Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Covok posted:

A lot of Star Wars fans have been pushing for a Netflix Old Republic series. Pretty unrealistic to think online petitions work (though, in this case, it is just telling Disney there is demand for a product so it might have some pull), but it makes me wonder what a show like that would even be about? It's so before the prequels that it would have carte blanc to do what it wishes. In Legends, a Sith Empire kicked the Republic's rear end and almost conquered the galaxy. Not saying I want that to happen, but it's so long ago that crazy, galaxy shattering events like that can happen and no one would know during the time of the prequels, let alone the OT or sequels.

It could also be great to see a 180 as well: instead of it being the Legends or Legends-like Old Republic, it's something wholly new that doesn't rely on rehashing old villainous factions.

I don't care for the Old Republic because they tend to just poop over the notion of subtlety and the force-wielders basically become DBZ characters. Also they want to have both the Republic and the Empire at the same time while keeping a really awkward amount of things the same as the original time period. I feel like they should've made a cleaner break in that fiction instead of trying to rehash so many things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Yeah, the idea of one man and his confederate playing both sides of a galactic war that causes enough murder and destruction to give power to the dark side and let palpatine take over is really clever.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I think Luke's comment might just be out-of-context trailer bait.

• Locked thread