10 23 23+8-16 beats the threshold of 6, so:
force weapon opposed wp vs 46: 1d100 44 well, one DOS is something

powers for 7TB, parry 96.

pre:
Combat Block:
     [47 in PA]     

Wounds    : 13/15
Fate      : 1/3

Nandaka,
		       1d10+13 w/ precision TK
A ton of powers, PR6

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 22, 2017

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Zachariah

"I'm gonna beat the poo poo outta you!" the old priest yells as he launches himself at the bird-daemon. Guided by the Emperor Himself, Zachariah plunges his stake into Sephronia's leg, laughing exultantly as the daemonic flesh bubbles and smokes. "See, friends? It can be wounded!"

Charge Sephronia vs 83: 1d100 17
Charge Sephronia damage: 1d10+15 18

18 - 7TB = 11 damage

pre:
         (44)

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Feb 22, 2017

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Davith Waelon

Davith crumples on the ground like a sack of damp rags, his noodle body preventing him from smacking his head hard. Maybe things will be better once he wakes, maybe not. Maybe he should stay asleep and let the others handle things?

Insanity still below 10 no disorders. Quoting my combat rolls since before the surprise bullshit so hopefully I can still benefit from that one in a million RF.

If dyne rules I don't then I'm staying fainted for the rest of the encounter. The only way I could MAYBE overcome that TB is using the command pistol and getting lucky with accurate, and really I don't give enough of a poo poo to participate in this combat and try.

Going to keep one las pistol for the extra accurate damage, and bolt pistol for tearing.

Since I just unloaded the Laspistols reload one, draw a bolter, then full action aim and shoot a bolt pistol.

TN is 43+10(range I assume)+20(full aim)+10 (red dot sight)= 83
shoot Thing: 1d100 32 5 DoS

damage on thing: 2#1d10k1 10 9

So 15 damage plus potential RF

confirm crit tn 83: 1d100 64

RF extra damage: 1d10 10

ANOTHER 1D10!

yet more RF: 1d10 5

:siren:So 15+10+5=30 damage:siren:

pre:
Characteristics:
WS: 20
BS:  45
S:    24
T:    24
Ag:    43
Int:  56
Per:  41
WP:   37
Fel:  49

Wounds: 9/9
Fate Points: 3
Armor: Body/arms/legs: 5 Head:0

Skills:
dodge
Tech use +20
medicae

Talents:
ambidextrous
Pistol training (sp, las, bolt)
Sprint
quick draw
rapid reload 
step aside
Resistance (psychic powers)

Traits:
Charmed: when use fate point roll 1d10, on a 9 the fate point is not spent.
void accustomed: immune to space travel sickness. zero and low gravity are not difficult terrain

weapons:
2x common quality Mauler class bolt pistol w red dot sight
 rng: 30m RoF: s/3/- Dam:1d10+5X Pen:4 Clp 6/6 Rld:half Spcl: reliable, tearing

2x common quality Mark IV command Laspistol w/ red dot
Normal: rng: 70m RoF: s/2/- Dam:1d10+3E Pen:0 Clp 30/30 Rld:half Spcl: reliable, accurate
Hotshot:rng: 70m RoF: s/-/- Dam:1d10+4E Pen:4 Clp 1/1 Rld:half Spcl: reliable, accurate, tearing
ovrcrgeL rng: 70m RoF: s/2/- Dam:1d10+4E Pen:1 Clp 15/15 Rld:half Spcl: reliable, accurate 

Common quality Hell pistol: 
rng: 35m RoF: s/2/- Dam:1d10+4E Pen:7 Clp 39/40 Rld:full 
2x common quality encarmine pistols 
rng: 20m RoF: s/3/8 Dam:1d10+2I Pen:0 Clp 18/18 Rld:half 
man stprs: rng: 20m RoF: s/3/8 Dam:1d10+2E Pen:3 Clp 18/18 Rld:half 

Ripper Pistol
rng: 30m RoF: s/2/- Dam:1d10+1I Pen:7 Clp 8/8 Rld:half Spcl: tearing, Toxic

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Don't forget Zachariah's Wrath of the Righteous faith power is in effect - RF is activated on 9 or 10.

