Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
wait, which took over the forum? Dash thread or Killzone? cause I'd argue neither took over anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Deformed Church posted:

Wasnt there a goon who did a review of his own let's play, and then a review of that review, up to like four or five levels deep? He name is on the tip of my tongue but I cant find the videos, can anyone help?

this reminds me, at the start of COVID i went into PMF to start journalling about my experience in Let's Play... so it's a bit of shameless selfpromotion but if anyone wants to see me ruminate on the LPs i've done, i'm going to start updating again because though i kept journalling i fell woefully behind in updating: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3922524&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post504673473

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Sally posted:

I vote:
- Untagged
- Solo VLP
- Group VLP
- Hybrid
- SSLP
- CYOA

I think the six is enough granularity. The untagged functions as the default and would be the equivalent to the "poo poo Post" tag... and presumably would apply to old tags.

VLPs are overwhelmingly predominant that I think it'a safe to differentiate betwee Solo and Group. SSLP is solo often enough that I argue there isn't enough of a demand to differentiate, especially as a Solo SSLP vs. Group SSLP are experienced largely the same as a reading experience as opposed to the differences inherent between solo or group VLPs. Hybrid, I hope, is self-explanatory. CYOA is common enough apart from SSLPs that they deserve their own, imo.

Though perhaps there could be enough granularity to add "Trad Game" for all board games and the like and a "Misc" for anything not fitting in a category.

Perhaps the "Untagged" cpuld just be a misc to cut down on tags.

at the risk of tripleposting, i also wanted to requote this.

anyone interested in making tags for these? we absolutely could add this to LP if we want. it was just done to QCS and A/T a d SA Mart already have it... we have the technology!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sally posted:

at the risk of tripleposting, i also wanted to requote this.

anyone interested in making tags for these? we absolutely could add this to LP if we want. it was just done to QCS and A/T a d SA Mart already have it... we have the technology!

Someone can probably do better but I hosed around in Photoshop for a bit and made this one:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'll try to fire up the ol' shop when I get home.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Sally posted:

this reminds me, at the start of COVID i went into PMF to start journalling about my experience in Let's Play... so it's a bit of shameless selfpromotion but if anyone wants to see me ruminate on the LPs i've done, i'm going to start updating again because though i kept journalling i fell woefully behind in updating: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3922524&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post504673473

Dude, why are you sorry for making people (including me) insert Dash into their fiction. Extended canon character who's no longer extended canon but then extended canon again but only maybe but has also been appropriated by SA Forums Poster Blind Sally in a world where Palpatine also exists but wears sunglasses has almost unlimited potential.

This also means that my feds are part of the Star Wars Extended Extended Alt Canon.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

:shrug:

e:

/ :v:

Comedy option: /

vilkacis fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 14, 2020

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

vilkacis posted:

:shrug:

e:

/ :v:

Comedy option: /

:drat: These whip rear end

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

:tipshat:

I figure the "untagged"... tag... should be fairly unobtrusive, maybe something like this?

Got stuck on "hybrid" one and ended up with something tacky.

Maybe i'll give it another shot later.

e:

Too specific for the cyoa? :j:

vilkacis fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 15, 2020

Frekkie Melody
Feb 8, 2020

Frekkie Melody fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 8, 2021

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Incoming test post for Some kind of thread title here - Let's Play MLB 07: The Show

quote:

Hello and welcome to this Let's Play of MLB 07: The Show. It is a baseball game for PS2 and is based on the 2007 season. It has someone from the Mets on the cover, so you know it's good!

Ah, but what is baseball, you might ask? For that, I heartily suggest reading the Let's Play of The Closer by TheMcD. He talks about baseball while following the adventures of one specific baseball player, Bobson Dugnutt, in his quest to win the World Series.

Ah, but why LP a baseball game from 2007? Because MLB 07: The Show featured the debut of a brand new game mode, called Road to the Show. In this mode, we can create a custom player and play an entire season - nay, an entire career! - strictly from the perspective of that player. Like The Closer, we will be only control one baseball player, on both offense and defense. He will go from a rookie in the minors to a major league all-star, maybe! Hopefully! Someday!

While I am allegedly proficient at this video game, I know less about baseball than other people. Fortunately, I will bring other people along, to helpfully fill the gaps in my knowledge with knowledge of their own. Or at least jokes at my expense.

Episode 1 featuring TheMcD and Danaru

Aside from lacking a title and anything special in the image header (I am not good at image editing software), I am mostly worried that the OP doesn't explain enough and the video might be too much. I am probably just too much inside my own head with this, so I would appreciate any constructive feedback. Thanks.

