Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I absolutely adore this game. The music, the characters, the gameplay, everything.

I hope you'll do the DLC as well, for shovelry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

One of my favorite details in the village is the fact that the music changes slightly depending on where you are. It's one of those little details that made me fall in love with the game.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Oh, so that's how you get those three gems. Huh.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Not to mention that the music is amazing. The game's main composer, Jake Kaufman, has the game's arranged OST up on his Bandcamp page, and it has this snappy EDM cover of the Lost City theme (don't go poking around there unless you want to be spoiled about the names of some later stages).

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I absolutely, positively cannot stand those Goku guys, and that room with the dropping anchors is, to me, one of the hardest rooms in the game.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Okay, unpopular opinion time: the Explodatorium is my least favorite stage in the game, I don't like the music, and Plague Knight himself is a huge pain in the rear end to fight. It's the one part of the game that I dread when I replay the game just because of how tedious it is.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I thought you were supposed to get the last music sheet by pogoing onto the large snow blocks and then jumping across.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Okay, so, the music in this stage isn't my favorite in the game, but it is the track that most impressed me in the game, specifically because the first part sounds like the music is being heard through a spinning fan. It's uncanny how I understood that instinctively the first time I played the stage.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

There's another neat trick with the Mobile Gear, but I'm going to hold off on saying what it is because I think Kaubocks wants to show it off himself.

The Mecha fight really is ridiculously easy; if you time your bounces right, you can maneuver around the right-firing shoulder missile and continue bouncing on Tinker Knight, such that you only have to see him charge once.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

The best and the worst Kickstarter bosses in one update. Phantom Stranger really rubs me the wrong way. The other two are okay, but Phantom Stranger is trying too hard to be the breakout, badass character in a game about a horned knight who hits stuff with a shovel.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I love this bit. The game isn't very wordy, but it has managed to both tell an interesting story and set up a twist near the end. You've seen all of three short scenes with Black Knight, and yet you've already been misled into thinking that he serves the Enchantress, when in reality he was protecting her from you independently of her, for reasons yet unclear.

The only thing I don't like is the music. Black Knight's first battle theme is my favorite track in the game and this one doesn't do it for me.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Oh man, so many things to love about this stage and the boss rematches. It really is an extremely fitting end to the rivalry between Shovel Knight and the Order of No Quarter.

One thing that really struck me is that the Order really takes their defeat in stride. Propeller Knight and Mole Knight even sound like they want to hang out with you! Sort of.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Aw, that last shot still gets to me...like, right here, you know?

Thanks for the LP!

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I've always assumed he's the Snape to Shield Knight's Lily Potter. Antagonistic, looks like a bad guy, but ultimately his heart is in the right place.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Yeah dude, if you need co-commentary I'm more than happy to lend a hand. Plague Knight's campaign is something else.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

The Shadow Trail doesn't show up in the video :-(

I had no idea that the Amiibo added so much functionality to the game! Once again Yacht Club Games impresses me with its dedication. I think it's cool that you can basically replicate Plague Knight's moveset with Shovel Knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

What a wonderful Let's Butt of Butt Butt. Thank you for recording these butts, and for the bonus butts as well. See you next butt.

• Locked thread