Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Yeah, now that I think about it Asiina's logic does make sense. Day 2 is really swingy regardless, and I don't know that having Survivor around actually makes it worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

So you'd rather go into 3-man lylo off of a dead survivor which scum and dumb town will gladly jump onto and have nothing to go off of?

How is it not preferable to make the suspect list smaller immediately?

idk, this conversation is giving us plenty to talk about

making the suspect list smaller at the cost of town agency isn't the best sell

even you should be able to recognize why a survivor is not always ideal for town

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

The Lord of Hats posted:

Survivor at LYLO is going to want to hammer ASAP, right? So they'd be incentivized just to slam the vote for whoever gets voted first, unlike 2 VT who would at least have deliberation... except that neither of them can really vote either without risking scumhammer. Huh.

That's always a risk at LYLO that someone just votes, but you're basically saying that you're willing to give up a day where you know you will not lynch scum to have a modestly better shot the next day, except as I said, it's super easy for everyone to justify a 3P vote so you don't actually have a better shot.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

asiina stop making bad faith arguments

like, i get you're a 3p but you don't have to be a dingus about it

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

idk, this conversation is giving us plenty to talk about

making the suspect list smaller at the cost of town agency isn't the best sell

even you should be able to recognize why a survivor is not always ideal for town

I'm not talking about always ideal. I'm talking about this particular game of 5 people with 3 VT, 1 Survivor, and 1 Scum.

It's better for everyone's wincon for the survivor to claim than to not claim.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

this game is zero sum it can literally not be better for everybody

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

asiina stop making bad faith arguments

like, i get you're a 3p but you don't have to be a dingus about it

I'm not.

If you lynch me today, what do you get out of it tomorrow? You have 2 VT and 1 Scum. What have you learned?

Yes if we don't get scum today then you're putting your faith in my hands, and I get why that's scary, but so is going into a completely blind 3-man LYLO, so let's at least try on D1 when you can narrow it down to 4 people and 2 town have to screw up instead of just 1 if you lynch me.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I'm inclined to believe Asiina, because if nothing else this is generating way more productive conversation than we would have had with no claim, and I think that having any kind of data point to work off of is useful.

Dongsbot has been completely absent. I dunno what lurker lynches are gonna be like in this format.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Here is my one woman play where I attempt to convince two competing sides that what I'm doing is best for them *winks at camera* it's really what's best for me

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Fine, maybe not better, but helpful?

It gives useful information to all involved. It helps me not get NK'd. It helps scum know who to NK. It helps town know at least one person who isn't scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Here is my one woman play where I attempt to convince two competing sides that what I'm doing is best for them *winks at camera* it's really what's best for me

All of these things can be true.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

I'm inclined to believe Asiina, because if nothing else this is generating way more productive conversation than we would have had with no claim, and I think that having any kind of data point to work off of is useful.

Dongsbot has been completely absent. I dunno what lurker lynches are gonna be like in this format.

don't get me wrong this conversation is very good, I find it easiest to get reads when everybody has to take a side and justify it

but also asiina is incredibly biased in what she thinks should be the right outcome

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

It's not actual net gains necessarily, but everyone gets some kind of benefit? I think the order is that Survivor gains more than Town gains more than Scum, so Scum's getting the short end of the stick.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think Hats is probably scum because as soon as I said that this was a scummy push he immediately changed his mind.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

It's not actual net gains necessarily, but everyone gets some kind of benefit? I think the order is that Survivor gains more than Town gains more than Scum, so Scum's getting the short end of the stick.

Yeah, if you take it at face value, but also

Asiina posted:

Yes if we don't get scum today then you're putting your faith in my hands

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

I think Hats is probably scum because as soon as I said that this was a scummy push he immediately changed his mind.

it's possible

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Asiina posted:

I've made all of like one post suggesting having a survivor day 2 would be bad, the rest is me working the logic out. I don't see where I really changed my mind on anything.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

but yeah if we played like what asiina is suggesting every time, then it just essentially is going to come down to who the survivor likes more 75% of the time

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Don't you trust me, MMM?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also the OP says that's the setup for this game, it may not be like this next game.

Honestly, I'm just trying something out to see if it works cause it's a small fast game. I think my logic is sound.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
##vote asiina cya d2

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Cool. 3 dumb town and a scum.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

but yeah if we played like what asiina is suggesting every time, then it just essentially is going to come down to who the survivor likes more 75% of the time

Like say survivor picks randomly, since there's no reason for them to not do that, town win about 63% of the time, but it's always a dice roll and town literally have no control over who wins

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

##unvote

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i havent read my role pm but id rather be in a 3 player lylo with two town and one scum then a 3 player lylo with one town one scum and one survivor

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

than

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Alright, so right now, I'd say we have four candidates for scum, because I think Asiina's claim holds up.

Me: I changed my musings about the Survivor's role in this, but I wasn't particularly committed. I can see how this is suspicious.
MMM: Pushing a Survivor lynch. I could see this either way.
Glowku: Dropped a random vote on me, made a couple minor comments agreeing with MMM, otherwise inactive.
Dongsbot: Completely MIA.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

I think my logic is sound.

it is

I think it stinks on another level and there's no need to call everybody else dumb for not following it

Asiina posted:

Don't you trust me, MMM?

:what:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i think its glowku fwiw but i havent read anything on p2 and only skimmed p1

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

Alright, so right now, I'd say we have four candidates for scum, because I think Asiina's claim holds up.

Me: I changed my musings about the Survivor's role in this, but I wasn't particularly committed. I can see how this is suspicious.
MMM: Pushing a Survivor lynch. I could see this either way.
Glowku: Dropped a random vote on me, made a couple minor comments agreeing with MMM, otherwise inactive.
Dongsbot: Completely MIA.

great post

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

And there's Dongsbot making my post wrong, so hey. I should type faster.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i think its glowku fwiw but i havent read anything on p2 and only skimmed p1

:agreed:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

sorry, this was rude

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

it is

I think it stinks on another level and there's no need to call everybody else dumb for not following it

:what:

I was joking about the trust thing.

I just meant that saying "lol survivor claim vote 3P! 3P is bad!" is dumb because it doesn't actually think about the setup at all.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

I was joking about the trust thing.

I just meant that saying "lol survivor claim vote 3P! 3P is bad!" is dumb because it doesn't actually think about the setup at all.

I feel like I've thought about this setup

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I also agree it could be Glowku.

Like I was really hoping only one person would go after the survivor thing, but since everyone has done it, that's annoying cause I was hoping to suss out scum D1.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

I also agree it could be Glowku.

Like I was really hoping only one person would go after the survivor thing, but since everyone has done it, that's annoying cause I was hoping to suss out scum D1.

wow you really must be playing on town's side!

maybe we should be careful about voting this one

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I feel like I've thought about this setup

You have now, but your original posts didn't sound like that, and things like dongs posting and glowku's posting sound frivolous.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Votecount for Day 1

Asiina (1): MMM Whatchya Say, dongsbot 9000, MMM Whatchya Say
The Lord of Hats (1): Mayor Glowku

Not Voting (3): Asiina, MMM Whatchya Say, The Lord of Hats

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 14th, 2016 at 2:40 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 21 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

dongsbot 9000 posted:

but i won't subscribe or read my pms for this first game

• Locked thread