JohnnyBme
Aug 21, 2020
Well, this is my first ever LP and I have no clue what I'm doing and I'm just winging it. It would be just in videos but I think I'll post some screenshots and what I talked about in any given episode/my thoughts on the game so the thread would have more substance besides the videos. I am doing this for youtube, but at the same time I want the thread here to be good.
Anyways I'll start with a test here for the 1st episode before I open a thread (and record part 2).

----------
Thread title: Ori and the WIll of the Wisps - Better than Hollow Knight?

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is a sequel to the Blind Forest and a Metroidvania action game. It's looking like one of the better games of 2020.
I'll be playing through the game on hard, I don't really know what to talk about - so I'm switching between commentating on what happens in the game atm to random topics that come to my head.
I'm supplementing the video with a short summary of what I talked about, so there's no need to read everything if you're going to watch it and vice versa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7f4Y4OkmQ0
I talked about games in 2020, and how I think it's a decent year, with a lot of good games coming out, and how I think Doom Eternal is my GOTY.
I played till the first boss of the game - which was actually kinda bad.

To beat him only consists of going left and right, and getting one hit in, and playing on hard makes him more of a bullet sponge.
But besides the lovely boss the game looks like it's going to be a fun experience, and I like how you're fast and can wall jump early on in the game - compared to Hollow Knight which has a very slow start.

It's been fun to play and I'm getting the hang of it - English not being my first language is challenging and my pronunciation and accent are bad, but I'm sure it'll get better with more recordings.
I'm off to record and edit the 2nd episode, and I'll open a thread after that probably.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Hey, I need some quick feedback on reading speed.

The Hex, the game I'm planning to do next, has automatic text but without voices. Since I'm a quick reader, I'm not sure what call to make on which speed to use. So I made three sample videos of like 15 seconds each showcasing the lowest speeds:

Speed 3

Speed 2

Speed 1

What speed do you folks out there think would be best?

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 12, 2020

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I find speed 3 to be totally legible, and speed 1 is definitely slower than I'd like.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I think I like 2 best. 1's definitely too slow.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Slower the better imo. Speed 3 is fine on the longer lines but the shorter ones disappear too quickly for my liking, especially as a viewer who doesn't know what's coming and might have to re-read a line. Personally I'd go with 2, but I could definitely see the argument for 1.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

3's probably a little too fast, yeah. I would go with 2, it seems the closest to what I would be used to in this kind of game.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

I think the speed is not really important; it's more important to pause for a bit after the texts have fully appeared. Waiting a bit before advancing dialogue also gives slower readers some time to pause to read the texts. Of course, the texts will appear faster on Speed 3, so that's what I'd recommend.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

1234567890num posted:

I think the speed is not really important; it's more important to pause for a bit after the texts have fully appeared. Waiting a bit before advancing dialogue also gives slower readers some time to pause to read the texts. Of course, the texts will appear faster on Speed 3, so that's what I'd recommend.

I can't pause the text. That's the problem. It just goes without me having any say.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Oh, yeah, automatic texts. I'd use 3 myself but I think 2 is a safe middle choice. 1 is definitely too slow for me.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It'd be a better comparison if you were showing the same text at different speeds. I think I like speed 2 best for an LP.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

ultrafilter posted:

It'd be a better comparison if you were showing the same text at different speeds. I think I like speed 2 best for an LP.

I suppose I can do that.

Speed 3

Speed 2

Speed 1

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Speed 2 was a bit fast for me, but I could probably put up with it.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...
I've always taken the approach of advancing as fast as the typical person will be able to read. There is a pause button if people want more time.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Slower readers will get frustrated with the constant pausing/unpausing, so it's better to take the side of caution and risk going too slow than too fast.

I think rule of thumb is to be able to read the text twice before advancing. GMTK has a good video on making subtitles for game design that can be transferred to LP's and other such videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NGe4dzlukc&t=57s

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Just to note again, I have no ability to "advance the text" in this game. The game does it by itself. The only control I have is text speed.

If I wanted to allow the viewer to read the text twice, that would mean that I would literally have to pause the game every six lines and linger on the dialogue log until I read every line twice, which would be so flow-breaking I might as well trash the concept.

If I use speed 2, I would apparently be hindering multiple people from reading the text, but if I use speed 1, I'm aggravating several people by extending the length of each dialogue section by a solid amount of time. Either way, somebody's having problems.

Alternatively, I would have to trash the idea of making this video-based and going with a SSLP, which is suboptimal given the gameplay.

I did not think this would be such a conundrum.

