Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

We are going to see zombie Trump next week, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I would say more likely zombie Obama or Bush.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

We are going to see zombie Trump next week, right?

We see him all the time.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Two hour season finale

Mt. Weather

Warren and the group must stop Zona from launching operation Black Rainbow to cleanse the landscape of zombies- and humans.

The Black Rainbow

The secret of Warren's Black Rainbow dream is unlocked when they reach their final destination.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Odds the finale pays off and redeems this season?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Boinks posted:

Odds the finale pays off and redeems this season?

I'll settle for a non-literal cliffhanger ending this time

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha FGOTUS

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Especially one they completely ignore the next season.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Was going to say that ending actually felt like a perfect series finale if it didn't get renewed. Then

https://twitter.com/znation/status/941881344262639616

See yall next year for the reset

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Oh thank Christ. I'm so looking forward to seeing Warren chilling at camp northern lights.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

Chris James 2 posted:

Was going to say that ending actually felt like a perfect series finale if it didn't get renewed. Then

https://twitter.com/znation/status/941881344262639616

See yall next year for the reset

Yeah I really thought that was it, it. Guess we get to see how they make things worse for everybody though. :drone:

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I don't really understand what Warren did at the end honestly, or why the current President had her thumbs cut off if she was working with them.. or why that guy didn't just let Warren do her thing initially.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

I’m triggered.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Akumos posted:

I don't really understand what Warren did at the end honestly, or why the current President had her thumbs cut off if she was working with them.. or why that guy didn't just let Warren do her thing initially.

She switched one of the canisters so it was only at half power. So the reset did happen, but at 50% power so expect poo poo to be only half hosed up.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
So, what, will everyone just turn into the Marked Men from Fallout New Vegas?

Because I'm down with that.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

TMMadman posted:

Haha FGOTUS

I'm just watching it now and that gender fakeout, the bloody nixon picture, the cryptozoology room, Johnson & Johnson... this thread's doom and gloom tone this season had me worried, so I'm pretty relieved they're renewed because ep. 12 has me laughing out loud regularly. This poo poo show is awesome and I don't care if I get resolution on whatever happened at the end of the last season, they can do whatever they want as long as they keep showing creative attempt and a sense of humor.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Transcribing since I'm taking the time to pause it and read it:

the Black Rainbow Video posted:

Unauthorized viewing of this copyrighted work is illegal and will be investigated by federal law enforcement agencies using any and all enhanced interrogation techniques including but limited to [sic] waterboarding, nudity, abdominal slap, facial squeezing, more nudity, dietary manipulation, attention grasp, cramped confinement, insult slap, tubthumping, extreme nudity, country line dancing, walling and water dousing. Unapproved viewing of the following classified material is punishable by prison, death or dismemberment at the discretion of the Commander-In-Chief

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Akumos posted:

She thought she was replacing the flesh eating bacteria with some kind of cure but the creepy guy actually had the "cure" (which made Murphy red instead of the old blue cure) so she swapped half of her bacteria out for it? Or something? Why the creepy Zona guy was going for a cure or why Teller set Warren out against the Founder in the first place is a giant mystery/lazy plot hole?

I can never really figure if Z-Nation's plot is incomprehensible or if I'm just not paying enough attention because I assume it makes no sense.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

What she did was kickin rad. The point was to be awesome.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Boris Galerkin posted:

I’m triggered.

ROFMAO my rear end off
Edit for actual content: Season felt off a bit. I didn’t hate it but didn’t love it as much as past seasons. The news ep was the strongest but I did enjoy the Sketcy and Skeezy hour. Zuggalo ep left me bored. hope the Sarge stays as she’s cool and I really liked Warren rocking the shield bit. Doc rules as always.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 17, 2017

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

STAC Goat posted:

... but the creepy guy actually had the "cure" (which made Murphy red instead of the old blue cure)
So The Murphy is The Saviour for Humanity again?

He's indestructible, isn't he?

