Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

And we have become exceedingly bad at burning them down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I think it's missing a scenario (or two) to be complete.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

There are two things majorly wrong with facecams.
1. Its another layer of presentation and editing that you have to worry about getting right (and many people dont), and if you arent worrying about and putting it there for the sole sake of facecam why is it there in the first place.
2. It makes periods of dead air intensely awkward. Dead air is a perfectly acceptable thing to have, and not many people can carry a pokemon/RPG-esque VLP with full unbroken commentary throughout the entirety of the supposed hours of grinding and minutia while still keeping up the entertainment factor.
(And if you are holy poo poo stop doing LPs and get into something with a salary)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

-snip-

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Noscript and set it to block webms.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well thats a fitting username for this LP

Godspeed you insane person

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

If the top screen remains as still as it does for most of the game like it does in the video id say blow up the bottom screen to take up most of the video space. Should be simple enough to do based on your workflow. iirc some helpful goon posted an AVIsynth script (quite a while ago) for streamlining that process.
Oh and hide your mouse, kinda distracting.

Dead air is fine, you really dont need to read out all the dialogue in the game.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at Jan 5, 2017 around 22:02

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

discworld is all I read posted:

Yeah, a nice goon made something that's fairly simple to use in avisynth for doing just that: https://github.com/Chromatophore/MDS

Haha holy poo poo was that really almost a year ago?
How the gently caress could i remember that?

(And why have i forgotten much more important, much more recent things? )

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The LP'zone

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its not silent hill without a modicum of ever shifting blur imo.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The audience will be begging for death to escape the cutscenes by ep 2
And i dont even think commentary banter can survive this goddamn games cutscenes.

U, do U putty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

BioEnchanted posted:

That sounds really obnoxious unless I'm missing a joke.

Nah man
Hes gotta take good care of his credibility and LPer brand cachet

Ita a good idea