Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Resident Evil 4. Why are we even having this discussion?

Barring that, Super Mario Bros 3.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

reallivedinosaur posted:

"crazy feet" was the best game but thats not its real name

i forget what it was really called because i was on acid when i played it

it was for snes and i rented it at jumbo video in canada??

gently caress yeah, Jumbo video! Free popcorn!

You from the east coast?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I do love MGS3 a whole lot, but Badger backs up my original vote:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

General Bullshit v.666: Death comes to us all › what is the best video game that has ever been made?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Tetris DS is the definitive version :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Jim Barris posted:

Morrowind was my first elder scrolls but I tried to go back and play daggerfall in the early 00's and it was impenetrable. I say this as someone who plays Nethack and it's progeny so I'm not exactly adverse to obscure mechanics but daggerfall just is not fun.

Daggerfall is one of my favourite games of all time, despite all of the faults.

Want to enjoy it? Well, there IS (going to be) a way!

http://www.dfworkshop.net (edit: this is a better link if you want to actually set up the game, rather than learn to mod for it - > http://www.dfworkshop.net/projects/daggerfall-unity/)

Dude is porting Daggerfall to Unity, and is going strong. Constant updates, posts a ton of info on Twitter, and already has preview builds up, and there are even at this stage mods you can download.

I mean LOOK AT THIS :eyepop:

https://twitter.com/gav_clayton/status/776535444716527616?s=09

Finally, the game that I saw in my mind while playing it way back in the 90s is ACTUALLY being made now. :toot:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 16, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The Dregs posted:

holy poo poo. Daggerfall was my dream game in the 90's. I was shocked when it was a buggy mess. I need this

You and me both, man... you and me both :toot::respek::toot:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Homestar Runner posted:

+1 for NES Wreckin' Crew

No joke, I was seriously considering starting up a website a few years ago called 'Wrecking Crew is better', and I would pick a thing (doesn't matter what, literally anything) and describe how Wrecking Crew was better than it. I didn't end up doing it because it's more like a 'funny for 5 seconds' idea, plus :effort:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

Also every guild in Skyrim was made for a clown at the circus.

I hated how you didn't have different chapters of guilds, you just had the ONE fighters guild (That involved a mandatory werewolf quest, none of this 'go kill these rats, because all you are is a janitor with a sword' type of low-level stuff), or ONE mages guild ('if you keep up with this quest-line, you'll be the be-all, end-all to the organization, so good luck!')

I realize that Morrowind also had a quest line for each of those guilds, but there was something about those quests that still felt so much more small and nuanced. Let me be some random low-life in my game, please; I've already played the main quest, let me do something else.

Therefore, Daggerfall is the best. :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Gamer With Dignity posted:

If it was a buggy mess then it will surely be more stable now that it's been ported to Unity which btw is never going to happen.

Ye of little faith :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Gamer With Dignity posted:

Yeah let me just port this entire game over to the world's shittiest engine for funsies. This is definitely a realistic goal and is going to produce something of quality comparable to a professional port.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zODAuR4_xpQ

All I'm saying is that the dude doing the Daggerfall port is actually competent and driven, unlike many, many other efforts from other people for other games. The insane amount of content from the actual game is more or less remaining intact (with bug fixes), he's not modelling and reanimating a horse, or having to manually create the game world.

I had my doubts before, but he's been going strong for about a year now, with pretty good progress. I guess time will tell, but I'm hopeful :shobon:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Nanomashoes posted:

I bet he gets hit with a C&D after releasing the best elder scrolls game in 10 years just like the metroid 2 remake.

Hopefully the fact that Arena and Daggerfall are legitimately free from Bethesda themselves will prevent this.

I hope so :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

Mutant League Football

Ooooh, gently caress yeah.

Also, 5-post penalty on the OP for flickin' boogers.

• Locked thread