EDIT: Alternatively alternatively, I might be mistaken when I say that I have no control over this beyond text speed. But if I do have that, I sure as gently caress don't know where to find it.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Sep 13, 2020

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Is this a game where the dialog and more video-heavy parts of the game are thoroughly segregated? If so, a hybrid LP might be the best approach. Screenshots for dialog, video for everything else.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Is this a game where the dialog and more video-heavy parts of the game are thoroughly segregated? If so, a hybrid LP might be the best approach. Screenshots for dialog, video for everything else.

No, that wouldn't really work with this game. Dialogue and gameplay are very much interwoven.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Hi all! So with permission from Sylphid (who LP'd Atelier Shallie back in 2015-2016), I've received permission to update his LP with new content from Atelier Shallie Plus/DX, the game's remaster. With that, the plan we decided on was for me to start LPing from Chapter 6 (or Chapter XIII in Sylphid's LP), as that's where the changes begin and DX begins to diverge from the base game.

Below is a tentative OP post...

Tentative OP posted:

How does it look through your eyes? Let’s Play Atelier Shallie DX

ORIGINAL AUTHOR’S NOTE FROM September 2020:

‘Sylphid’ posted:

As you may recall from years ago, I started and finished an LP of the PS3 version of Shallie. At the time this was the markedly inferior version of the game as Shallie+ had recently been released in Japan, which featured two new party members (protagonists from the prior games), new events, and some altered ones of pre-existing scenes related to them, some gameplay changes, and some new bosses. In addition, even though Solle and Escha were DLC in the original game, they are part of Shallie+ from the start and have more content related to them. Given the fact the game wasn’t available in English at the time I did the LP, I did my utmost to bring you the complete experience of the original game.

I stand by that work, but with the release of Shallie+ on the Vita as well as its home console availability on PSN/Nintendo Switch/PC as Atelier Shallie DX, Jerry Manderbilt, who recently did an LP of Atelier Lydie & Suelle, was kind enough to update the old LP with the new content. 

In terms of new content, everything before beating the Sand Dragon is virtually the same, which is why the slightly-remade LP starts from the beginning of Chapter 6. If there are any changes prior to that point, I am unaware. Once the plot shifts to the eastern continent, however, new scenes will begin to start happening and keep happening until nearly the very end of the game, including a really substantially different, and more satisfying, ending.

Well, the one change prior to the Sand Dragon starts at the title screen, as Shallie+, as well as every other Atelier in the + series (going back to Rorona, even though that was more a remake than a + version) has a costume feature, where you can customize most of the female characters in different outfits (and Logy in E&L+, the only customizable male character in either game), and give accessories to most characters, with some restrictions depending on the game. The Shallies in particular have costumes from Atelier Sophie, the next game in the series, based on the protagonists of that game. They look quite nice.

Once Jerry’s new content reaches the final chapter, and after Solle gives you the last free-roam task (defeat the final boss, basically), I’ll return with another note to go over a few more changes. Until then, please enjoy the substantially different Shallie.

So, with that…

With Sylphid’s blessing, and with the Dusk+ games having been ported to the Switch as the Dusk DX games, I’m launching this SSLP of Atelier Shallie DX to fill in on what he started. Shallie Plus/DX isn’t just a port of the original Shallie, but a veritable remaster. It goes out of its way to not just polish the original plot from Chapter 6 onward, but also to follow up on plot devices from Ayesha and Escha & Logy and close out some hanging threads throughout the Dusk trilogy that the base game only touched on—if even that. Among the fanbase, there was some dissatisfaction over Ayesha and Logy, said two protagonists from the prior Dusk games, being relegated to cameos at the very end of OG Shallie; as you can tell from the box art, that won’t be a problem with Shallie DX. In fact, it’s going to be one of the first things you see addressed in the very first DX update. Overall, Shallie Plus/DX is much more holistic than OG Shallie, and does a fantastic job tying it in with its two predecessors and linking Stellard with the rest of the Dusk world.

Okay, well, there’s a lot of old ground you’ll be retreading. How will you handle that?

I’ll be linking to the original updates from Sylphid’s LP in the Archive and make new DX updates to cover the new ground from Chapter XIII onward—this is the start of the changed material and new plotlines in Shallie DX. I’ll only include the changed material, as including everything from the original updates will cause me to run far afoul of SA’s 50,000 character limit for posts; for scenes that were left unchanged, I will include them at my discretion, and link to them if I don’t include them in the DX updates.

