Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Sekenr posted:

How come ambassador Austria or Czech Rebublic is cheaper than godforsaken South Africa??

Africa has resources like Neill Blomkamp and Die Antwoord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Sekenr posted:

How come ambassador Austria or Czech Rebublic is cheaper than godforsaken South Africa??

I'm gonna guess it's because it's easier for an ambassador to enrich him or herself in South Africa than Austria.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Chairman FCC is more concerning than all the ambassador positions combined.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Love the leaks about hacking the Gibson with the Wiccans and tarot cards, that stuff actually works and if you just socialize the trade timing regulations at exchanges and market makers more transparently and regulated then every1 can scam each other using memes and poo poo instead of robots wow

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Wizard Master posted:

Getting sick of this election garbage. There's a sub forum for this

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

notZaar posted:

Four years from now we're going to get 18 watered down Trumps vying for the nomination and it will be hilariously pathetic.

I can't wait to see the next edgy new Bush.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I genuinely think that if the unironic Trump bros of GBS and the die-hard Clintonites of D&D/C-SPAM devoted significant time to arguing with each other instead of just sniping at each other from the safety of their respective subforums they'd both come out of it as more well-balanced individuals and learn about a lot life, philosophy, ethics, and what it truly means to debate and discuss something

so what I'm saying is take it to D&D, OP

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

loquacius posted:

I genuinely think that if the unironic Trump bros of GBS and the die-hard Clintonites of D&D/C-SPAM devoted significant time to arguing with each other instead of just sniping at each other from the safety of their respective subforums they'd both come out of it as more well-balanced individuals and learn about a lot life, philosophy, ethics, and what it truly means to debate and discuss something

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone's getting shlonged except for Hillary :(

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

loquacius posted:

pretty sure it would end up with permabanned trump supporters for saying something racist like, "trump is good."

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe

Germstore posted:

pretty sure it would end up with permabanned trump supporters for saying something racist like, "trump is good."

trump is never good much like d.a.r.e. commercials except when

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm serious though :colbert:

Talking about politics in either place when your opinion is in the minority is loving intolerable and if they got used to the idea of talking to people who actually disagree with them on fundamental ideas, I could get away with disagreeing with them on tiny superficial points without getting dogpiled into the ground by zealots furiously fending off a strawman

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Germstore posted:

Pffft, you'd get sixers from Zoux and whatever other idiot kings are really mad at you at any given moment but nobody would get perma'd if they didn't deserve it

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Wizard Master posted:

There is actually. It's called FYAD, where I would much rather post than waste my time with GBS.

:getout:

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Clinton and Trump are the exact same. If you don't see this it's because you're weak of will and have low T.

Gamer With Dignity fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 15, 2016

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

loquacius posted:

Pffft, you'd get sixers from Zoux and whatever other idiot kings are really mad at you at any given moment but nobody would get perma'd if they didn't deserve it

Conversing with those that are ignorant toward any view but their own and view differing opinions as a character flaw is not enjoyable or constructive.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Gamer With Dignity posted:

Clinton and Trump are the exact same. If you don't see this it's because you're weak of will and have low T.
That's why they were afraid of releasing their medical records at the same time, it would be plain to see: Same height, same weight, same T-levels. They're the same.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

a dog from hell posted:

Conversing with those that are ignorant toward any view but their own and view differing opinions as a character flaw is not enjoyable or constructive.

yeah

that's what I'm saying

Talking to people who actually disagree with them on fundamental questions would teach them some perspective

If you only ever talk to people who fundamentally agree with you, your only disagreements will be over who is *~purer~* and you'll polarize and end up a parody of yourself. You see it on Tumblr and you see it on Freep. Gotta mix it up if you want to stay grounded.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
the thing is im right and you are wrong if you try to come at me you will feel my shlong

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

An escaped Hillary clone becomes self aware and tries to usurp the original. The original Hillary's body is rapidly degrading while waiting for another clone to finish maturing.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

loquacius posted:

The weirdest thing about this election is that I understand the opposing side better than my own. Sure, I think they're wrong and/or insane but I get the Trump enthusiasm. I will never understand how anyone could be enthusiastic about Hillary Clinton in anything but I just want the world to not explode sort of sense.

My question is how do we trade in this reality for Marty McFly's version with flying cars and jaws holograms?

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe

Knight posted:

That's why they were afraid of releasing their medical records at the same time, it would be plain to see: Same height, same weight, same T-levels. They're the same.

in the Republic of neutral, this would be like saying sugar coasting is real

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe

Germstore posted:

An escaped Hillary clone becomes self aware and tries to usurp the original. The original Hillary's body is rapidly degrading while waiting for another clone to finish maturing.

Hard to mass clone Hillary she is a rare type blah blah.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

InterFaced posted:

The weirdest thing about this election is that I understand the opposing side better than my own. Sure, I think they're wrong and/or insane but I get the Trump enthusiasm. I will never understand how anyone could be enthusiastic about Hillary Clinton in anything but I just want the world to not explode sort of sense.

My question is how do we trade in this reality for Marty McFly's version with flying cars and jaws holograms?

It's funny because Trump is basically Biff Tannen

and from what I can tell, the way they manage it is by (a) being really old and thus not on the Internet or (b) getting really defensive and circling the wagons at every whisper of dissent

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Trump brought back real estate records to young Trump. He unfortunately didn't have the information to tell him not to try to sell branded steaks.

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe
How many trump cards does anyone really even have tho? ./jaden smith thoughts

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knight posted:

They're both T-800s.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

loquacius posted:

yeah

that's what I'm saying

Talking to people who actually disagree with them on fundamental questions would teach them some perspective

If you only ever talk to people who fundamentally agree with you, your only disagreements will be over who is *~purer~* and you'll polarize and end up a parody of yourself. You see it on Tumblr and you see it on Freep. Gotta mix it up if you want to stay grounded.

No. They must be destroyed, you see.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Gamer With Dignity posted:

Actually one of them has a shlong and the other has a... whatever.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

Actually one of them has a shlong and the other is Donald Trump

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Yeah but you literally get probated if you talk poo poo about Hilldawg, I wouldn't bother.
I don't know who this "zoux" person is, but if he didn't have running sores, I'd make him kiss my rear end.

They scuttled that thread in a day cause the clinton trolls didn't have anybody to troll anymore.

It's. Her. Turn.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
trump raped teenage girls at epsteins parties and this is the minimum of how disgusting and evil someone has to be to be actually worse than hillary

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

whoflungpoop posted:

trump raped teenage girls at epsteins parties and this is the minimum of how disgusting and evil someone has to be to be actually worse than hillary

Didn't Bill Clinton also though

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
"raped" is a very strong word, let's just stick with "shlonged"

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Didn't Bill Clinton also though

i dont know did he leave a big mac wrapper in ur pussy

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

"raped" is a very strong word, let's just stick with "shlonged"

blackened

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

whoflungpoop posted:

what

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

If 8-bit scholar was raped by Bill Clinton, this would be a very rude comment.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I am c00l d00d on the internet. c00l man Dare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

No one seems to really be talking about it, because maybe it's unlikely both on the Clinton side and Trump side or maybe because Bill and Donald Eiffel towered a 13 year old. The world may never know.

• Locked thread