Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/775823293781794816

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/775824842260115456

Seems to show that donations can get you a Federal position.

But the New York Times was saying that in 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this
tldr

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
dicking bimbos

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Bill is still dicking bimbos at home

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Getting sick of this election garbage. There's a sub forum for this

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
can i still be president some day if i poo poo my pants :ohdear:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Wizard Master posted:

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
this is real cheesy

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this
gasket stocks up by 4% in NYSE rally

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Wizard Master posted:

There's one for you too, bitch

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Wizard Master posted:

I'm getting real loving sick of you.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Nothing matters in this election & reality. When will this fact get through your thick Neanderthal skulls???????

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
tfw the OP can't tell the difference between today and yesterday

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

E1M1 posted:

There's one for you too, bitch

There is actually. It's called FYAD, where I would much rather post than waste my time with GBS.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Wizard Master posted:

There is actually. It's called FYAD, where I would much rather post than waste my time with GBS.

and yet you're still so compelled to wallow in our poo poo with us

btw our poo poo = ur posts

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Wizard Master posted:

maybe gtfo then jackass

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wizard Master posted:

This election is such a clusterfuck though, this isn't even just politics anymore

We just need Trump to kick Clinton physically off the stage and scream "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?"

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Wizard Master posted:

Please don't be rude, GBS is a place you can just hang out with your buds and "chill" wizard master

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

AARO posted:

Seems to show that donations can get you a Federal position.

But the New York Times was saying that in 2013
I'm the guy that donated $3M and didn't get an appointment.

This is actually a pretty lovely list that should have been revised a bit before publishing. "Total raised" means it was fundraising and not a personal donation, and they should eliminate the elected positions if not the people with previous experience. (Why should I care that Steve Westly was CFO for 4 years before he did fundraising for Hillary in 2008?)

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Wizard Master posted:

Almost all the big FYAD "stars" have been outed as being trashy fucks. So, please :getout: and go to where you fit in.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Well OP my guess is that it proves Wikileaks is a pile of horseshit with vested interests that have nothing to do with "transparency"

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

So turns out the top of American politics is as corrupt as other countries, it's just unlike other countries, the idiot populace wants to believe everything is legit

Despite decades of proof to the contrary, the American dream lives on

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Knight posted:

(Why should I care that Steve Westly was CFO for 4 years before he did fundraising for Hillary in 2008?)

All the other appointments came after the donations. Its basically paytoplay.xls

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
its the most impressive excel document i have seen in some time

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

SlipkPIe posted:

Well OP my guess is that it proves Wikileaks is a pile of horseshit with vested interests that have nothing to do with "transparency"

So you're saying this is a false flag

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

whoflungpoop posted:

dicking bimbos

dick the bimbos, Bill.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

AARO posted:

All the other appointments came after the donations. Its basically paytoplay.xls
More like "fund-raise $3M for a 33% chance of getting an ambassadorship.xls" in its current state. Cronyism is alive but this is Wikileaks throwing unfinished work at the wall for attention, like Assange announcing he'll release his medical records.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
hey guys I'm throwing a fundraising party! oh sorry you can't come, only my offshores are invited

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ambassadorships go to campaign donors?! Who knew, this is brand new information and not something everyone has known for decades!

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Fame Douglas posted:

Ambassadorships go to campaign donors?! Who knew, this is brand new information and not something everyone has known for decades!

There's a difference between "we all know about it" and having actual evidence.

This pattern of not really caring about these things is getting increasingly more worrisome. What exactly do elected officials need to do before their fans will go 'ok that was a foul?' At what point is it just openly one law for the elite and one law for everyone else?

The fact that bribery has all but been legislated out of existence doesn't suddenly make it ethical or okay. Hell if it's only $1-3m for diplomatic immunity sign me up that's cheap.

Knight posted:

More like "fund-raise $3M for a 33% chance of getting an ambassadorship.xls" in its current state. Cronyism is alive but this is Wikileaks throwing unfinished work at the wall for attention, like Assange announcing he'll release his medical records.

Oh alright well if the rich people are only buying like a ticket in a drawing for the title between 3-4 of them that's okay.

The mental hoops some people leap through.

Roylicious fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Sep 14, 2016

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Roylicious posted:

Oh alright well if the rich people are only buying like a ticket in a drawing for the title between 3-4 of them that's okay.

The mental hoops some people leap through.
Leap through for what? I'm not denying cronyism in our government or defending Crooked Hillary's honor, I'm saying "Here's a list of the top 6 fundraisers for Hillary's 2008 campaign with various political connections and experience in previous government positions: ONE OF THEM WAS APPOINTED AMBASSADOR? HMMMMM" is shoddy and unfinished work. Someone with work in the government tracing back to investigating Iran-Contra being confirmed as FCC Chairman doesn't point to corruption, it's just noise Wikileaks threw at us because they didn't want to do the legwork.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i dont care op

i hope everyone dies

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Wizard Master posted:

same

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
It proves this thread is like your mouth, fukkin garbage

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Yeah but is there a new season of modern family starting soon? I mean, who cares about all this politics stuff and Washington; not like it affects my life in any way. Right?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

William J. Bimbodicker

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
a lot of the donors give more money than they could possibly afford from their income making me wonder which are just surrogates for other rich people and which are surrogates for foreign nations looking to buy influence

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mr. Trump paid a charity $20k, for a painting of himself, out of money of his own foundation

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Talk about a real Bimbo Eruption!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Talking about politics online lends meaning to Jethro's Parable.

"When you decidin' whether or not to wrestle a pig, mind that two things will happen: You will get dirty and the pig will like it."

• Locked thread