So as for spoilers…

It’s fair game to discuss anything that happened in the base version of the game, as it’s already on the Archive after all. Hell, I even encourage you to read Sylphid’s LP of OG Shallie in the Archives so you can see how Shallie Plus/DX improved on the base game. As for anything that got changed for Shallie DX, if you know, then wait until the LP gets there itself.

Updates

Chapter I: The Near Side of the Dusk Sea
Chapter II: The Calamitous Side of the Promised Meeting
Chapter III: The Dangerous Side of the Lush Archipelago
Chapter IV: The Vanished Side of the Past World
Chapter V: The Varied Side of the Converging Stories
Bonus Update 1

Chapter VI: The Financial Side of the Girls' Journeys
Chapter VII: The Unsure Side of the Twin Adventures
Chapter VIII: The Energetic Side of the Talented Girl
Chapter IX: The Final Side of the Separate Paths
Chapter X: The Resolute Side of the Desperate Battle
Bonus Update 2

Chapter XI: The Decisive Side of the Great Confrontation
Chapter XII: The Efficient Side of the Job Taking
Chapter XIII: The Mysterious Side of the Eastern Lands (DX)

Sylphid’s Atelier Dusk SSLPs

Atelier Ayesha
Atelier Escha & Logy
Atelier Shallie

... and here is my planned first update. Do these look good?

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 13, 2020

Brettbot
Sep 18, 2006

After All The Prosaic Waiting... The Sun Finally Crashes Into The Earth.
Edit: Already posted my LP here.

Brettbot fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Sep 28, 2020

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Hey, so I got another dumb idea, and I'm planning to do a Hearts of Iron 4 co-op LP where I teach Ibblebibble to play the game with my limited skills and ability, and we see where that brings us. However, since this is my first proper VLP project, there's a few growing pains going on, so I put together a five minute video from our "gently caress around and test our recording settings and HoI4 multiplayer" session with the basic formula in place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Ves5rEKWA

At this point, I have some basic questions:

- Does the footage look acceptable?
- Is there something hosed with the sound (note: I know that some sound effects are too loud and that there are possibly sound effects playing that don't match up with the visible footage, that's a fuckup I made and will fix - again, good thing I did this sample session)?
- I have our avatars in the bottom right corner to signify whose footage is on screen. Does that work for you viewers? There should be nothing important on screen there during gameplay.
- I have a fade cut at about 3:15 to signify that I cut something out. Is that visible enough, should I maybe make the cut clearer, or is that not a problem?
- Anything else noticeable that I should look into fixing?

I'm not planning on doing more complicated edits than what I have here. One of the two sets of footage is on screen, the avatar in the corner, and simple cuts to skip parts where nothing is happening. So this should cover what I'm planning.

EDIT: Oh, right, I forgot. I'm planning to add music in post as well. I just forgot in this sample.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 25, 2020

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Voices are way too quiet. It might be better to have each player avatar in opposing corners, but at the smaller size of the commander pictures? It's a little distracting having them be the biggest on screen element.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Voices are way too quiet. It might be better to have each player avatar in opposing corners, but at the smaller size of the commander pictures? It's a little distracting having them be the biggest on screen element.

I figured there was something with the voices. My headset mic does not seem to play nice with Audacity, so I have to do some post processing and I probably haven't done enough. I'll check that out again, redesign the avatar pictures a bit, and produce a short snippet of the first episode we've recorded today to show those two things off in their new forms.

Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT: Though I think I want to have the avatars in the bottom right corner.

The thing is that there's interesting information that shows up at the bottom left corner. The bottom right corner is usually free of anything due to the map mode buttons being there, and they don't give any information, really. Which is why I figured the avatars would be best there.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 26, 2020

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Alright, I went ahead and made the proper OP and the proper first episode now. Hopefully this isn't terribly crippled in some way I didn't notice.

Weebs At War: Let's Play Hearts of Iron 4!

What's all this then?

This is Hearts of Iron 4, a grand strategy game released in 2016 by Paradox Development Studio. It is currently the latest in that series, and has been continually developed and received new DLCs up to now, with more content still due to be released past the writing of this post.

So what's this game about?

Basically, this is a game all about World War 2. You pick a country and guide it from 1936 to 1948 (actual end date is flexible), making decisions, building nations and running wars along the way. If you've played other Paradox games, you have a basic idea of how this is going to go, though this game is more war-focused than, say, Crusader Kings 2 or such.

If you haven't played a Paradox game, basically imagine yourself in control of the major facets of a country. You decide which direction your politics take, build your cabinet, you construct your nation's industry, you decide what weapons you build and what kind of an army, navy and air force you set up with those weapons, you trade resources with other nations, build alliances, spy on each other, all sorts of stuff you need to do to run a successful nation. As such, there's a lot of stuff to learn with this game.

