Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
drat, Lars Mikkelsen's delivery of Thrawn's lines is so good.

Also I only just realized he and Mads Mikkelsen are brothers. Brothers playing major Star Wars villains in the same year. :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Ooh, you're right, I mixed up the names. My mind is less blown, but that's still pretty nuts.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

AndyElusive posted:

Chop stole the Ghost, took it to Yavin for shits and giggles.

General Syndulla gets paged over the coms because the Ghost is illegally parked in a no Transport zone but Chop don't give a womprats rear end.

The Ghost appears at the Battle of Scarif because Chopper has the balls to take her in and he escapes into hyperspace just in time to avoid T-boning Vader's ride.

He returns The Ghost to Chopper Base before Hera even wakes up to notice it was gone.

This would make for a legitimately great episode.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I have a feeling its transfer over to the alliance as a whole will be partially explained by Sabine's interactions with the Mandalorian clans. Maybe they integrate into the alliance and bring the Wren family crest with them?

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Kinda bummed that Sabine is off the show right when she finally gets to shine.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Wookieepedia is obviously a treasure trove of collected and collated knowledge of all things Star Wars, but is there anything that traces the changes to various stories over the years?

I'd love to know how Vader's (and everything else's) back story changed around before the prequels were released.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

thrawn527 posted:

Copying/modifying a post I made in the Star Wars book barn thread, because this book is exactly what you want:

If you want more about the different drafts, this book is a must read. The Secret History of Star Wars by Michael Kaminski. He poured over the various drafts of the first six movies (it was written in 2008), interviews with Lucas and Kurtz and Kasdan (and others), and published notes to put together a timeline of what Star Wars was at various times in it's history. It's amazing. I've sang it's praise in the book barn thread various times, and summed up some crazy poo poo from it (like the original drafts of ROTJ), but it's universally accepted in the thread as the definitive history. Every once in a while I pick it up and read a random chapter. We were clearing out books recently, and my wife held it up and said, "This book has 4 bookmarks in it, so I'm guessing you want to keep it?" Just keep in mind this is (I believe) the only book this guy has ever written (it started as a PDF he posted on his website), so the writing is occasionally a little rough.

This is awesome, thank you! I'm definitely going to check it out.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Cross-Section posted:

On the flip-side, it's pretty great that when Thrawn finally does realize it, it's in the Thrawn-iest way possible.

This, 1000%. Also, poo poo.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I think that's what I really love about this show. They do a pretty great job of making a show for newer fans while peppering in the stuff for die-hard, long-time, overly analytical mega-nerds like me/us.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Nina posted:

As narratively good as it might be I'm really disappointed if a character as cool as Ventress falls for a rando she had no history with and just dies

This is how I feel about it. Even if Quinlan Vos was one of my favorite comics characters, the progression of that story just doesn't make much sense for Asajj's character. The passion involved, sure. Not so much the end result.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I love Kylo Ren mostly because he's the in-universe Star Wars turbo-nerd, collecting all the best memorobilia for himself, scouring the galaxy for the best NRFB merch, and whining when someone else gets a collectible he can't have or removing it from existence entirely so that no one can have it.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

drunkill posted:

Or square tie fighters instead of rectangle. (Front view)

The squished TIE fighters are the only thing I can't get used to, mostly because I play the X-Wing minis game which is at scale. I dig everything else, though, especially the skinny sabers.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Narcissus1916 posted:

Holy balls, y'all. Just watched the two part Mandalorian Sabine Goodness.

As a whole, season 3 is much stronger than last year. The narrative has more heft, and I'm happy to see the narrative move away from Pouty Ezra.

But lord, have their been some stinkers. The Geonosis two parter was a huge whiff, and the Iron Squadron stuff was their worst episode ever.

The Iron Squadron stuff is way more palatable if you watch Rebels Recon after the episodes. The kids on the YT-2400 are modeled/named after Andi Gutierrez and her camera-person and sound-person. It's pretty cute.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

VolticSurge posted:

So, I just found this...
I don't even know where to begin.

By closing the browser window in which the video is playing. Rebels isn't the most amazing, groundbreaking show in the world, but it's Good and Fun and occasionally very Pulpy Star Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Star Wars Rebels Season 4: Filonious Monks

• Locked thread