Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
there is absolutely nothing a dog can give you that a cat can't except a pain in the rear end when you travel for work or vacation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I dunno I think the meat's a little gamier.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Bert Roberge posted:

I dunno I think the meat's a little gamier.

maybe idk I mean are u eating at red lobster?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
My room mate's dogs give me headaches, but their cats dont, so there's that?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Bismuth posted:

My room mate's dogs give me headaches, but their cats dont, so there's that?

well if a pet give u a headache u should consider catching some sort of buzz

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
then maybe you would enjoy life more

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

jackyl posted:

maybe idk I mean are u eating at red lobster?

Yeah it's Endless Pussy month so you know I'm there.

Because I'm a pussy.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

jackyl posted:

well if a pet give u a headache u should consider catching some sort of buzz

I catch all the buzzes i can afford

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

there is absolutely nothing a dog can give you that a cat can't except a pain in the rear end when you travel for work or vacation

a dog won't attack you for no reason

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

your cat hates you OP

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bert Roberge posted:

Yeah it's Endless Pussy month so you know I'm there.

Because I'm a pussy.

lol

Utterly Irrelephant
Sep 6, 2007
ive got a rocket in my pocket
cats are pretty great

Boomzilla
Dec 2, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

a dog won't attack you for no reason

Might. If it does and it isn't a little poo poo dog it will suck a lot more than a few scratches. Get a cat, have friends with friendly dogs you can visit

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i have to walk the dog. sometimes it eats a turd it sees and gets sick.

the cat shits in the box and covers it up. frankly it's more capable of taking care of itself than I am.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
i break out in bad hives around cats. which is a shame, i want a cat like that oh don piano cat tbqh

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
other people's good & well-trained dogs are really great. my sister's dog is super cool, her partner's dog is one of those big dogs that looks like a wolf and is tons of fun. another of my relatives' dogs was a standard poodle (now sadly deceased) that was smarter than many people I've known.

other people's cats are maybe chill and show up for pats, more likely are totally disinterested or hiding under the furniture when strange people are around.

other people's awful, untrained dogs are a blot on the lives of everyone around them; making GBS threads in our yards and the owner doesn't pick it up, barking at all hours, maybe even dangerously unhinged. there's nothing like seeing a dog and trying to judge friendly or threat based on a few seconds observation.

solution: kill all the bad dog owners. then dogs will be universally agreed to be better than cats.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

cats are great if you like assholes.

literally, if you like assholes

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Lets talk about the real best pets

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
i had 5 rats at once as pets they are cool/smart as gently caress and love cuddles

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

i had 5 rats at once as pets they are cool/smart as gently caress and love cuddles

Yeah they're like small little dogs that fetch and do tricks and come to their names but dont bark like motherfuckers when a moth farts

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
mine would follow me around and leap from the ottoman back to my lap like 2 ft away

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

my cat is an amazing friendly cat and is also incredibly beautiful, she makes the house look nicer just by being around. She is like a gorgeous cat food commercial looking cat who fits into my home's color scheme better than a dog could

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bismuth posted:

Lets talk about the real best pets

rats is cool as hell

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I whis I hada a rat buddie

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Goons love cats because you have to earn it's affection and put up with it making GBS threads on you it's entire life. It's more or less how a normal person treats a goon but they get to trap them in their house and make them partake in their goon weddings, lol.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I whis I hada a rat buddie

Get two at once, its not really extra work/space and they like company

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
rats: when you want a pet that you can have an emotional bond with almost like a cat or dog, but has the lifespan of a fish

personally I feel like I'm already well inured to the fact that everyone and everything I love will eventually die. I don't need a pet that will help drive that home every couple of years.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Klyith posted:

rats: when you want a pet that you can have an emotional bond with almost like a cat or dog, but has the lifespan of a fish

personally I feel like I'm already well inured to the fact that everyone and everything I love will eventually die. I don't need a pet that will help drive that home every couple of years.

Hey.

Goldfish can live for 20+ years.

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.
cats are assholes.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
One time my biggest fat rear end cat powerbombed my dad sitting in a chair right in the nuts from the top shelf. It was bad he was in a lot of pain that cat is fat as hell but still he found the humor in the situation.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Cats definitely have more hang time when you're skeet shooting.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
It's immoral to own dogs because they get incredibly bored and they have to be contained in a house or yard. Whereas you can let cats roam freely outside so that they don't get bored.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Cats are better because you can safely declaw them so they dont tear stuff up

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Cat people are depressing. They have to lock their pets indoors because at the first chance possible they would run away and never look back on their former hell.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Those mine sniffing rats are cool though.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
trust a goon to be backwards in opinions

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
When a dog likes you its because of instinct but when a cat likes you its because it has decided you're cool.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
ops probation is well deserved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0359hSerDeE

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I agree 1000% OP, my little sweet darling sweet baby is fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My cat meows too much and too loudly, pukes in like 6 spots instead of hairballing, has a messed up crumpled ear, and constantly is showing me her gross, slightly prolapsed butthole. She's a good cat :3:

• Locked thread