Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
having contacts sucks I know but I'm a big baby and keep backing off of lasik so here we are

but just lol if u have to do anything but toss your contacts every night and get new ones the next morning, it's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I only use contacts at the range, so dailies are great.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

It's... Tuesday... Should've sent... A poet

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe
Is Lasik/PRK the new dental plan? Because the dental plan was still dental plan, last time I checked and real vision was just bonus.

A laser correction can make your vision better than 20/20 permanently.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

LT56 posted:

Is Lasik/PRK the new dental plan? Because the dental plan was still dental plan, last time I checked and real vision was just bonus.

A laser correction can make your vision better than 20/20 permanently.

right I addressed this so maybe ur vision isn't v good, that's why I keep backing off of it, I worry about what might go wrong

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

The ones you put in your eyes and forget about for a month are way better. Minimises finger in eye time significantly. The only problem is I've completely lost sensation in my eyes and I have very long eyelashes, so every now and then I go fishing in my eye and find dozens of eyelashes all gunked up as if my eye was trying to digest them.

GhostFromTheHellz
Sep 13, 2016

by Smythe
Laser eye surgery has very few downsides if you get it done by someone reputable and experienced. You can always do one eye at a time ;)

I was lucky and went to these guys around my 21st birthday http://www.bochner.com/

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

What kind of retard wants to take out and throw out his contacts every night and have to put in a new pair every morning instead of sleep in them for a month at a time. Smdh over here you hosed up OP

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

just lmao if you don't have naturally perfect vision

soon your... kind... will be eliminated from the gene pool

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I buy quality contacts that last me at least a month. Every night I put them in hydrogen peroxide cleaner and every morning they are as fresh and functional as new. I'm sorry you have no sense of quality or efficiency, OP.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

GhostFromTheHellz posted:

You can always do one eye at a time ;)

yeah this is why I'm a big baby. I probably looked at this like 10 times over the years and was going for the expensive good places, then decided to do one eye at a time in case there was a gently caress up and then said why the gently caress am I doing this if I'm worried about a gently caress up

but brand new contacts every day fuckin owns

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Moon Atari posted:

The ones you put in your eyes and forget about for a month are way better. Minimises finger in eye time significantly. The only problem is I've completely lost sensation in my eyes and I have very long eyelashes, so every now and then I go fishing in my eye and find dozens of eyelashes all gunked up as if my eye was trying to digest them.

drat that is kinda gross

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

revmoo posted:

drat that is kinda gross

yeah how u argue for that over fresh contacts every day.... lol

Takane
Aug 24, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
i used to wear dailies and they owned its true OP, but I switched to glasses because i'm a big bitch. Lasik is what i want eventually though.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Glasses are cool and good!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Pawn 17 posted:

Glasses are cool and good!

Contacts are better. :colbert:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
what

the packaging for individual contacts is the worst thign ever 100% of teh tiem youll wind up wet and sad

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Putty posted:

wet and sad

don't dox my wife

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
or ur mom

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Contacts are better. :colbert:

Working eyes are best.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if by 'daily contact' you mean my habit of watching 'contact' starring jodie foster every day, then yes

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Wtf of course goons would rather wear contacts for a month instead of taking 30 seconds to take them out at night.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Never heard of daily contacts. Maybe they cost more. Seems more sterile

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Pookum posted:

Wtf of course goons would rather wear contacts for a month instead of taking 30 seconds to take them out at night.

yeah and?

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

I wear glasses so people think im smart

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

MrWillsauce posted:

I wear glasses so people think im smart

Same but transitional lenses and my trilby so people think I'm smart AND classy

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

yeah and my xckd shirt so if people recognize it i know they're not one of the dummies and we can hit it off right there. espcially if it was a girl who recognized it... :allears:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

ive been working from home so have not experienced any contact

at all

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
what do you got to look at thats so important anyways

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
:lol: if you actually throw away perfectly good contacts every day and buy more.

My contacts are supposed to be thrown away every two weeks. gently caress that poo poo. My optometrist makes enough loving money. I think I've been wearing the one in my right eye for six months and my left eye for over a year.

Buy a new $100 box of contacts every month? Yeah, suck my dick, Doc :gizz:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
On that note, an optometrist would probably know the best remedy for getting cum in his eyes.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I did Lasik and never regretted it, best surgery I ever had.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

fyi those contact websites say to put your doctor's name down so they can verify your prescription, but if they can't reach the doctor because it's a bad number or something they just send them anyway

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
yeah daily contacts do own. did you know you can just clean them like normal contacts and they last loving forever too. one box of those things can last me a year

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
im sure contacts are very nice but they are just not for me...imo nothing beats a spot on looking set of glasses esp if they naturally suit ur facial structure/hair/etc (and of course u actually require corrective lenses), i :love: my oliver peoples frames and wouldnt trade them for any other pair they are as much a part of me as my Casio F-91W

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

but contacts don't get wet when it rains

checkmate

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Contacts are great because 80% of all eyeglasses are owned by the same company and inflated to ridiculous prices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7H-_8UkmFU

It must be true, because a gay guy in a fauxhawk told me so.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
people with bad genetics ITT

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

people with bad genetics ITT

We're all descended from survivors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Are you all serious about reusing dailys? I just got contacts and these are expensive as gently caress.

• Locked thread