Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Actually, I believe they may have been Pokemon LPs. There were a couple completed, but they weren't added for a while because there were too many of them on the archive.

Yeah, I think Chorocojo was required to remove one of his older LPs to get a newer one into the archive because there were just so many Pokemon LPs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Xander77 posted:

The Deadly Premonition LP has three types of dead videos to choose form.

They're all up on SGF's youtube channel, but the archived LP doesn't link to that.

No, but it does link to the Internet Archive, which has the videos too.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

He's still around. I assume he just hasn't been feeling up to doing an LP.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

I'm not part of it, but due to some event or another (I'm assuming harassment of some kind) they had to make the discord private. Not sure who you'd need to poke to get an invite, though.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Which is really odd, because the album version of that track is listed as totally fine as well.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Teledahn posted:

Did the forums default font/font size change past few days? Things look a little unfamiliar.

Yes/No. Yes it seems to have changed to be about 1 point larger for some people, but it wasn't an intentional change. I'm assuming something radium did is the cause.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

We've had TTRPG threads in the past, so you should be fine.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Also, what does it mean in this context that they released the claim? Did they back off once you filed the dispute? Do they face any repercussions for filing a false claim, or can they shotgun those all over youtube?

I'm not a lawyer so I might be completely wrong here, but as far as I'm aware you're supposed to get in trouble for false claims, but in order to get in trouble you have to be sued by someone you made a false claim against.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Might want to check the Co-commentation Station.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Jamesman posted:

Didn't we used to be able to collect archives for ourselves, thus allowing us to modify the content that got submitted so we could include extra stuff from the threads? What happened to change that?

Too many people couldn't be assed to follow directions and kept loving up the process.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Yes, that's what an embedded video looks like with embedding turned off.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Seconding the recommendation for irfanview.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, I can't think of any examples off the top of my head but I'm 100% sure we've had "worse" titles before that were fine.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

For the best example of this, I would like to direct everyone's attention to the saga of Matthewtheman:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749611

It starts boring but it's very important you read every single post

It's been a while, is that the fairy guy?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

PurpleXVI posted:

So, for my primarily image LP's, I started out doing .gifs, then swapped to .webp because it took 1/10th of the space of a .gif.

Now I'm being told that .webp's are, in fact, a terrible format, both technically and morally bankrupt. Is this just internet nerd madness or is there something to it and I should be using, I don't know, animated .png's instead?

As far as I'm aware, people don't like it because Google made it and kinda just forced it onto the internet and a lot of programs still haven't implemented support for it. Neither of which really matter for an LP, unless the person in question is trying to read it with an old or incredibly niche browser.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Fedule posted:

He deserved so, so much better than what he got. May he find it, and may he love that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

What are the odds this guy is another alt of dark id lol

Admins have confirmed they're not.