Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

sector_corrector posted:

/me thinks about having to go through all of the tombs to assemble a horadric cube in the year 2016 and begins to sweat heavily

Act 2 took so long when you were rushing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Getting a tele maphack sorc was so clutch

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I got one of those eth vortex shields with some crazy runeword, on my paladin. I have yet to see another one drop, and it has perfect resists for its base stat. Too bad I couldnt, or well, didn't want to try e-bugging it in case I didn't get the slots I needed. I did manage to ebug my mercs armor and get him a perfect Andy's visage and an incredible roll on his polearm runeword for max meditation and close to max damage.

I use the Fort runeword on the pally and not that teleport one, that's too easy/boring. Also he's hybrid zeal/smite.

RIP my level 84 sorc that has 800% MF.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Remember how valuable Zod was

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Yes, now it's only used in a few weapons I think.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Because bots obviously. I should bot. Kinda takes some fun away, though. The whole point is being on the treadmill, not watching someone else run on it.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

gently caress grinding!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
among other things the best thing about eastern sun is how many uniques drop, and building a cool character is really about smart strategies instead of running a cookie cutter build and buying six specific pieces of loot

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think anyone who plays vanilla d2 today is completely insane

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

modding d1 to be more like d2 is also dumb. i can just play poe lol

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Still to this day you can bug out an ethereal item by doing the slot addition recipe in the cube. It adds insane defense to the item, like my armor is 2000+ defense. Only really usable on a merc or an indestructible item.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

modding d1 to be more like d2 is also dumb. i can just play poe lol

Fuuuuuu you should play it before you poo poo

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Not to mention the mod restores missing/unfinished content. There are 10 whole quests that the author found the dialogue, text logs, and map files for, then completed and added them. Also the page or two of spells that were not added that existed in the beta.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I think BBG told me to get Grim Dawn maybe illl get it in treat yourself Friday

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I will absolutely play that. I just can't host lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grim dawn isn't anything special but it's not bad. I prefer PoEs mechanics but TQ with mods and vanilla GD are a lot more fun loot wise

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

grim dawn sucks and everyone should just play poe

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

They're all good in their own way :)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

grim dawn sucks and everyone should just play poe

Sometimes you want to play a slightly different game. Like playing EU4 over CK2

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Kazvall posted:

They're all good in their own way :)

Which one would be best for someone that starts a shitton of characters but barely ends the game with one

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

qnqnx posted:

Which one would be best for someone that starts a shitton of characters but barely ends the game with one

Thats easy. Ironman runs or hardcore.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kazvall posted:

Thats easy. Ironman runs or hardcore.

Wtf.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
drat

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Ironman mode:

Starting as a fresh character, usually with a friend or two, not always. Only being able to spend your starting gold in town, and once venturing out, never coming back to buy anything, or have anything identified, or get healed. Only talking to NPCs to further quest triggers. You can only progress through content and not repeat anything. The idea is to play until you die or cannot progress any more through normal means.

I would love to do this with teams and have PvP flags active after level 10 and see who lasts longest.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whichever d2 mod it was that added the insane OP necro summon but the balance for it was that if you died, it turned into a nearly unkillable enemy, is probably the coolest summon I've seen in a game. Good memories of trying to spawn new ones to kill the old ones and suddenly it spiraled out of control and there were 8 megafuckers chasing our group around for half an hour

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

In Grim Dawn you pick two classes and can respec at any time. So it's a bit more open ended. PoE is more about figuring out a niche and building on it over time.

When I'm unsure of what class/build to do, I think of what I want to do and find the class(es) that work for that. My suggestion for hardcore when you have altitis is because it quickly solidifies what you are good at, and what works, and solves the problem of alts entirely because you dead son.

Kazvall fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 16, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Kazvall posted:

Durry without that freeze ignore unique on a melee class was rough.

even with the freeze ignore durry would freeze you with lag and punch you in the loving mouth like mike tyson before you could do anything

rip so many frost sorcs

Kazvall posted:

Ironman mode:

Starting as a fresh character, usually with a friend or two, not always. Only being able to spend your starting gold in town, and once venturing out, never coming back to buy anything, or have anything identified, or get healed. Only talking to NPCs to further quest triggers. You can only progress through content and not repeat anything. The idea is to play until you die or cannot progress any more through normal means.

I would love to do this with teams and have PvP flags active after level 10 and see who lasts longest.
my buddies and i used to do this in d2 and call it a nomad run. only we would not return to town after we left it for any reason, unless it was 100% required to keep going forward (most typically, end of the act). so no skill from akara for the den of evil until after andy, no mercs at all until after andy, etc

it was insanely fun actually, though pvp would probably gently caress it up at least in d2 just because it could mean that people could get stuck in an act if they weren't around for big boss kill credit

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

GorfZaplen posted:

The arpg Nox is free on Origin right now, complete with the coop expansion
I never actually completed Nox single player but the pvp mode was insanely fun

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the angle on nox is so high that i feel like im falling forward playing it

mega wierd

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
does d1 run on w10

Sekret
Dec 6, 2001
Curse you, Massive Genitals!
PoE is a blast for the first couple weeks of each new season.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

The Milkman posted:

does d1 run on w10

The HD mod is pretty easy to run. You might need a color fix or something if you plan to do just vanilla.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
worth noting that when i tried last year, battle.net still supported d1 as well, so if you've never played it's still a prime time to give the game a shot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is PoE cool now? I think i tried playing it forever ago

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Is PoE cool now? I think i tried playing it forever ago

its the best arpg out right now imo. they've kept making changes for the better and its all added up really well. plus the current season gimmick rules

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
PoE is a god tier ARPG

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in nightmare im running into essence mobs that roll with multiple essense buffs and theyre actually really dangerous lol its awesome

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Kazvall posted:

The HD mod is pretty easy to run. You might need a color fix or something if you plan to do just vanilla.

ok. is the HD mod recommended then?

i've never played it before i was just thinking about it because i found the battle chest cleaning out piles of game boxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im gonna be playing lots of poe tonight, msg me on steam or whatever if you wanna do a new run

• Locked thread