Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

TheCenturion posted:

Kreia was sick and tired of the "Sith keep turning into cackling cartoon villains" thing so wanted to SHUT. DOWN. EVERYTHING.

Maul is kinda in the same place at this point, but has decided on a slightly less nihilistic path.

??? Maul specifically wants to murder the top dogs and get revenge so he can be the top dog. They're not even close?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

I hope we see his severed bottom half show up as a sith lord this season.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

drunkill posted:

So Gary Whitta wrote this upcoming episode. Lets see if it required re-writes :v

Gary Whitta for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G_NEanJBLU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Moon Slayer posted:

99.9% of the old EU canon was garbage and I'm glad they're completely ignoring it and starting from scratch.

This episode ruled. Season 3 is really starting strong.

Yeah its been surprisingly solid, every episode has been interesting and engaging with character growth. Plus if the coolest ship in star wars blowing up a bunch of A-wings is somehow making people upset about 'canon' and 'existing backstory' set up by the garbage EU then thats just a bonus.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

EVIL NOONER posted:

is it really plot armor when you keep character alive while telling a story that happens chronologically before their other appearances

Yes its absolutely plot armour. You know the plot of this story and the next require this person to survive therefore any action they take is completely without threat or consequence.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

EVIL NOONER posted:

you are very wrong about this, but dont worry about it.

Plot armour is when a character, as a result of being essential to the plot, is immune to threats to their long term health and safety. I'm not sure what my definition changes about that. When its clear it undercuts threat and consequence for their well-being do you disagree with that? I mean at no point was anyone remotely concerned that hobbie and wedge are going to be hurt. Hell even the episode doesn't really care about what they are doing and its instead focusing on sabine.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 12, 2016

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

In my head Chopper's droid speak uses the word "motherfucker" at least once every sentence. Also that headbutt right at the last second, classic chopper.

Voiced by Samuel L Jackson.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah, but so was the Rebellion for the first two movies, and even in the third all you've got alienwise is Ackbar and his staff, Lando's Copilot, and a reference to "Bothans" who, being just a name, aren't necessarily aliens if the three movies exist in a vacuum.

I guess the Rebellion did have a handful of women scattered around.

Yeah theres lots of stuff people assume is part of the OT but really is completely separate from it. Like Sith never gets mentioned up as a thing and jedi use lightsabers because vader has one but the emperor doesnt. There are jedi and the emperor who was just something else. Also the idea of a light and dark side of the force isn't really what is talked about in Empire as its more 'the force' and the dark side. I think luke mentions the light in terms of whats stronger but yoda kinda never refers to it in those terms. Its just the force and a perversion of the force.

Also I am perpetually flabbergasted that people dont hear han solo talking about kessel runs and parsecs think hes giving a fact and not just trying to talk a mean game to get more money.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Kingtheninja posted:

Is the defender the one from tie fighter or rebel assault 2?

These guys:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

General Dog posted:

A better question would be why anyone chose that arc to start the series to begin with.

Because nobody had figured out that the clones are the best part of the show yet.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Also, any Aussie SW goons here? Does them calling the dark side 'bogan' make you giggle?

Yes, every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Chickenwalker posted:

This episode played out a lot like a really good antag round on SS13.

Thrawn didn't get toolboxed by a random stormtrooper after identifying who the traitor was 0/10.

• Locked thread