And what about the LP?

Well, as I said, there's a lot of stuff to learn with this game. Furthermore, this game has an interesting multiplayer function where multiple people can play the same nation, with changes any player makes instantly being visible to all players. With that in mind, I decided to combine those two factors to create this LP. As such, here's who's part of this LP.

First, we have myself, TheMcD. I have about 1000 hours in this game, though a good part of that was probably spent in observer mode watching games with different mods develop because that interests me. Still, I have a fair amount of experience in this game, even if there are some parts I really don't know how to work optimally. I can get through games and win wars. I will be taking the role of teacher in this LP.

And for our second participant, we have Ibblebibble. As he describes his experience with this game himself: "I last played the game on release, and then played Italy and lost to Greece." Ibble will be taking the role of student in this LP.

So together, we will be playing this game in co-op multiplayer and attempt to get through a vanilla Germany campaign (with some cosmetic mods) while I teach Ibble to play the way I play. From there, we see how things go. Things might go great! Things might not go great. Hopefully, it will be entertaining either way.

You said something about mods.

Yeah, I'm using a few minor graphical mods I like and one multiplayer utility mod. Here's the list of mods I'm using.

- Square Counters: Exactly what it says. Normally, counters that show units are rectangular in this game. But I come from HoI2, where counters were square. So I prefer it this way.
- Universal Colored Puppets: This colors puppet states the same color as their overlord. It makes maps look a bit nicer when you can tell at a glance that a country is just a puppet.
- WW's Map: This is just a map mod. I think it looks cleaner and nicer, so I use it.
- No Forced Pause / Slowdown For MP Lag: There's an automatic slowdown with speed when somebody lags behind in multiplayer. Since this is just two people playing co-op and we're probably going to be frequently pausing to go over stuff anyway, I figure it's easier to disable the automatic slowdown and keep us in control of the speed.

I don't think that's all the mods you're using.

No, those are all the mods. Everything else is completely normal vanilla HoI4. Don't question it.

Anything else?

One more important note. Do not treat this LP as a comprehensive tutorial! You will be sorely disappointed if you do that. This LP will teach you to play my way. That is not necessarily a good thing. It will probably be enough to play the game, find some success, and have fun. But people who know the game better will probably tear their hair out at some things I say. Please don't get mad. I'm just kinda dumb.

Vodkard
Oct 1, 2020
Hi, I'm starting a new Let's Play featuring my very own game I made on RPG Maker MV for the Switch. It's a ~5 hour game and I plan to do 30 minute videos a few times a week. I have the first episode up. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly in advance. And remember, be excellent to each other and party on dudes. Here's the link to the original thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3942467&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post508516884

Thanks again!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

drat, none of y'all are gonna help my dude here? Goddamn dead comedy forum. Alright.

So Vodkard I'd say what you should do is kind of organzie your OP a bit. Usually the format is something like

quote:

Let's play X

>some picture of game X

What is this?

X is a game about making pies and smashing demonic forces. X is a cool game that was developed by one dude.
If you have personal detail about the game, maybe put a brief blurb in its own section or two. And then maybe talk about how the LP will go and if you have anyone co-commenting or whatnot.
The trick is to not have super massive paragraphs, put lots of spacing, it makes your OP a lot more visually pleasing.

One last thing, how long is this game?

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...
I can add nothing here other than to say I agree with everything the previous poster said.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i'll add that if you're just starting out, there's nothing wrong with emulating other successful LPers until you find your rhythm and develop your own style. if you haven't, i recommend checking out the third post of the OP in the stickied LP Recommendation thread. there's a list of favourite recommendations you can skim and scan through to see how other people have presented their games. in particular, you'd probably be most interested in LPs of JRPGs...

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
Can anyone tell me what the average turnaround is for submitting an LP to the lparchive admin and getting the draft back?

I'm asking because I sent in my LP just over a week ago, received no reply as yet, and just realized that I'd forgotten to update my LP's status in the master list. I've since corrected that error, but I was wondering if maybe that was causing some sort of holdup, or if I'm just being overly anxious/impatient?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

OddHaberdasher posted:

Can anyone tell me what the average turnaround is for submitting an LP to the lparchive admin and getting the draft back?

I'm asking because I sent in my LP just over a week ago, received no reply as yet, and just realized that I'd forgotten to update my LP's status in the master list. I've since corrected that error, but I was wondering if maybe that was causing some sort of holdup, or if I'm just being overly anxious/impatient?

Baldurk just gets busy sometimes. It might take some time, but he'll get to your request eventually.