Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
My personal started getting calls from random numbers about an hour ago, I'm up to 36 missed calls so far. The other guys in the office are reporting similar. Did my Google Voice number get sold to ISIS or some poo poo??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
i have 2 missed calls. from your mom.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

ROFLburger posted:

savage

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

My phone blew up as well OP. Apparently it's a new feature to get you to buy a new phone. poo poo exploded right on my counter top.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
My Google Voice page is full of people 'calling me back' and asking who I am and why I'm calling them. This is legit weird... 6 more calls since I started typing this :(

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
try contacting your carrier idiot

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Dunno how else to say this... I blowed up my phone I think :(

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
My phone is blowin' up on the reg, son.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

not yet, but I have a Note 7 that I guess I still need to take in for recall?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
No, I don't use android :dukedoge:

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I actually buy phones I can afford to throw away or lose (discount flip phone clones), am I sick? Probably not.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm making a lot of new enemies this day:

quote:

Call me for what the f*** you. Call me before hanging up. What the f***.

quote:

Please STOP calling me. I am not interested in whatever you are selling.

quote:

Hey, don't call my f****** phone again. Thank you. Bye.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

You might want to check your number on 800notes and see if anyone is saying anything about it.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Takes No Damage posted:

maybe stop calling people op

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

flerp posted:

maybe stop calling people op

Harsh... but fair.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
That was happening to me a lot a few weeks ago. Thought it was weird.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i've been getting more unsolicited calls to my cell as of late but not like what you are describing OP

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Takes No Damage posted:

They are likely calling you from spoofed numbers, so you are basically texting random people lol

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Takes No Damage posted:

My Google Voice page is full of people 'calling me back' and asking who I am and why I'm calling them. This is legit weird... 6 more calls since I started typing this :(
Are you sure it isn't paranoid schizophrenia

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

jBrereton posted:

Are you sure it isn't paranoid schizophrenia

In the first or 69th degree, citizen? (this is not the police).

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

personable decorum posted:

In the first or 69th degree, citizen? (this is not the police).
*laughing to the voices in my head* the 420th

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

jBrereton posted:

*laughing to the voices in my head* the 420th

lel lawl 5'd

personable decorum fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 13, 2016

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
Text them back and offer to remove them from your list if they send you a picture of their dinner. Tell them you are very hungry.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

ROFLburger posted:

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
op, stop writing your phone number on gloryhole stall walls.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Keep calling people and posting them getting all fat, poor and mad in response.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

ROFLburger posted:

my goodness

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
Hmm, one of the widgets trying to show a Game of Thrones ad crashed a local build we were testing. Apparently in the Game of Thrones, you win or your phone dies.

also, only poor plebs use Android devices.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Sounds like a telemarketer/scammer is spoofing their number and using yours to do it

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

OP is a phone scammer committing interstate wire fraud and he's using this thread as a smokescreen to make himself look innocent.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Up to 65 GV messages, I'll post any good/mad ones when I get back to my cube.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
holy gently caress this thread sucks

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking
I'm so happy my phone never rings. I sometimes wonder why I even have it....

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
well, it looks like someone already pwned you, someone already took your words literally, someone already explained telemarketer spoofing...

i, uh, hmm. if you give me your number ill send you a nice message, how about that?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

No. So lonely. :(

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Why worry OP, you'll take no damage

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I need to look into getting some of those third party/international call blocks for my phone so I don't accidentally get swindled.

KifygmySkulltulas
Sep 13, 2016

by Smythe

Volcott posted:

I need to look into getting some of those third party/international call blocks for my phone so I don't accidentally get swindled.

So cool, one thing I really enjoy using in a similar strain of 3rd party add-ons, is https://www.grammarly.com/‎. It connects you to real live editors that will proof and offer suggestions for your writing and is well worth the annual subscription. The software correction is spot on too and should really be embedded in Windows 10. Grammarly is so good it should be put in all computers, government software, a standardized technology.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

KifygmySkulltulas posted:

So cool, one thing I really enjoy using in a similar strain of 3rd party add-ons, is https://www.grammarly.com/‎. It connects you to real live editors that will proof and offer suggestions for your writing and is well worth the annual subscription. The software correction is spot on too and should really be embedded in Windows 10. Grammarly is so good it should be put in all computers, government software, a standardized technology.

suck the poo poo out of my balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
93 new voice messages 115 total this afternoon. It will be an interesting afternoon when I finally sit down and listen to them all, at least it seems to be slowing down now.

quote:

Yes, somebody just call me from this number and after I told them to stop calling me because he kept having the wrong number. Please like it. If somebody could take this number off your all's mailing list cuz the person you're trying to get a hold of no longer has this number, and I've had this phone number for 7 years. Thank you.

quote:

Yes, you called my home. I don't know who you are. I have the name that comes up as adams and I have no idea what you are.

quote:

Who is this

quote:

You know it's rude to call somebody and hang up on him. I'd like for somebody to call me back. This is diana ---- my phone number is 913 --- ----. Thank you. Bye.

quote:

What is this

quote:

Yes, this is Julie ----. I just received a call in regards to Wyndham, and I wanted to say that we did. We were told that we would get some free shows in Branson and stay at the Windham. And they took $200 out of our credit card, but we never buy need further information. And I don't know if this is what you were talking about or not, but if you could please call me back at 319 --- ----. Thank you.
Looks like I'm not the only one getting scammed :downs:

quote:

Who's this ?

quote:

Who dis

quote:

It's your mamma. What are you up Mike?
My name isn't even Mike...

quote:

Not sure why you're calling me.

quote:

My number is 229 --- ---- please do not call me again. Thank you.
Let's say I really was a telemarketer, why would this ever work?

quote:

Hi, Mark, it's Mom. You must have called me, and I didn't get to the phone in time so call me back. Bye.
This one is from Alabama, not my momma.

quote:

This is an cold coffee. Call me back again.
'Cold call' is probably what he said.

quote:

Can't talk right now...what's up?
Wait, what?

quote:

Call me back (HEAVY)
What are you trying to tell me with that parenthetical Google Voice Voicemail Transcription Robot TM

quote:

You called me. I'm returning the call. What do you want?

quote:

I don't know who's calling. You have to call back and let me know bye.

quote:

You called me. I don't know what you want.

quote:

Hi, this is Michael. I just got a call from this number. I don't appreciate that you hung up on me without giving me a okay or consideration that okay. I will take you off. The do not call list so I do not appreciate that so the next time you call me. I will be wanting to talk to your supervisor, and I really appreciate it. Thank you. Bye. Bye.
Do people really believe the old 'let me talk to your supervisor' thing would work on scammy telemarketers?

quote:

Hello. Hello. Hello.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkfpi2H8tOE&t=83s

quote:

I don't know who you are. Why are you calling? My house? I mean my telephone number. I don't know who you are.

• Locked thread