Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
A lot of people say listening to other peoples dreams is boring, but after reading about another goon dreaming about a sexual encounter with Jastiger in the confessions thread I have to say I disagree. As that dream shows, amazing, fantastical, unrealistic things can happen in dreams, like Jastiger having sex. It doesn't have to be recent dreams, if you remember an interesting dream you had from a long time ago post that too

Last night I had a dream where I was watching a horror movie called Let Them Out. But then the dream transitioned so I was in the horror movie. I was at a house party with a bunch of older (upper-middle aged) people. The whole first floor seemed to be this one completely bare room with a hardwood floor, except there were (foil) balloons and ribbons and sparkles everywhere. But then there were loud noises and some of the balloons started popping and people were freaking out, it turns out there were these small colorful elephants (they looked like Eonwe's avatar) in the basement. Some people went down to investigate but only a few came back, and we were able to see some of the elephants menacingly milling down there.

I went outside twice during all this to try to get help, for some reason the second time I went out was to get pizza(??) since I thought that would help (I didn't end up getting any pizza). But when I came back to the house the second time I opened the mail slot to peek in and one of the elephants was staring back at me(!!). I debated whether I should let them out of the house. I had an intuitive understanding that if I did, they would spread across the planet and take over/wipe out everything. In retrospect (i.e. after I woke up) this reminded me of that one episode of Rick and Morty where the New Characters Everyone Else Seems to Have Known For Years are trying to get out of the house to take over the planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I have a friend who says he stopped dreaming when he turned 13, that makes me sad for some reason.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i dream about getting harrassed by debt collectors and getting subpoenas and wage garnishments.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
This thick forest had some houses that were being used to test energy shield technology and a some rebel faction had invaded and we had to activate the shields. They also made the houses float off the ground, independent. The shielding tech wasn't exposed.

It was a longer dream with more stuff but that was the coolest

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I had a dream I invited a friend of mine and her boyfriend out to dinner with my girlfriend and I. We just all had sex in the restaurant instead of eating. It was a really cool dream and I'm proud of it and also how angry my girlfriend was when I told her about it

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I'm on a diet so I have vivid nightmares about gorging myself on carbohydrates.

Last night I dreamed that GBS was changed into a discussion board for the game Pillars of Eternity, which was great because it's a pretty good game.

edit: I do not regularly dream about the forums so don't gimme any poo poo about it please.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 14, 2016

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

last night i had a dream i was taking an exam and i was really stressed out about it and then i realized i could wake up and i was like gently caress this, i'm out. that was my dream last night

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nDdoJX1KxM

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41P8UxneDJE

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
I dreamed I was a Christian in the 200s ad suffering persecution by the Romans for rejecting the state religion

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I had a dream last night where I was in some kind of crazy future where there was some major civil war and then it was over and the two side just agreed to be two sides with free trade and so on. The more "advanced" side was advertising jobs and I agreed to join them to be like a cop or something. Turns out it was pretty much slave labor and I was training to be the gestapo for the population. It was heavily implied that leaving was not an option and this was the way it was going to be for the rest of my likely shorter life. All the other recruits were just as bummed out as me while we were training how to intimidate people and choosing who or when to execute people for the greatest effect. I felt a lot of despair.

I woke up and was like "holy poo poo im glad that was a dream"

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Last week I had a dream where me and a coworker were discussing ways to leave work early. Out of nowhere he said, " follow me I've got an idea!" We walked over to my boss, and suddenly he took out a knife and started stabbing her repeatedly. She was screaming out in pain and fell to the floor, and he just kept laughing and stabbing her over and over again. After she died, he looked at me and said "well, see you on Monday!" Then I woke up.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I was staying with some friends at this huge old sprawling mansion bed & breakfast and I met this ghost girl who was really cool so I ditched my friends to hang out with her and eventually had hot ghost sex with her. Our trip ended and I had to go home and I assumed I've never see the ghost girl again, but now I knew the secret to seeing ghosts and could walk between the living world and the ghost world freely so I started hooking up with ghosts on the reg back home (it turns out ghosts are easy because they're so lonely from being unable to interact with people.) Then I had to go to a business conference that just happened to be held back at the big old mansion and when I got there the original ghost girl was pissed at me for ghost cheating on her and vowed to haunt me forever, did the whole spooky taking her face off to reveal empty hollow skull thing and everything. I was a little ashamed for having done wrong by her but I was irritated by her swearing eternal vengeance so I was just like w/e and left to go smoke weed with my harem of ghost bitches.

