Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I've noticed the 3rd and 5th games in a series have a very high chance of being good.

Megaman 3
MGS3
MGSV
GTA3
GTA5
Witcher 3
TES3: Morrowind
TESV: Skyrim
Dragon Age 3
Mother 3
S.T.A.L.K.E.R CoP
Red Faction: Guerilla

a bone to pick fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Homestar Runner posted:

playing through this again atm. hot dayum it is super difficult, NES has some v challenging games

When you get Rush you can use him to cheese through so many levels, abuse that dog

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUS_gytmTh0

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

Dragon Age 3? Different strokes different folks I guess

I've had a few strokes, yes, maybe that's why I like DA3

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Definitely not lovely-rear end Bloodborne

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Halo 2 and Reach were the best console FPSs of their time

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I would say MGS3 > MGSV

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
you can zoom in on Eva's, who is 100x a better-written character than Quiet.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
if kotor 2 was finished properly it would probably be GOAT

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I really like the lore and world-building in Witcher 3 but the gameplay is pretty weak.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Definitely not lovely-rear end Dark Souls.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

It's either Super Metroid or Doom or Just Cause 2 or Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon or Morrowind.

Games on/nearly on the same level:
Mario 64
Rise of Nations
the new Doom
Castlevania: SoTN

Why not JC3? Isn't it the same thing but ridiculousness x 1000?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
They made the combat a little better but it still feels floaty and ineffective as Geralt does ballet around his enemies.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Frog Act posted:

then why does everyone keep saying its like the best game ever, surely the generic fantasy story can't be that compelling

The lore, setting, atmosphere, writing, voice acting, graphics, and literally everything else about the game is fantastic.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Frog Act posted:

GTA 5 was really good all the way up to the very end when suddenly the story just fell flat on its face, and all the activities dropped off the map. also the multiplayer is unbelievably bad

Actually the multiplayer is extremely good now, they revamped a ton of poo poo for the PS4/ Xbone release. It used to be complete poo poo but now its really fun.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Actually NHL is the best sports game

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Gamer With Dignity posted:

What I gather from this thread is that The Witcher 3 has excellent voice acting and graphics and story and lore and world building and anything related to actual gameplay is very mediocre but gently caress you if you talk poo poo about it.

The gameplay isn't mediocre, its average.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

White Noise Marine posted:

Can't justify getting a console when I have a decent computer, are there any exclusives that would make it worth it yet?

gently caress no lol, some idiots will tell you bloodborne but its poo poo.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If your choice for best game ever is an indie game please quietly and quickly exit the thread, thanks.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Seg my nodehole

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
As a gamer, I've never had segs

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Yea, I never finished it tho cuz, as someone else said, it does really get boring after a while

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I would argue that CoD has completely changed modern FPSs, not that its a particularly great series, but everyone has copied poo poo from CoD and its hard to find good arena FPSs like Quake or Unreal now.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
joust is definitely a contender

has anyone mentioned pong?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Tetris is the best game made in Russia

Oh wait nvm, S.T.A.L.K.E.R is

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I find in Witcher 3 I'm spending most of my time selling all the bullshit I pick up off the ground, I'm too scared to sell any of my crafting ingredients though.

Inventory management has only been fun in 2 games, Diablo 2 and Deus Ex

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The elder scrolls 4 was pretty good, Halo 4 though.... don't even get me started

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I don't get why people hate on Oblivion, I thought it was rad as heck

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Dare talk to me, I won't make fun of you.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cubey posted:

because nearly every single aspect of it is a giant step back from morrowind, from the game world to the art direction to the looting system to the leveling system to the quest lines to the main quest (which wasn't even good at all in morrowind but was a whole lot worse in oblivion). shivering isles was alright though.

idk man, being 2 inches away from someone and having my attack miss, while every single action consumes my stamina is a pretty lovely experience in 2016.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cruising Altitude posted:

you should get pregnant like whiskey_bent d00d

How did GBS hurt you, you mentioned you got stalked irl or something? Let me know dude, I'm here to help.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
just download and play vanilla morrowind right now and tell me if the game is fun

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder how many people who had morrowind as their first elder scrolls game ever played daggerfall, I feel like the jump in quality between those 2 games is equatable to morrowind and oblivion

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
dare people would rather be your friend than your enemy, just tell me why you are doing this

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
skyrim is definitely one of the best games ever made

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Minecraft. Windows 10 edition.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Has anyone ever beaten an Elder Scrolls game? After a while I forget that they even have a main storyline.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
as much as I like skyrim they simplified the levelling way too much. Then you have FO4 which is like the stupidest leveling system imaginable and gives me no hope for the next elder scrolls.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I think 10 year old boys are the target audience for most videogames lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ROFLburger posted:

lol. borderlands was one of the least fun games i've ever played in my life

• Locked thread