Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
skyrim > morrowind

its just your lovely nostalgia infesting your weak brains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

skyrim > morrowind

its just your lovely nostalgia infesting your weak brains

shut the gently caress up you drat retard we tribin s00n

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I didn't play Morrowind until like 2014 well after both Oblivion and Skyrim and I will defend to the death that it is better than either. Nostalgia is not the explanation.

Oblivion is also better than Skyrim fyi, and this is because Skyrim is bad.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
skyrim is definitely one of the best games ever made

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
multiplayer team fps shooter or the arena

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
If it kept track of my hours I probably put 4-5 months into Morrowind. An HD remake would hold up very well. Skyrim is good stuff, and I liked Oblivion.

FO Vegas is awesome, wish Bethesda would let Obsidian make another FO game using the FO4 engine.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Skyrim feels more like interacting with a series of postcards than an actual world.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Chomp8645 posted:

I didn't play Morrowind until like 2014 well after both Oblivion and Skyrim and I will defend to the death that it is better than either. Nostalgia is not the explanation.

Oblivion is also better than Skyrim fyi, and this is because Skyrim is bad.

Lol

U have bad opinions and cannot be saved

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

skyrim is alright but morrowind had better exploration, rpg elements, questlines, art direction, poo poo even the npcs were better even though they didn't have voice acting. skyrim had better combat and that's it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Vegetable posted:

Every semi-recent PC RPG got shittier because they tried to tailor it to console players.

remember when people thought the Dragon Age series would be the beginning of a new wave of Baldur Gate-like tactical RPGs?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

also the dragons in skyrim were the lamest poo poo ever, they were boring as gently caress to fight against and were straight-up busted to a degree unseen even in elder scrolls games when skyrim first came out. considering how much they were hyped, it's pretty shocking how much of a nothing they were.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
skyrim is better than whatever other game your talking about

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
it's Thief you loving morons

Thief

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
+1 for NES Wreckin' Crew

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Unreal Tournament.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
a high point in my pitiful life was getting to level 50 of horde mode on Gears of War 3. Usually all my teammates would bail around level 20. Gears of War 3 is up there IMHO

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Kuato posted:

a high point in my pitiful life was getting to level 50 of horde mode on Gears of War 3.

try gettin to level 50 on NES Wreckin' Crew

you have achieved nothing in life

i hate everything
Oct 15, 2010
Devil Daggers

Perfect video game for people who like video games.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Cubey posted:

also the dragons in skyrim were the lamest poo poo ever, they were boring as gently caress to fight against and were straight-up busted to a degree unseen even in elder scrolls games when skyrim first came out. considering how much they were hyped, it's pretty shocking how much of a nothing they were.

I was thinking about doing a crazed stupid barbarian axeman replay of skyrim but i'm at a loss on how I'd kill dragons without putting all my skills in archery like list time through.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
chip's challenge

(i have never played chip's challenge)

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Borderlands 2

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
remember state of emergency? that game was actually good if you played it like a really violent crazy taxi

i got it on my OG xbox and it supported custom soundtracks so i loaded that fucker up with tons of drums n bass i got from morpheus and me0w and it was loving rad

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Love is one of the most beautiful games ever created. BUT WHY DID HE NAME IT LOVE?? Its basically impossible to find on google. awful choice to name it Love.

http://www.quelsolaar.com/love/

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Bloodborne? Or maybe Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Commander Keen was totally awesome, both trilogies. The franchise deserves more recognition for it's huge advancements in tech and gameplay on PC. It baffles me they haven't made any more games, one way or another.

Sticking with Doom though.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Cubey posted:

skyrim is alright but morrowind had better exploration, rpg elements, questlines, art direction, poo poo even the npcs were better even though they didn't have voice acting. skyrim had better combat and that's it.

Incidentally voice acting and gameplay are very important to me

Otherwise i might as well read one of those adventure books where you choose your own path

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Zzulu posted:

Me too, so I think Oblivion and Skyrim are worse than Morrowind.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Zzulu posted:

Otherwise i might as well read one of those adventure books where you choose your own path

if to you, gameplay just boils down to combat and nothing else, you should not be playing elder scrolls games because all of them have really bad combat

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Its dark souls, by the way.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Tyrian 2000 was really good that's probably almost as good as The Witcher 3 or Ultima VII

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Homestar Runner posted:

+1 for NES Wreckin' Crew

No joke, I was seriously considering starting up a website a few years ago called 'Wrecking Crew is better', and I would pick a thing (doesn't matter what, literally anything) and describe how Wrecking Crew was better than it. I didn't end up doing it because it's more like a 'funny for 5 seconds' idea, plus :effort:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

while wrecking crew is not my personal pick for best game ever, it does own extremely hard and i can't in good faith argue against anyone who says it's the best game ever.

i am going to hook my nes up and play wrecking crew.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Minecraft. Windows 10 edition.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
minecraft manages to be better than most of the poo poo garbage survival games cargo culting it though

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

nigga crab pollock posted:

minecraft manages to be better than most of the poo poo garbage survival games cargo culting it though

minecraft is a pretty good video game and a massive cultural touchstone, and if the criteria for 'best' includes 'most important on a wide scale' then minecraft stands virtually unopposed.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
skyrim is a masterpiece and i don't even like it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
minecraft is a bunch of poo poo

a bunch of games aping it came out in its wake and they were also all poo poo

its about as culturally important as angry birds

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016
Not the best of all time but Dead Space 2 was insanely awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Nation posted:

skyrim is a masterpiece and i don't even like it

more like a master piece of poo poo!

Actually it was okay I enjoyed running round headshotting the same 3 or 4 npcs and then arranging their corpses so they spelled out warnings to my enemies.

• Locked thread