Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

AmewTheFox posted:

Well, there's only one way to see if I'm totally garbage at this. This is actually a lot more work than I expected!

Update 1 (Cool names coming later)

That looks fine to me. I'll say that when characters have multiple lines of dialogue in a row, you can probably just add most of them together. Also, and this is more my personal preference than anything, but I actually think the screenshots could be a bit smaller. The GBA's native resolution is pretty tiny, but I feel like doubling it (480x320) is more than enough. After that, things start to get a bit messy.

That's just my take on it, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

AmewTheFox posted:

As a small break in that discussion(though that is all around a bad sounding idea), I re-did all my screenshots and did a bit of cleaning up, along with a few extra features. (Who knew someone uploaded the soundtrack to youtube?)

...That then begs the question of if that's wise, considering how OSTs linked through youtube gets removed at some point in the future.

Anyway, I think this is approaching postable territory.

I will say that you won't need to put a colon after the character portrait. Also, for the music, I recommend labeling it with "Music: " or something too, just to make it a little bit more clear.

quote:

Also, "game like popular MMOs"? What?

I didn't know there was an LP equivalent to "You are what you eat."

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

It depends. I've revised mines a handful of times already, so I'm the type of person to struggle on an OP too.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Doc M posted:

It's also terrible for SSLPs because of the infinite scrolling.

This.

I was thinking of cross-posting my LP back when LPzone was made, but the UI is just hell. The test poster might be a decent compromise, but how does Baldurk feel on using the test poster and LPix for it? I remember even the mods on LPzone weren't sure about how fair that'd be to him.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

For what it's worth, seems there's a few LP subforum folk looking to make an alternative, but it'd require most of us on board to work (and to, y'know, not be terrible for SSLPs like LPzone). It's something to keep an eye on while keeping a close eye on what happens here. Either way, the community is going to be fractured especially if too many alternatives get recommended. That'll be the death of SSLP.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Wait, what the gently caress? I thought it was schmorky related with how he had his kid on his YT making diaper jokes or some poo poo. I remember that being part of the discourse.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Man of many loving awful scandals, this guy.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Pretty sure it's the same one. Either that or its link is broke.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

We're already able to register and post on the beach fwiw. It's the site the LP Discord put together, though it's still rolling out. If you check the Discord, you'll be able to find more on it.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah, unless the mods manage to fix the situation on here (no timescale on that but hopefully they'll succeed soon), we're moving over to LPBeach. If you're following any LPers who haven't seen the news yet, it might be worth pointing this out to them too. It'll be more successful if we're all together. That's especially more important for SSLPs too.

e: Note: The site is still under work but it's functional. They're working on an image host and its presentation now, but there's a suggestion board too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I don't know about elsewhere, but on the SALP subforum all I've seen is people either afraid of it all being burned to the ground, or just personally not wanting to support Lowtax. Not seen many judgments. I hope too many people aren't being dicks?