Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

did they make sabine look more asiany this season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Rip phantom

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is this the last season or are they doing more?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

thrawn527 posted:

It drives me crazy that in Disney XD's massive list of cable providers you can sign in with to watch their shows online, mine, Bright House, still isn't an option.

Neither is directTv last time i checked.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wedge and Poe are gonna have to fight over who gets to use the "I can fly anything" motto.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

He pulled a Hans Gruber

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Actually that makes it all really dumb and bad. Id rather have ezra kanan and co just all get wiped out than have an asterisk next to the OT with a "wellllll technically....."

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Narcissus1916 posted:

Can we at least get Kyle Katarn back?

I mean granted, Kanan is basically Kyle's less nonsensical twin.

Hes in Rogue one with a disguise on next to his buddy Jan Ors Jyn Erso

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

These last 2 episodes were just kinda spinning their wheels. Just get to thrawn already

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Where do they post all those art asset pics? I tried to find one for the outrider last ep and couldnt find it

\/\/ Thanks \/\/

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 22, 2016

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Leia did hug chewy on their way to the aztec planet

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

cptn_dr posted:

Just got out of Rogue One. For those curious, the Rebels stuff I noticed was
- A loudspeaker call for General Syndulla on Yavin
-I saw the Ghost in a space battle
-In the same battle, there was a Hammerhead Frigate

Also, it's a really good Star War. Go see it.

does the ghost fly around/dog fight or is it just basically seen once like in that trailer spot??

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

This movie would have been so much better if it was the ghost crew instead of the boring characters we got.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Have vader kill him. His thirst for youngling blood is never quenched.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Rogue One question Did Donnie Yen use the same kind of weapon as Zeb? It sure looked like it

Na its just a staff thing that turns into a nerf bow and arrow thing

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Tatooine: Has sand - triggered for life

Mustafar: Best friend chops off your last 3 limbs. Almost died, permanently disfigured for life. Place where (he believes)his wife died. - Makes his new house there

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

TheBigBad posted:

The whole Jedi purge is an exaggeration. There are plenty of Jedi still around during the original trilogy. Obi-wan and Yoda are both very unreliable narrators.

The movie doesnt become wrong because some lovely EU books need new stories

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Narcissus1916 posted:

I think there's a line in the original trilogy about how Dagobah has a super dark energy and that's how Yoda cloaked his presence.

nope

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Why even have a castle? Just live on your personal Star Destroyer.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah im sure thats it...

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Did they say why they needed an actual base when they have that giant hanger ship. I assume that thing is still floating about somewhere with the hammerheads since the only thing we see on the ground are A-wings and CR90s.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

Why do we need naval bases, and air strips when we have aircraft carriers?

Because we're a world super power. Phoenix squadron isn't

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I wanna see Count Kreese and his apprentice Darth Johnny.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Lothal sucked. Every location was either grassy field, lone highway on a grassy field or generic city surrounded by grassy fields.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Why did chopper get to name the base i missed that episode

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Shbobdb posted:

Good fantasy steals from mythology.

Decent fantasy steals from Lord of the Rings.

Bad fantasy steals from D&D (or other LoTR knockoffs)

At this point, where are we with Star Wars? It was bad enough when every fan fiction writer who made the newest Han Solo clone and presented them as an original character (do not steal!). Rebels started with some promise but we've gone from lazy fanfiction where "Here's my character -- he's basically Han Solo but (you'll never see this coming) he's also a Jedi" to "My original character's name is Dash Kyle Katan Rendar . . . and he's the best and based on nothing because he's totally original."

People talk about how this is based on a D20 game like that is a good thing. Come on.

drat dude you owned the hell out of those video game characters with 10 lines of dialog from childrens toys/videogames from the 90s! Savage

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

tsob posted:

All that makes it a bit odd that in A New Hope it looks like a single Rebel Cell taking on the Death Star, while it wasn't until Return of the Jedi that it looked like multiple cells banded together to take on the Second Death Star given that Ackbar was there with a load of Mon Cal and their own ships, with A-Wings, B-Wings, Cruisers and so on in comparison to A New Hope being a bunch of white guys in X-Wings.

That award ceremony building was massive and full of dudes. I doubt theyre only trying to show 1 cell with a scene like that.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Cross-Section posted:

Multiple impressions from people with screeners of "Twin Suns" seem to indicate that it's some sort of emotional, bring-tissues tour de force, which I honestly wasn't expecting given the premise. Going to be a long week regardless.

so kanan is prob gonna die i guess. Hes been pretty useless for a while now. I doubt many people will shed tears over Maul, sabine is gone, they wont kill a kid, hera lives until Rogue 1 and zeb is another just there type character.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

so i guess he'll be back in whatever future show needs him with a robot torso?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

Quite frankly I like the idea of the Death Star's beam being a giant lightsaber that they're just expanding and contracting through planets

1 deathstar is so old at this point. The next logical step is for the rebels to build their own Lifestar and have a DS vs LS lightsaber fight.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Lots of U wing shots in that trailer

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Galaga Galaxian posted:

They need to have Hera flying a Y-wing at some point so she can hold the distinction of being one of the few (only) characters to have flown each of the rebel fighters.

maybe she doesnt want to trigger chopper

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I like Iron squadron because the redesigned Outrider looked cool and I want it in x-wing

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

hmm interesting

googles logh, sees its an anime

mmm...nope

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

SyRauk posted:

I'm still holding out for that "Sopranos-meets-Star-Wars" live-action show they've been talking about for years.

If Gandolfini was still alive to voice Tony the Hutt in a wife beater this would be the best thing ever.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

yeah lets get regurgitated jedi/sith jerkoff fest #300. God forbid the franchise try anything other than lowest possible risk shlock

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Shbobdb posted:

Schlock, in a space opera? Never!

There are different ways to go but grimdark fits star wars about as well as a variety show.

Whats grimdark about a sopranos parody. That show was basically 50% comedy. Do you even know what grimdark means are do you just like using that term because you think it makes your poo poo opinion seem edgy?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What is his obsession with that one bearded guy in jedi being rex

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Matches the animation quality i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Its still on at 530pm and 9pm.

• Locked thread