Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
can confirm, rolled though a semitruck the other day crossing the street

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gaz2k21 posted:

A fun drill I've done a few times is to start in mount position with the person on top in big rear end boxing gloves going for relatively light ground and pound techniques whilst the person on the bottom attempts to escape, being punched changes everything when grappling...

we did this last night and its a real eye opener. you get so used to thinking bottom closed guard is a favorable position but that changes quickly when someone is punching you in the face

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Siivola posted:

Just lol if you don't buy all your clothes at https://www.justsaiyan.co

omg

time to power up for 20 mins before a roll

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

I just saw the most realistic portrayal of BJJ-for-self-defence that I've seen in a film: Green Room (2015). It's a thriller about nazi punks and it was very believable in every respect. If you've ever been at a punk or black metal show that skinheads have crashed, it feels so real. There's one character who trains a little bit and it becomes a plot point.

I thought it was an excellent movie, so I don't want to spoil it if you haven't seen it. I'll wait until a couple of you have seen it before discussing it. Warning: contains extremely gross/believable knife violence. It just got added to Australian Netflix.

Agreeing with this. Green Room was good and so was its portrait of BJJ. It also stars an evil Patrick Stewart which is funny to me for some reason. And ya its knife violence is pretty disturbing so be warned

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
i prefer decaf tai chi

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/dril/status/813966376327086080

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
this is still the proper way to do promotion pictures right

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I would totaly do MT if I were 10 years younger and didn't rely on my brains and hands for a living

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
instructor asked what we wanted to work on tonight and someone said x-guard. later when we were doing drills for it he put on some music and 3 different DMX songs played which im pretty sure is illegal

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
yes that was one of them

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
wow I thought 120/month in SF was bad

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Novum posted:

The most deadly martial art is bombing people with a drone strike

the equipment prices sucks tho

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
saturdays is self defense day at my bjj place and we almost always do pummeling (underhook and necktie) as a warm up

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tacos Al Pastor posted:

Got my Blue Belt.

Congrats! Welcome to the wonderful world of styling on white belts while still getting destroyed by everything above you.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
used to do judo in arizona and in the summer the gym would be 95f/35c. my gi would weigh twice as much at the end of the session

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
tbf gettin hit in the balls loving sucks

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
i wear a mouthguard when rolling :shrug:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mekchu posted:

Just don't compete if you don't feel comfortable doing so. That's my only applicable advice to this situation.

this is the correct advice

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
surprised this hasnt been posted here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oNB6tlSZ2A

playlist

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
belongs in the op imo

https://i.imgur.com/amb2LFU.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/_Savage__boi/status/1267434197381189635