Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

small hendren posted:

The guys what made Torchlight have a new game coming out. Looks pretty good so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-juA6WPw7NA

drat, that looks great. is it proc generated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

drat, that looks great. is it proc generated?

I don't think so :shrug:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the end game maps are better looking than the story areas in poe lol

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

I have yet to see the maps *gets an idea for a build, starts another alt*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

That makes sense though because hasn't the game been in like roling development for years? I remember playing a while ago when it just had one or two acts.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

That makes sense though because hasn't the game been in like roling development for years? I remember playing a while ago when it just had one or two acts.

yeah, it's just nice that it wasn't a bunch of base assets lazily slapped together, or literally just story maps lifted with random enemies in them like diablo 3 lol.

i've even seen some completely new stuff in the maps. they really need to get rid of cruel difficulty already because this is the real meat of the game, it's really really fun

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The game would be much improved if you only had to beat the campaign once and then your just in maps.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I started playing Path of Exile. Reminds me of that thread here about seeing a really complicated UI for the first time and the feeling that you will master this some day. Holy moly

Pretty satisfying feel when you murk guys. Although not quite the crazy degree of rag doll in marvel heroes, so far at least.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

got a friend into this today and she loves it, and we're just on the slow boring beginnings. my only major complaint about the game is the inventory tetris really lol it gets annoying when 1/3rd of your inventory is all the currencies. i feel like all that should go in a separate pocket

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyone still fuckin with D2? im forced to play it instead of poe cause computer's hosed and it holds up pretty well

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Stuntman posted:

anyone still fuckin with D2? im forced to play it instead of poe cause computer's hosed and it holds up pretty well

if you have to play d2 i'd recommend getting eastern sun, it adds and fixes so much

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Make America graet again!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Oh cool

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfaoo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

got a friend into this today and she loves it, and we're just on the slow boring beginnings. my only major complaint about the game is the inventory tetris really lol it gets annoying when 1/3rd of your inventory is all the currencies. i feel like all that should go in a separate pocket

I wish I could buy a currency tab for my inventory

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I've been playing a lot of PoE but I still haven't gotten thru merciless difficulty because I keep making alts, on the upside I can finish normal difficulty pretty quickly now

Anyone playing in the Essence league? I like how essences work and the extra set of achievements for them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

essences are amazing. i think the health boost for the higher tiers is really excessive tho.

a screaming essence mob has more HP than a boss, and if they have the ice essence they spam icebolt nova a ridiculous amount and you need to chip away at them with chilled attack speed lol

otherwise, probably the best league ever

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lol.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

if you have to play d2 i'd recommend getting eastern sun, it adds and fixes so much
thanks for the suggestion, is there any realm/ladder type poo poo for it or SP only? (i dont know dick about d2 modding)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you can easily play w/ a friend using hamachi and whatnot, but server stuff is messy. there was a ~goon~ version with working servers but it's lost to time

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
eastern sun is really good. it pretty much fixes D2 and adds a bunch of cool poo poo aside.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
agh, damnit, please don't make me want to play eastern sun again

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Median XL is really good, as far as d2 mods. It's also getting a huge update, called sigma, which is actually a new codebase allowing custom areas to be placed into the game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so i ran a map with the affix "otherworldly creatures will be drawn to slain foes" or something like that :stare:

the map also got a huge boost to monster pack size, so everytime i blew up a cluster of enemies some horrible boss would spawn lmfao i got like 5 uniques in that one map

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i leveled up zana and i can put that affix on any map for a few chaos :staredog:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

:siren: http://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-is-recreating-diablo-1-in-diablo-3-and-the-necromancer-is-coming-too/ :siren:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I have been playing nothing but the PoE races this weekend

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

hot drat

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

path of exile maps now have a new final boss, he controls space and time and he'll corrupt existing bosses and give them additional cosmic-looking attacks, like a very powerful unique affix. they also drop way more poo poo. i keep saying this but they really need to cut the campaign down to 2 runs already lol this poo poo is so awesome

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

path of exile maps now have a new final boss, he controls space and time and he'll corrupt existing bosses and give them additional cosmic-looking attacks, like a very powerful unique affix. they also drop way more poo poo. i keep saying this but they really need to cut the campaign down to 2 runs already lol this poo poo is so awesome

iirc they're going to eventually cut out cruel along adding act 5, of 10 planned acts.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in marvel heroes the postgame bosses tend to have a Cosmic affix where they do similar things, summoning black holes and stuff randomly and it feels like a better executed verision of that

marvel heroes is a game bursting with cool ideas and content that doesn't hold up because it all looks and feels like poo poo lol

e:

qnqnx posted:

iirc they're going to eventually cut out cruel along adding act 5, of 10 planned acts.

:staredog: :psyboom:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

10 acts is too much. 5 is pushing it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

10 acts is too much. 5 is pushing it

i feel the game is long enough already lol. especially if the fifth act is a true full act and not a mini-episode like 4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wouldn't mind 10 acts/tilesets if each act was like a half hour long

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I wouldn't mind 10 acts/tilesets if each act was like a half hour long

thats how long they are now :smug:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They take forever if your me and can't resist clearing every side area even in Normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

marvel heroes is a game bursting with cool ideas and content that doesn't hold up because it all looks and feels like poo poo lol

This. It's also the wrong genre of game (ARPG) instead of something fun

• Locked thread