Also,

all attacks are Sanctified! :toot:

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Confirming that this is true. I thought there was a power that would sanctify attacks but APPARENTLY NOT, GOOD JOB DARK HERESY 1.0

I'd balanced this encounter around you guys being able to use sanctified weapons, so yeah. He'll only have 7 TB to everyone who chooses to use that.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Julio Kierkegaard XII

For a moment, Julio was intimately aware that he's going to die, horribly. He was standing right next to a Greater Daemon. The Hexagrammatic Wards in his armor were burning bright and emitting a high-pitched shrieking just from being in this thing's presence. He doubted they were going to do much if it turned its attention his way. The blood rushes to his head and it all went dark.

Then he's laying on the ground with a pounding headache... and it's still towering over him. For the first time in his life, Julio can't find a curse vile enough to express his feelings on the situation.

Hey, what's the Lord of Change's fear rating? I gained insanity from failing the fear test, so I have to take warp shock corruption too.

pre:
27   49   28   42   41   37   43   37   62

Wounds: 13/13       Fate: 1/1
Armour: 5 All (6 vs first hit in a round, doubled vs psychic attacks, counts as normal vs Warp Weapon quality.)
Force Field: 50 (Overloads on 1-10)
Dodge: 61(x2) TB: 4 (6 for Left Arm)

Ambidextrous - No offhand penalties, reduced two-weapon fighting penalty.
Catfall - Free Action Agi Test on a fall; reduce effective distance fallen by Agi bonus on a Success and again for every DoS.
Deadeye Shot - +10 to Called Shots.
Gunslinger - Reduced two-weapon fighting penalty when using pistols.
Hatred (Adeptus Mechanicus) - +10 WS against enemy organization.
Heightened Senses (Sight) - +10 to tests involving this sense.
Hip Shooting - Can make a single attack with a pistol while moving as a Full Action.
Independent Targeting - Can fire two guns at two different targets more than 10m apart.
Marksman - No range penalties.
Mighty Shot - Adds +2 to gun damage (already added below).
Nerves of Steel - Reroll tests to avoid or recover from Pinning.
Quick Draw - Ready anything as a free Action.
Rapid Reaction - When Surprised or otherwise ambushed, can test Agility to act as normal.
Rapid Reload - Halve all reload times, rounding down.
Sharpshooter - +10 to Called Shots.
Step Aside - Can make two Dodges per round.
Two-Weapon Wielder (Ballistic) - Fire two guns with separate tests as a Full Action.

2x Bolt Pistols
-Standard Shells (6 Clips)   30m    S/2/-  1d10+7X   Pen.4  8/8||6/8  Half  Reliable (GC), Tearing, RDLS, Fire Selector
-Inferno Shells (4 Clips)                                   7/8||8/8        As Standard but adds Flame, which forces +0 Agi to avoid being set on fire.
-Tempest Shells (3 Clips)                                   8/8||8/8        As Standard but changes damage to Energy, add Shock quality, +3 Dam and Pen to Machines.
Spectre Autogun              80m    S/3/10 1d10+5I   Pen.0   10/20    Half  Reliable (GC), Silencer, Fire Selector
-Manstopper Rounds (15 Clips)                        Pen.3   40/40          (2 Clips Loaded)
Spectre Shotgun
-Inferno Shells (4 Clips)    30m    S/-/-  1d10+6I   Pen.0    0/4     Full  Reliable (GC), Scatter, Flame
-Cryptus Shells (5 Clips)                                     4/4           Reliable (GC), Scatter, Special*
Kronos Plasma Pistol         30m    S/-/-  1d10+8E   Pen.6   10/10    1.5   Concealed Bionic (half-action to ready/un-ready, never jams or overheats, hidden in left arm/hand)
Kronos (Maximal)                           2d10+12E  Pen.8                  5x Ammo Consumption, Recharge (2 Rounds), (6 Clips)

*Gains the Vicious quality against daemons, warp creatures, or anything with a Psy Rating. Those targets, if damaged by the attack,
must also test Toughness +0 or be blinded for 1d5 rounds. This weapon's damage is also considered Sanctified/Holy.

Wargear: Cameleoline Cloak, Recoil Glove,, Cybernetic Left Arm (GC)
         Magistratum Carapace (Respirator (Can be used as a Gas Mask or Rebreather, armor counts as a sealed environment when using the Rebreather), Micro-bead, Photo-visor)

Bonuses/Penalties of Note: +20 to any test to resist direct psychic/warp abilities, -10 WP against mind control and interrogation

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Fear 4

• Locked thread