Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Pursus posted:

I usually do 25-30 minute videos, is that alright? If people want bigger chunks I can just upload two at a time or something.

20-30 minutes seems like a good run time. Any shorter and they don't often catch my interest, any longer and I probably don't want to finish unless it's top-tier.

quote:

When you say "reading dialog out loud" are you talking about reading text boxes (I do this), or actually talking over the VO (I never do this)? Are you saying that the SA style is just a lot less commentary so that people can watch the game unmolested, or are these guidelines more about just avoiding being a cringey nerd?

Most people frown on reading dialogue boxes. Some groups get away with it, some don't. Filling dead air would be going to dick jokes or what you ate for lunch as soon as you don't have anything else to say about the game at the moment. If you can sperg out and non-stop talk about the game, go ahead. If not, let the commentary chill for a bit.

quote:

I'd just post one of my other videos to see where you think I fall on these points, but I don't want to shill, maybe I'll just do the first video and mock up the OP in here and you guys can just tell me if I suck. If anyone really wants to look, my youtube and SA names are the same.

Post an old video, post a new mockup, get feedback. That's what the thread is for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Planning on showing off Kenshi.

Not sure about the audio quality overall. Seems decent on my end by my sound setup is jank. Too quiet, too loud, too much static? Can't really tell. Commentary too mumbly? I have to keep my mic gain low and boost the audio in editing to avoid picking up too much keyboard/mouse noises among other things so I'll take any advice anyone has - audio or otherwise.

It's here if anyone wants to take a look. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da_Kom8fWck

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Mega64 posted:

Seems fine to me at a brief listen but I'm also a bad judge of that sort of thing. Mainly wanted to quote this to make sure it doesn't get lost in the convo, especially since it was at the bottom of the page.

I liked the way you're introducing it though, the bit I played of Kenshi was a trip!

Thanks for checking it out.

With nothing egregious there on the technical side I should be ready to go.