Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I just want another Warcraft RTS. gently caress WoW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Yes

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Where did the Orcs get all the giant-rear end tusks to build their tents? From all the mammoths roaming around the forests of Azeroth? What the gently caress.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Where did the Orcs get all the giant-rear end tusks to build their tents? From all the mammoths roaming around the forests of Azeroth? What the gently caress.

We both know its from the Tribal War.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

personable decorum posted:

We both know its from the Tribal War.

What?

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Hulu and netflix already have vr apps, but both are basically you watching a 2d screen in 3d.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i mean it was really bad, op, i don't disagree, but consider this:

thrall and orgrim were literally the most sympathetically human characters i've seen in, oh, say, 5 to 10.

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

u parrot dime shifting or wat bra

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

FuturePastNow posted:

i often think about how i want warcraft 4 even knowing it will probably be bad, and at the very minimum of things to gently caress up: you'll only get 1 campaign unless you buy 1 expansion per year for 3 years, and im even expecting them to sell custom kodo reskins and poo poo

still, i can hope they do what wouldve been a very easy task if they didn't change direction so heavily over the last ten years

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
starcraft 2 was warcraft 4 lol

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

extra stout posted:

i often think about how i want warcraft 4 even knowing it will probably be bad, and at the very minimum of things to gently caress up: you'll only get 1 campaign unless you buy 1 expansion per year for 3 years, and im even expecting them to sell custom kodo reskins and poo poo

still, i can hope they do what wouldve been a very easy task if they didn't change direction so heavily over the last ten years

i just wish u would post quality reading like

mah pp etc

btw have u read dare's manfiesto?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

FuturePastNow posted:

isn't that basically DOTA2? :v:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

FuturePastNow posted:

i don't have much hope for blizzard RTS after SC2. At least WC3 tried to do something new (unfortunately it ended up spawning the worst community imaginable)

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I don't get how anyone could be familiar with anything Blizzard made in the last ten years and think 'yes, I would like something like that but without the world class gameplay. Just the lovely bits.'

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe

lazorexplosion posted:

I don't get how anyone could be familiar with anything Blizzard made in the last ten years and think 'yes, I would like something like that but without the world class gameplay. Just the lovely bits.'

I heard awhile ago WOW was all about the team work raids and clan battles but I never made the hop over regrettably it took Sander "Vo0" Kaasjager inviting me to WOW it up to get me interested.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Applewhite posted:

theyre actually wood and rock, shaped to look like tusks, to be cool

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

All the money and work that gets spent on these and lol at how cheapass it still sometimes looks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htnkOpknGok&t=94s no shadows

Also for all that it the characters look really good in stills and the big-movement mocap looks great, the faces still look like rubber masks whenever they have to talk

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Sep 15, 2016

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe

Zzulu posted:

theyre actually wood and rock, shaped to look like tusks, to be cool

Lorne Campbell teach you this trick?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The RTS genre is incredibly dead, I'd be surprised if we ever got a Warcraft 4 instead of just World of Warcraft 2

Of course since it is a Blizzard game it'd still sell pretty well so who knows, maybe they'll release WC4 and use it as a leadup to WoW2 like they did with WC3 and WoW

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe
Hopefully the next wow poo poo gets ghost written by a ghost from the hellz

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

LT56 posted:

i just wish u would post quality reading like

mah pp etc

btw have u read dare's manfiesto?

i heard it was incoherent and not worth a read

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
It's best not to want things from Blizzard at this point.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

extra stout posted:

i heard it was incoherent and not worth a read

https://twitter.com/machiavellino does a better book review of it

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
The only thing Blizzard will do other than draw dust from the shriveled teats of WoW is to take a page from Sony and do lovely remakes of things like Warcraft 2.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The AI is being reprogrammed right in front of everyone and you are all blind Warcraft 2 is awesome Can't Wait Ethan!

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Guys guys guys guys....

What if we retooled an expansion from over 5 years ago so we wouldn't have to make up a plot?

Then made THAT into a movie?

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Bert Roberge posted:

Guys guys guys guys....

What if we retooled an expansion from over 5 years ago so we wouldn't have to make up a plot?

Then made THAT into a movie?

https://www.raspberrypi.org/ and wow

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

So I kind of understand why this bullshit is happening. You're not seeing the beginning of a bold new era of pro-China film, you're seeing the death scream of the industry.

The current movie industry can not die fast enough.

On another note: Is movie piracy in China a thing? Are the reactions of chinese rights holders as shrill and idiotic as in the west?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Last year Fantastic 4 was the worst. This year it was Batman Superman but Warcraft and Allegiant are pretty close. Terrible summer for films too

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Last year Fantastic 4 was the worst. This year it was Batman Superman but Warcraft and Allegiant are pretty close. Terrible summer for films too

Jib rap

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
They'd just invented the gun at the beginning of the movie but by the end the entire army has guns and knows how to use them? Also, it's really difficult to track the passage of time in the movie. Does it take place over a week? A month? A year?

We watched the second half last night and it was equally as bad as the first half.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Applewhite posted:

They'd just invented the gun at the beginning of the movie but by the end the entire army has guns and knows how to use them? Also, it's really difficult to track the passage of time in the movie. Does it take place over a week? A month? A year?

We watched the second half last night and it was equally as bad as the first half.

It wasn't dwarves only? Smdh.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Should have just made a film about Vol'jin and Malfurion smoking a bowl and going on adventures like finding that fish in a cave or whatever that easter egg in WC3 was.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Bimmi posted:

I still want Starcraft: Ghost :v:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Wicker Man posted:

The only thing Blizzard will do other than draw dust from the shriveled teats of WoW is to take a page from Sony and do lovely remakes of things like Warcraft 2.

Overwatch is fun, everyone says. I plan to buy it sometime in the next couple months and I haven't bought an FPS since...

...what, Deus Ex: Human Revolution? That can't be right.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Overwatch is fun, everyone says. I plan to buy it sometime in the next couple months and I haven't bought an FPS since...

...what, Deus Ex: Human Revolution? That can't be right.

I keep forgetting about that one. drat Overwatch.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Onkel Hedwig posted:

The current movie industry can not die fast enough.

On another note: Is movie piracy in China a thing? Are the reactions of chinese rights holders as shrill and idiotic as in the west?

I think a better question is, what is the Chinese version of somethingawful.com

Catpetter
Dec 12, 2004

Tell your god to ready for blood
Soiled Meat
i had to see this, cause i like griping with a film nerd friend. but i have a conscience so the ticket was for dory or something. suicide squad was "kubo" (which was actually ok).

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

FuturePastNow posted:

my gamecube is ready, i dust it weekly and the disc tray is left open

any day now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

FuturePastNow posted:

FuturePastNow posted:

Bimmi posted:

• Locked thread