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

spookygonk posted:

So The Murphy is The Saviour for Humanity again?

He's indestructible, isn't he?

I hope so. Murphy really hasn't had a role this season (none of them have, except Warren, I guess) and I always enjoyed him playing to his ego as the Saviour for Humanity.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Was the weird glasses guy shown to definitively be a part of Zona? I always thought he was, but now I can't recall if it was ever shown.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

JossiRossi posted:

Was the weird glasses guy shown to definitively be a part of Zona? I always thought he was, but now I can't recall if it was ever shown.

He was working with Zona soldiers with his mission at CNL.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Akumos posted:

Yeah, none of it made sense. It's even dumber that none of them considered that Warren was a manchurian candidate. Zona wants the reset, Warren is sent by Zona, duh. I'm into some jokey zombie tv like previous seasons but let the antics be the joke, not the plot.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

wormil posted:

Yeah, none of it made sense. It's even dumber that none of them considered that Warren was a manchurian candidate. Zona wants the reset, Warren is sent by Zona, duh. I'm into some jokey zombie tv like previous seasons but let the antics be the joke, not the plot.

I still don't even understand the scientist. We see him use the reset poo poo to melt a hand in like episode 1, so he's in with the reset. Then he's there at the drone and put the things in. Why even need Warren? They had two different pairs of canisters, so that, but I just.. don't understand..

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Good finale, I appreciate that it didn't end on a literal cliffhanger this time.

So I guess the Zona guy was trying to stop the reset all this time, and that's why he snipped off the President lady's thumbs (and why she let him)? Or am I bad at watching TV..?

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015

Marmaduke! posted:

Good finale, I appreciate that it didn't end on a literal cliffhanger this time.

So I guess the Zona guy was trying to stop the reset all this time, and that's why he snipped off the President lady's thumbs (and why she let him)? Or am I bad at watching TV..?

Yeah I think that was the deal, and Zona tricked Warren into believing she was trying to stop it rather than cause it.

It's basically the plot to Metal Gear Solid but with zombies.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ok did they ever find out why all those people disappeared? I don't remember it being brought up but it got really hard to pay attention for a while there this season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If they did I missed it.

The fact that they spent the first episode so focused on these characters disappearing and the question of "New Merica" and then never actually got around to addressing those things in the end really left a bad taste in my mouth about this season. I've never thought of Z Nation as a show where its writing or plot is a draw, but this season really felt sloppy as hell.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

That's the big hook for next season. I read somewhere that they wanted to fit it in but decided to let the current story breathe more and make wtf happened to the people the big story push for next year.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
After a mid season slump I thought the episodes from the Sketchy and Skeezy hour through to the end were a bit more like 'old' Z Nation in spirit. 'We interrupt this program' was decent too as a concept and was pretty well executed. The return to Mercy Labs was also one of my highlights, it was a nice recap of where the characters are emotionally, particularly 10k.

Warren is definitely the weakest part of this last season and I won't be too disappointed if she doesn't make it beyond the first episode of the next one.

It'd be good to see what's happened with Addy, there was some buildup but no payoff beyond 'welp, bye'.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

There were some highs (tv news ep, the last couple) and lows (zuggalos, Sketchy and Skeevey). Seeing them go do DC and explore the fall of the govt was a welcome change from TWD which wiill never go there.

I wonder if it's worth a rewatch to view the entire season from the perspective that Warren and her team are actually the bad guys and the wiredo with the glasses from Zona is the hero trying to stop them from ending the world?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It was a very odd tonal shift this season. I still like the show I just think it’s time to end it. It’s had a good run.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I mean you can pretend it ended and just not watch it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I could but I still like it, if I said I hated it then maybe that’s a reasonable response.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Let it not become the new Dexter

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I would love to know what happened behind the scenes to screw this season up so much. Maybe the budget was slashed to pay for killjoys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If next season's like this one I'm 100% onboard hoping it's the last

Dalael posted:

Let it not become the new Dexter

the real nightmare

• Locked thread