Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If you enlisted your job was like 99% garbageman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Fudge posted:

It's already stretching it to allow civilian police officers post in this forum

Maybe someone should open a thread for garbagemen and teamsters too

garbagemen atleast provide a useful public service

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Maybe we shouldn't be mad about person doing X job. At the end of the day people need to put food on their table and we still need a place to put criminals. The shittiness of the system itself is a different discussion and thankfully DND has a thread for that very discussion!

*takes off Mod Emeritus hat*

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Fudge posted:

This is a bad thread and you should feel bad about yourself

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Maybe we shouldn't be mad about person doing X job. At the end of the day people need to put food on their table and we still need a place to put criminals. The shittiness of the system itself is a different discussion and thankfully DND has a thread for that very discussion!

*takes off Mod Emeritus hat*

Yeah these troops put their uniforms on, pack their asses with contraband cellphones/heroin/pcp/pills and march to work to keep miscreants separated from society! I for one welcome the chance to discuss the most heinous stories emanating from one of the most shameful aspects of Justice in the United States.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 19, 2016

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Whip Slagcheek posted:

*posted from a jail where I'm booking someone for a minor offense*

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

drat, someone get the aloe for me because I'm burned.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
:smuggo:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
we're all garbagemen

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGDJJzWE3-I/

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

Fudge posted:

It's already stretching it to allow civilian police officers post in this forum

Maybe someone should open a thread for garbagemen and teamsters too

Thanks for ur service o7

Branis fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Sep 19, 2016

fluffykittys
Aug 22, 2016

I can't hear you over the sound of me licking my own anus.
I bitch a lot about the parts of my job that I hate, I make fun of the guys who act like morons.
Still, I take my job seriously. I work with a mixture of people, some of whom have done really awful things like raping their children, and others who are otherwise good people who did something stupid, and would actually be living a decent life if not for the failings in the justice system, like a guy who was 25 and developmentally disabled, and genuinely believed the 14 year old who he had sex with was an adult.
For all the garbage I say, I actually take my job seriously. I'm here to vent, because some of this poo poo fucks with my head, but it's not because I don't respect the individuals and human beings that I work with. For the ones who are actually decent people, I figure that if I can be a good role model and be supportive and encouraging to them, that has the potential to inspire these guys to want to succeed when they leave. For the ones that are terrible people, they still have basic human rights and feelings, and while they may deserve to be punished, that's not my place, and they still deserve basic human rights and respect. Prison is the punishment. Not me.
On the other hand, I also don't feel that it's my place to judge the people who work here and don't share that philosophy. Everyone has reasons for doing what they do, whether that is loving kids or smuggling drugs into prison, and I find the world is a more tolerable place if I meet people where they're at, rather than where I think they should be.

So, really, I'm looking for other people who work in corrections and have had hurtful, stressful experiences, and keep doing the work anyways, for whatever reason. Because I want people to relate to. I'm not here to glorify incompetence or hatred. And I'm not without ambivalence about the individuals under my watch.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
This thread is fine and I feel like it belongs here in GIP.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Corrections seems like it could be better than stirring burning poop in a drum, so I guess they fit in. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Throughout college I managed a blockbuster video & when I started in law enforcement I worked in the jail for like 18 months before getting through the academy and going out on the street.

Working in a prison was poo poo and I'd never do that again, but still better than retail :shrug:

• Locked thread