Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

LongDarkNight posted:

Remembers last time Star Wars and singing were combined. *screams silently*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z9XTeeA43o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

MrJacobs posted:

If Rocky III has taught me anything its that running on sand makes you a badass, a double badass if its done in a weird homo-erotic montage with Carl Weathers.

Obi-Wan has been running on sand for some time now, ain't no robot legs gonna keep up with that.

I hate sand.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Gelf posted:

Second use of the ignore function since 2005!

I hate to say it but I might actually be starting to like Kanan since he was blinded. Something about him always rubbed me the wrong way, I also read the Kanan comic miniseries and "A New Dawn" post season one so that may have something to do with the change in opinion.
I've enjoyed the progress he'd made from not even being a Jedi Knight when Depa Billaba was killed, to now where he's arguably closer to a state of being at peace with it all and his place within it.....even with his recent insecurities over his newfound responsibility for Sabine.

He has to die before it's all over though!

I think Kanan is intended to be mostly unlikable. He's a Jedi who got thrust into the position of pseudo-Master without any of the proper training. He's trying to stick to the "old ways" of Jedi training while being forced to learn that those ways are really no more.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

IronSaber posted:

So I heard from a """source""" that in a future season Kyle Katarn and Prince Xizor are being reintroduced/recanonized.

Take that with a rather large grain of salt, but my mind reels at the possibilities...

Man I hope that means that we get a introduction to the charming smuggler Dash Rendar, who hops in his ship which is promptly blown up. Would be such a fantastic meta joke.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I hope he shows up, Kanan spins around to kick him but misses, Fett falls off ship anyway

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Chopper in Rogue One is quickly becoming the Rick and Morty courtroom scene in that thread.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

jivjov posted:

Yeah, but given that Obi-Wan is ostensibly keeping watch over Luke, he could potentially cameo.

In the background of a shop you see a young man "Crap, I forgot to bring enough money for power converters, and I'm all the way to Toshi station!"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

jivjov posted:

Heck, just have something take place at Anchorhead and see a blond kid in a white tunic wander by. Simple as that.

Get more meta, Dewback gets in his way and he screams "Why are these Dewbacks here? Who thought it would be a good idea to bring Dewbacks here?"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ups_rail posted:

Is there no new episode today

Today isn't February 18th. :(

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I don't see a happy ending for this season. :(

Or well, really the series even.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

That's always been one of my favorite things about Star Wars though. Sure it's space ships and laser blasters and lightsabers but the technology is generally grungy and utilitarian. No posh transporter and sparkling clean ships, the Falcon is a junker, etc. When Luke pulls out his Macrobinoculars in ANH the screen is fuzzy and staticy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Wasn't one of the main controllers voiced by the same guy that does Thrawn?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Spoilers for finale

So does this mean that Thrawn will continue to be a major antagonist? Nothing really happened, he's not trapped on the planet. The failure to capture the fleet can have it's blame placed on the others.

Glad Kallus survived. I was certain he was headed for the tragic death (maybe still is). Looking forward to him and Zeb bro'ing it up a bit next season.

I can't remember a show that has grown this consistently in quality. So glad the whirly inquisitors are gone, and they're focusing on lining up with the main storyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Unfortunately I just have a hard time seeing Kanan or Ezra making it out. If either of them were around during the OT surely someone would have mentioned it (especially since they've worked closely with the actual rebel alliance at this point).

If this were any random show I'd put it at "don't think too hard" but the producers here have been very careful about maintaining their canon status.

• Locked thread