Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
the day i was working as a diver on the byford dolphin and my spine got forcibly ejected from my body.

after a day like that i needed a stiff drink let me tell you pal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

JiveHonky posted:

the day i was working as a diver on the byford dolphin and my spine got forcibly ejected from my body.

after a day like that i needed a stiff drink let me tell you pal!

sounds like you could use a lamp friend!

The_end
May 17, 2014
When i was a paramedic. I stepped on a dead baby by accident while crawling around in a van that had rolled over.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
seeing a realtors gaped rear end in a top hat while fixing his laptop

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme
last night an elderly schizophrenic claimed he would "rape your boy hole" and then spat in my face. Not even close to be the worst though

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Jeff Sichoe posted:

seeing a realtors gaped rear end in a top hat while fixing his laptop

Kirk Johnson is a realtor now?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kirk johnson is dead, sadly.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Serious Frolicking posted:

kirk johnson is dead, sadly.

I refuse to believe this, how do you know this

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
whatever day it is when i am at work

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

folandi posted:

last night an elderly schizophrenic claimed he would "rape your boy hole" and then spat in my face. Not even close to be the worst though

This is the "YOUR WORST DAY OF WORK" thread, not the "Not even close to be the worst" day of work thread. :getout:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Chinatown posted:

whatever day it is when i am at work

Keebler Cookout
Aug 25, 2014

Drinking is important to my well being.
At my first job, a woman ran into the store crying that her husband is beating her, and she wants to get away but she needs to get to her car.

My boss decided to take action.. Instead of calling the police like a... normal person? She asked a "customer associate" (Me) to walk her to her house in the dark, while a violent man with a gun.. is searching for her. suffice to say. I don't work there anymore.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
Is better than my best day fishing?

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
When i started to care about being page 2 sniper 4 sure.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Heh. I wouln't know anything about that. Being in the lamp sales industry things are pretty great. Yep - i sure do love it .... a watt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anytime I had to dig up a corpse over 10 years old

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

OneOfUsStrangers
Sep 13, 2016

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

anytime I had to dig up a corpse over 10 years old

sounds fun... *shifting eyes*

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I've told this story here before:

I had a job as a pesticide applicator and had to drive a truck around the really nice areas of DC and Maryland, Its like a 12 hour day and I only had time for one break per day. So its the end of my 12-hour day and I'm heading back home, on my way I hit a curb and get a flat tire so I pull into one of these huuuge, seemingly endless rich neighborhoods. I decide to call the office because I have a flat tire and I have no idea what to do, as I'm calling the office I feel a huge fart coming on so I just blast away. The loving second my supervisor picks up the phone I fart and literally empty my stomach in a huge burst of diarrhea.

Now I'm trying to explain the situation to my supervisor while also covertly taking care of my rear end in a top hat, wet wipes aren't enough, I gotta lose the underwear. This is loving DC though, there's no privacy where I am, just endless rows of super rich houses, I'm frantically running down this neighborhood trying to find somewhere to strip down and lose my underwear, all the while my supervisor is walking me through how to replace the flat tire and I'm playing along as if I'm working on the car. Eventually I'm like, gently caress it, I just go into the driveway between 2 empty-looking houses and tell the supervisor I'll call him back, quickly strip down and throw my poo poo-filled underwear into some bushes and wipe my rear end clean as fast as possible.

I don't think anyone saw me but when I get back to the truck to look for the spare tire there's no tire there, so I have to call my supervisor again and tell him there's no tire and he's yelling at me, "Why the gently caress didn't you tell me that earlier? I just walked you through all the steps" and I honestly have no idea what I said at that point but he was like, gently caress it, he sends someone to pick me up. The first thing the guy says who picks me up is "Heeeeyyy man did you poo poo your pants?", I deny it but he's like "Well you smell like poo poo but your pants are fine so w/e".

and uhh, yeah, that was the shittiest work day, literally.

Through The Decade
Mar 3, 2010

BANANA?!?!?

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

22 hours, no breaks, no lunch, when the previous day was ~16. the following day i just swam in a pool while getting paid so that day was better

worst week was ~90-96 hours

A/V , '''''''''''nuuuuuuufffffffffff saaaaid

Yeah boi I just quit that poo poo like 2 weeks ago because there's nothing worse than breaking the 90 hour mark and not being sure the end is in sight, now i work from home so my worst days will be the ones i have to slam the curtains shut because seeing the miserable people start the slow crawl to work might bum me out

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Every day is worse than the last.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Gamer With Dignity posted:

beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

personable decorum posted:

beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It's actually the only universal constant.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
When I lived in Northern California, I worked at one of those bottle and can recycling stops where people would get their deposits back on their empties. I'd (alone) set it up in the morning with special barrels for customers to fill that our scale was tared for and payout by weight. One morning at open I had a customer get angry enough to put me in the ER because he thought I was helping a customer that showed up after him because I was racist, and not because the other guy had his one barrel ready for me before the first guy was ready with his four. So that was a fun day.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Choco1980 posted:

When I lived in Northern California, I worked at one of those bottle and can recycling stops where people would get their deposits back on their empties. I'd (alone) set it up in the morning with special barrels for customers to fill that our scale was tared for and payout by weight. One morning at open I had a customer get angry enough to put me in the ER because he thought I was helping a customer that showed up after him because I was racist, and not because the other guy had his one barrel ready for me before the first guy was ready with his four. So that was a fun day.

Within a month of working for the cemetery I had to dig into her grave, then pull her up, so she could be intered in a new Building
Her Daughter bought it

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Gamer With Dignity posted:

What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Can you have more than one worst day? I've had some doozies.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Applewhite posted:

Can you have more than one worst day? I've had some doozies.

Not as a lamp salesman my worst day of work so far included ALOT of free icecream the only bad thing about it was ! WOAH i couldnt take it all home with me.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
one of the new hires is a tweaker/pathological liar who hasnt been fired yet despite their best efforts, like soliciting multiple employees for meth and telling everyone how to do their job while being loving terrible at their own

tomorrow is gonna be a fun shift op

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
the lies include such gems as being an acquaintance with a death row inmate who was sentenced bc he's poor and black and not bc he killed two people in a coke deal

also has multiple $2000 bottles of wine laying around waiting to be given away bc they quit drinking, they will proudly talk about how they are 10 days sober then the next shift it will be 6, then 8, then back up to 10

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Was working dishpit tonight and on my way to bus tables I almost wrecked an old lady with a heavy tub of dishes as she was hobbling weakly out of the restroom.
I said 'I'm sorry!' and she responded 'Me too.'
She had poo poo everywhere in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin
Second year of residency, I'm one of the night cover residents and a patient codes (cardiac arrest). By the time I get to the room, a couple other residents are there and have already started CPR. There's not enough IV access so I start trying to place a central line in the femoral vein (the big vein in the leg). I'm a cocky little novice Doctor poo poo and I'm way too confident at making it through my first year and I'm moving way too loving fast hyped on adrenalin and my hand slips with a scalpel right as a vigorous chest compression shifts her an inch down in the bed. Instead of making a tiny nick in the skin, I plunge the blade in and lacerate the femoral artery. A wave of hot blood leaps from the cut. I try to hold pressure but the chest compressions are still going and my gloves are so slippery now and oh my loving god how can there be this much blood in this tiny withered husk of a woman. I finally manage to get pressure right when they get a pulse back which just takes away my last mental defense of "well at least she was already dead" and I just want to fall into a goddamn heap and puke but I can't because I have to hold pressure for another thirty goddamn minutes at minimum. She died for good later that night.

That night really sucked.

• Locked thread