Not a dream, actually happened irl. Just felt like sharing and this was the first thread I had open.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I had a dream the other night that I met the blonde chick from the big bang theory and she promised me she'd get me a blowjob from Johnny Galecki and then he did but it was lousy and later I told her and she said "yeah he was having a bad day" and promised he'd give me another one later and then I woke up and it turned out I had fallen asleep with TBS on and now I wonder what that episode was really about

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I'm restrained. Someone cuts my dick n balls off with a paper cutter and puts big fish hooks in the wound pulling the skin back.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I have nightmares of teeth falling out. This will happen eventually, and I will also die, so maybe they weren't so much dreams as they were premonitions

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Kuato posted:

I have nightmares of teeth falling out. This will happen eventually, and I will also die, so maybe they weren't so much dreams as they were premonitions

Look on the bright side, you may die before your teeth have a chance to fall out. Like from a car accident, or genetically engineered bird flu.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I'm restrained. People claw my stomach open and rip my intestines out.

DoctorG0nzo
May 28, 2014
Funny that you mentioned a horror movie in your dream because for some reason my nightmares tend to involve me watching really hosed up horror movies or snuff films that have a greater effect on me than horror movies irl

Can any dream weavers explain this to me?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm restrained. Hatebag sticks his nose in my rear end in a top hat and snorts out all my precious feces.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Someone tries to fight me. I knock them down, grab their throat and repeatedly smash their head on a sidewalk. My growling wakes me up.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

I'm restrained. Hatebag sticks his nose in my rear end in a top hat and snorts out all my precious feces.

Get out of my dreams.
Get into my car.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Hatebag posted:

Someone tries to fight me. I knock them down, grab their throat and repeatedly smash their head on a sidewalk. My growling wakes me up.

Wait, are you a dog?

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
Last night I dreamt about having to call in sick to work because I didn't moisturise my feet.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I dreamt a few nights ago that some big 500 pound lady attacked me while I was sitting on a park bench because she and her 500 pound boyfriend couldn't both fit on it without me getting up. Her voice was high pitched, wheezy, and ham-choked, and she didn't even give me a chance to get up and find a different bench, she just came stampeding at me and shouting about me oppressing them. I tried to push her away and she fell backwards and couldn't get up, exactly like a turtle, and started squealing. It was around that time I noticed all the people pointing cell phones at us and laughing, and I thought "Oh gently caress, this is gonna go viral, and somehow I just know angry fat chicks are gonna be calling my house at all hours of the day and posting poo poo about me online so I can never get a decent job again".

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
your mom OP!

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Like 85% of my dreams are mundane boring poo poo. Thanks to being a military brat, my dreams are a bizarre mish-mash of all the different places I've lived at. The houses are a mix of all houses, the schools are Frankenstein forms of the schools I've been to. The neighborhoods, etc.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Kuato posted:

If we live in a multiverse then aren't all dreams premonitions since everything ever possible is gonna happen in one of f the universes

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

Wait, are you a dog?

I am a dog that's been incepted into thinking i am a man.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I sometimes get weak legs dreams. I can be dreamland-anywhere and suddenly walking is a monumentally difficult and frustrating task. Yes, there's totally a psyche profile for this. No, I don't want to hear about it.

My most horrifying nightmares ever were both in early childhood. The first was literally frankenstein ripping my dog's head off in the living room. The other was this weird temple of doom dream where an evil priest was taking kids into this underground lair and putting them on this bed of cillia-fingers, and the fingers would drag them down into the bed and eat them. Luckily the karate kid saved me. I always figured this was a confused subconscious thing triggered by an assload of "Fingers Furniture" ads back in the day combined with fever dream.

Adult nightmares are boring and prosaic by comparison.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I used to have, like 5 or so years ago, recurring dreams where I would be going about my usual day but I would keep floating off the ground. Up to the ceiling if I were indoors, and away into the sky if I weren't.

It sounds relaxing and fun but I remember the dreams being terrifying, and I hated every one I had.

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
I had a dream last night where I was lurking and saw a bunch of extra buttons

I emailed Lowtax and PMed ZDR (because I had the ability) to ask what was up

I was told, " if you want it you got it forever "

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

BirryJoru posted:

I had a dream last night where I was lurking and saw a bunch of extra buttons

I emailed Lowtax and PMed ZDR (because I had the ability) to ask what was up

I was told, " if you want it you got it forever "

Admins take note. These are the kind of changes that could make SA great again.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i dreamed i was peeing and when i woke up i was still peeing

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Jastiger can have sex. Why do you say such things. Your dreams can become reality if you believe in yourself, ya know.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I am restrained. I untie myself and look at a photo of OPs handsome face hahaha

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I dreamed I met a Galilean
A most amazing man
He had that look
You very rarely find
The haunting hunted kind

I asked him
To say what had happened
How it all began
I asked again
He never said a word
As if he hadn't heard

And next the room was full
Of wild and angry men
They seemed to hate this man
They fell on him and then disappeared

Then I saw thousands of millions
Crying for this man
And then I heard them mentioning my name
And leaving me the blame

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

How come I don't need glasses in my dreams ?

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
"I don't want to hear about your dream, okay? I hate listening to people's dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just... don't care."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe
most of my dreams are basically straight out of inception it's terrible and i often live years of my life in a fractal surrealist expressionist piece of phenomena that only i can understand because i bought into a ramtha quantum cult movie with the centaur faun kid gfg

• Locked thread