Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Vitamin P posted:

The uglies were the worst idea in the entire EU. Make the setting seem small and also that's not how complex machinery works dammit.

It's stupid thematically too. You know what fighters criminals should be using? TIE fighters. There are a lot of TIE fighters out there, because the Empire was Bad.

Plus they're cheap and easy to maintain, plus they've been in the hands of corrupt officials since forever... "Whoops, another squadron of TIEs got 'lost' or 'stolen by pirates' or on one notable occasion 'lost in a swamp'..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

tin can made man posted:

Ezra is about 10x more interesting as an anakin skywalker figure than anakin skywalker

Superior writing and a less punchable face.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

thrawn527 posted:

Loved the first episode back. Thrawn was Thrawn-ing it up, not taking the bait but instead focusing on the bigger game. But I will say, for a Star Wars kids show, I was not expecting the main character to mind control someone into suicide. That was...dark.

I was taken aback, yet pleased, because it makes it pretty clear that Ezra is doing something really hosed up without even needing any of the other characters to moralize at him about it.

Kids shows overall are darker than they used to be, I think. (I don't entirely think this is a bad thing. Reality is a tough neighborhood.)

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Also, it wouldn't be too much of an rear end pull if those Y-wings had trackers hidden in them. Since he suspected the theft ahead of time.

It would be elegant, really. He presented them not only with something they desperately needed, but put a ticking clock on it before all the ships were destroyed, so they wouldn't have time to look the gift horse in the mouth.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
If I was showrunning a Star Wars show, running a West End campaign with the cast playing their characters is the first thing I would do.

I think this maybe happened here.

R-Type posted:

Heh, idiots putting mining lasers into the high slots.

I got that reference!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Funky Valentine posted:

Palpatine designated Mount Doom as Vader's house because Palpatine is a petty gently caress who likes screwing with his emotionally dead manservant.

"Are you still crying about Padamame or Panda Bear or whatever her name was?" I love Robot Chicken Star Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Filoni is real good at this. I hope they keep letting him make Star Wars as long as he's willing to.

• Locked thread