Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Sandcastle can't really provide much input until you do this:

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I'll start working on the OP and first chapter tomorrow to post in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

People can't give comments unless you do a sample of a typical update. Just posting your OP doesn't give enough information.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Why are the pictures so tiny

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

The images are no longer tiny, this is good.

I am looking forward to absurd translation fun

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Use smaller screenshots and don't use [timg] for everything

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Irfanview

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Always nice to see a new poster who is willing to learn and try and improve instead of throwing a hissy fit :)

(the hissy fits are way funnier though)

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

If you want feedback, you're gonna need to show us what an update would look like or something.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

OddHaberdasher posted:

Ideally, this would be a call to action of sorts that would bring OP (or else some likely hero) to put the LP back on track

That sounds like a really weird thing to do.

OddHaberdasher posted:

but I could theoretically continue the LP

That sounds fine, factoring in what other folks have said. Just doing one update is like giving someone just two chest compressions in CPR and then stopping, hoping that you've motivated someone else to take over.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Cooked Auto posted:

And here I was going to joke that the poster didn't own the LP, just had an "agreement" with those who do.

You should go. Before something bad happens.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Because then they'd be surtitles :dadjoke:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

+n for unstickying the stream thread and combining recommendation & request

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Hey, MAGIX is an awful, awful company so I made a video about how Sony Vegas Pro has gone to poo poo since they purchased ownership of it in 2016. If you are interested in hearing about how the only way to get a refund is to send a form letter to germany via snail mail, please watch it. If you use Sony Vegas Pro to make your let's plays (like I have from 2011 until now), please do not give MAGIX any more money. Also this video has my face in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wxKPgO9RZs

MAGIX really earned that one star rating on TrustPilot.

the C stands for Consumer advocacy

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

The only quibble I have is that the portraits you're using for the dialogue are a bit tall, but since they're pulled straight from the game like that (and come with those pretty borders) I don't know if there's a better way to do it that's worth the effort.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

https://forum.waypoint.vice.com/t/youtube-walkout-dec-10th-13th/24769

Please don't post or watch any videos on Youtube for the next few days :)

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

can't believe how long it's been since richard gamingo. this is a nice trip down memory lane!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

can't wait until he gets banned for account sharing

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Dash Rendar posted:

It's finally happening. Somewhere, deep down, I knew it would come to this. To those of you in the know, it's started. If all goes well, we can get in before they can stop us.

For those of you not in the know: Tell crow "gently caress youuuuu!"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gently caress you, crow! :evilbuddy:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Please sticky the spaceship, because I think we don't have enough stickied threads in LP

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

This is a good change imo

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Sibyl Disobedience posted:

I actually just spent a lot of time internally debating using timg. I went with them thinking that it would be considered polite to use them, so this conversation is a tad distressing.

For this post in particular, I had a lot of large screenshots that I wanted to include at full size for people who might be interested in seeing detail, but initiated them as a thumbnail so that a reader not interested in detail could just get a quick glance of what I'm referring to and not have it disrupt the flow of reading. Can someone advise me if this considered to be a bad practice and I should just full size everything, or is my style of presentation unique enough that the usual complaints against timg do not apply?

imo you're using timg's right in that post - things like pretty pics and concept art and the like are fine to be shrunk. You're not doing a SSLP in which people have to click everything, you're okay.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

one immediate thing!

screenshots should not look like this!

screenshots should look like this! whatever you're doing for this pic, you should be doing for all pics.

if your screenshots are too big, you need to crop and/or resize them. [timg] tags help nobody and make things worse :buddy:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

just scrolling through quickly, it looks much better! seems to me like you're ready to go

(people who know things about file formats and/or filesize optimization may have stuff to say, maybe? but i do not know this wizardry)

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i can't wait to see who will do the grand experiment of LPing via tiktok

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

watching someone mine 6400 silver ore is hella boring, seeing a few screenshots with the explanation text "i've mined 6400 silver ore, out of my goal of 10k, so that i can craft those into tiaras, because that's the most efficient way of training my crafting high enough to make a special amulet, because that amulet will make it more efficient to train my ranged level" is much better

(my brother plays hardcore ironman os runescape and i hear his tales)

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

- banner pic is really big yo

- other pics are a good size on my screen

- it's hard to read any bits of the UI that are on the yellowing paper background. i don't know of any way to improve this :v:

- writing seems fine

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

FlamingRok posted:

Alright, I've waffled on making a test post for this long enough, this is a test for a screenshot LP of Pokemon Stadium 2. I recall back a while ago, don't know if it's still in effect or not, there was a Pokemon LP lightban of some kind, or at least you had to get active permission to make one due to the influx of them. If there is indeed still that lightban, I'll attempt to properly get the permission for the LP.

Includes both the OP and first update, separated by a line of hyphens.

Outside of the above concern, if there's any other issues, or if I am indeed ready to :justpost: please let me know. Thank you in advance.

pokemon ban has been gone for a long time, so green light for that issue!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Nidoking posted:

I can't be the only one thinking about Neil Cicierega, can I?

:haibrower:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

part of me wants to suggest ramping the probe length and part of me wants it to stay the same to i can keep laughing at this loving idiot

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Namtab posted:

Otoh nightelf got his wish of being talked about constantly in the lp subforum so whos the real loser here

it's nightelf

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

it's not ideal but it's an improvement :)

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

TheMcD posted:

You would be increasing the number of reports in the forum from maybe one a week to two once.

except since the ace combat 7 probation contest is active so there's approximately a billion reports happening lately :v:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

a quick scrollthrough and no obvious problems pop out at me!

people who know things about image size and pixels might have insight, or maybe you've already done all of that perfectly, i have no insight in that regard :v:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i was confused about all the empty space on the right until i skipped forward enough to see that your hand cards went there, so that nixes my would-be complaint about it not being centered

i personally do not care for the bottom chunk of the screen but i'm guessing that was a stream overlay or something? if you plan to edit the streams into more digestible vids then imo you should also crop that out

post layout seems fine (dunno why all the images are clickable though?). iirc that might be lpix doing something weird with [timg] tags - and if so there's no need to do that, since none of the pics are big enough to need it at all (and if that's not it then welp :v:)

depending on how many deck submissions you get you might want to have the links in a second post just in case you bump into the character limit

biosterous fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 25, 2022

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

goblin week posted:

What was that extremely hosed up cone and orb based 3D board game that was played in teams on this forum?

axiom?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3922993

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

That Italian Guy posted:

Speaking of this, does anyone have a royalty free music website to recommend? I've been using bensound but I'm quickly running through their catalog.

https://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/, unless things changed, i don't keep track

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

You need to realize that my post is 100% sincere. There's no sarcasm, no trap to be sprung. You literally can do no wrong. LP is the forum BYOB wishes it could be.

E: okay, actually, we had a guy last year that proved that wrong.

iggy come post in byob please, we are also sincere and chill :yayclod:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

hell yeah

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

idly considering posting in the new lp announcement thread with no lp just so i can be the first one to be probed for it

but, like, idk, while i love grabbing all the vanity/comedy sixers i can, maybe i shouldn't clutter up an actually useful thread

in conclusion mods please probate me for this post instead, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

biosterous posted:

idly considering posting in the new lp announcement thread with no lp just so i can be the first one to be probed for it

but, like, idk, while i love grabbing all the vanity/comedy sixers i can, maybe i shouldn't clutter up an actually useful thread

in conclusion mods please probate me for this post instead, thank you

thank you dan!