Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
Hi I'm playing Dark Souls 3 with a fightstick. Here's a video: 3RD STRIKE

Please let me know about any video/audio quality issues or if I'm bad (i'm bad).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
I got a hot new video LP for ya

THE SWINDLE // A_steampunk_cybercrime_caper

Let me know if the audio/video is alright, if you please. And anyone watches long enough, tell me if there's anything you wish I explained more or think I missed.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
Hi friends I need some hot takes.

I'm going to be doing some videos on a very wordy game (Our Darker Purpose). Each boss (and most levels) have a blurb of lore associated with them, so I'm trying to decide if I should read it out during gameplay or just leave it all as supplementary reading.

Generally I hate when people read dialog in LPs, but on the other hand the lore itself is almost always buried in a sub-menu and not displayed directly on the screen for people to just read at the given time. Also it might help the atmosphere maybe? Who knows!

Here's a video where I read the stuff. Relevant points are the beginning, 6:50, 11:20, 19:18, and the end.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
I have here a vintage Renowned Explorers SSLP test post:

Renowned Explorers: Explo Fo Sho

I'd appreciate feedback about pretty much anything. How clear I was on the mechanics, if the screenshots are good, how bad the writing is, whatever.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

dscruffy1 posted:

I was kinda expecting to see a study token next to the discovery token when you did your breakdowns of those. Also the different emotions could maybe use a bit more elaboration. Otherwise it looks pretty solid.
I can add a little blurb on emotions. Didn't realize I missed study tokens, I'll have to fix that too. Thanks!

vilkacis posted:

Those pngs are huge. You definitely want to switch to jpg for anything that isn't a portrait or icon.

(They're also too wide for the archive, which has a limit of 900px, if you care.)
Yeah that sounds like a good idea. There's lots of tiny text on the screen so I'm worried people won't be able to read. Now that I compare them I don't think it's that bad though.

Big!
Slightly less big!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
I am currently working on an LP of Hades. Those of you who've played it probably know how bad of an idea that is, but the plan is this: Do video updates for first run and every 5th run or so, then do screenshots updates for the (significant) runs in-between. That plus editing some files to speed up progression should hopefully make this a manageable task.

Anyway here's the first episode:

- https://youtu.be/nJJt2zaWse4

And the following screenshot update:

- https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=157808

Any feedback would be appreciated.