Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Temporary First post:

------------------------------

Awaiting input...

(Sandcastle note: Audience participation. Will wait a short, arbitrary amount of time to get in a few suggestions.)

Permanent First post:

God Eater 2: Rage Burst could be described as a Monster Hunter-like anime with something akin to a plot going on besides hunting down dinosaurs and other primal animals for parts to make better stuff. I have never played a MH game outside of a few hours on a PSP in ye olde days, so part of the appeal of this game was satisfying the curiosity of it being a similar game to MH as I, at the time, thought I would enjoy such a genre of game. I did, so here I am. :v:

The version I will be playing is a Console-to-PC port, specifically from the Playstation Vita, and Playstation 4. Astonishingly enough for such a game, it's a good port on the PC. It behaves itself when alt-tabbing, has configurable keymapping, and otherwise doesn't make my PC weep for mercy from horrible CTDs, memory leaks, or other strange issues that usually stem from console ports. Not to say that the game is perfect, however in my experience aside from multiplayer I have had little to no issues with the simple act of loading and playing the game. Although m+kb is an option, I will be playing with a 360 controller.

Speaking of Multiplayer, like Monster Hunter, this game also has small party multiplayer for up to 4 people. Unfortunately there is no hot drop in. Players can only join during the organization of the group. Before the most recent patch, there were some real strange frame rate issues with MP that had something to do with players' monitor's refresh rates or other quasi-mystical voodoo. Post-patch, most of the FPS issues have been resolved. Fellow God Eaters, located in the North America district, are welcome to join in on the non-story, free hunts.

Rules
-No spoilers of events, places, people, creatures, or "Other" terms not covered by the latest update.
-Don't be a creep. Yes, there will be some :catstare: + :japan: situations here. Most of which is in the form of fanservice-y clothing I will be avoiding and one particular NPC, and no, I'm not referring to the scantily clad catgirl analogue. This is a japanese anime game set in the future, you can probably make a bingo sheet out of the tropes that this, and a lot of other similar media share.
-That being said, the ESRB rating is Teen. Blood, Mild Language, Partial Nudity, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol and Tobacco, Violence. If your work would frown upon seeing the previously mentioned catgirl analogue smashing monsters with a giant gently caress off hammer, then you'd probably shouldn't watch these at work!
-Forum thread participation will be low, outside of organizing free missions. I will ultimately be in charge of the character's loadout aside from the initial weapon category choices due to how dramatic a properly set loadout will have an effect on a mission

Update list
(Sandcastle note: Part 0: Gameplay Test Video, will not be included in the LP. I am aware of the microphone issue and it will be addressed. Using this as a demo of the video fidelity. Most gameplay videos will be 10 minutes or less, rarely up to 20 minutes.)
Part 1
Part 2
etc

Second post:

(Sandcastle note: This part is hazy as I'm not entirely sure GE2 has a delete profile option, and there's only three profiles. I can replay missions and cinematics, however some of the finer points such as the audience's choice on the weapon category timing is a bit murky to my memory.)

First video: Splash screen + Opening animation cinematic

(Sandcastle note: Unrecorded Prologue video here, expect similar visual fidelity to the gameplay test video, sans microphone input, in these sorts of cutscenes. "Red Rain" & "Compatibility Test")

Audience participation: Weapon category choices, the basic capabilities of and diversity.

For the Sandcastle:

There will be NPCs talking to the PC. Some of which have drawn art, while the others (of varying importance to the game's plot) can only be seen via in-game 3D model. All of the 3D models will have similar lighting, however getting a clear view of the face will sometimes be difficult to acquire. which one should I use?

Examples to follow:

: I am a drawn test, 75 by 75 pixels. This is how my dialogue outside of cutscenes will look like; Ulvirich copying the lines here.

: I am a model test, 75 by 75 pixels. This is how my dialogue outside of cutscenes will look like; Ulvirich copying the lines here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU