Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

kayakyakr posted:

So post SDCC, I'm hung up on the idea that Coulson is and has been a Skrull.

Just going to leave that there for y'all to daydream about for a bit.
I mean, it'll hinge on whether the show survives long enough to crossover with Captain Marvel and whether it'll be allowed to crossover with Captain Marvel if it survives that long. :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

But they put Kree DNA in him.

That means Coulson is Hulkling.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

TFRazorsaw posted:

But they put Kree DNA in him.

That means Coulson is Hulkling.

Exactly.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Huh wonder why there weren't any Shield announcements at SDCC now that I think about it

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

achillesforever6 posted:

Huh wonder why there weren't any Shield announcements at SDCC now that I think about it

because it's not airing for another six months after Inhumans.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

achillesforever6 posted:

Marvel had an announcement about Agents of SHIELD at SDCC, and it was "That's still on?"

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Season Four ended with Phil on a space station so it's not like setting up Skrull stuff is out of the realm of possibilities. Worse shows have gone seven seasons and it's not like ABC is filled with ratings darlings. Although clearly if anyone is going to be a Skrull it'll be "hey, why aren't you dead this year?" Grant Ward.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I hope there isn't any Secret Invasion "Who's a Skrull?" stuff. It was fun when they briefly played with it during LMD, but dragging it out for too long sucks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
AoS won't be around by the time SI is in theaters.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Rhyno posted:

AoS won't be around by the time SI is in theaters.
I want to believe. :(

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And if it somehow does manage to stick around, you guys are thinking too small.

No one's a Skrull.

But Daisy's guantlets are.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Kree? Skrull?

Krull?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Is Hulkling a Krull?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Habibi posted:

Kree? Skrull?

Krull?

Fidget spinners were way cooler when I was a kid

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
GISing that led me to uncover that Liam Neeson was in that movie. Mind blown.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

It's also signal handedly responsible for the idea of a glaive as a throwing weapon, when real life glaives were pole arms.

It's a neat little tidbit that shows how loving inbred fantasy fiction and video games are.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Habibi posted:

Its a very weird movie because it is set in a fantasy world but the bad guy is a space alien and all his stuff is technology.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Its a very weird movie because it is set in a fantasy world but the bad guy is a space alien and all his stuff is technology.

It's weird back then, but it getting increasingly common lately between Doctor Strange being in the MCU, Joel Edgerton playing an LA orc cop, or cartoons where magic warriors use smartphones.

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness

Strom Cuzewon posted:

It's also signal handedly responsible for the idea of a glaive as a throwing weapon

This is the first time I've heard of this are there any other examples?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Nothing But Hate posted:

This is the first time I've heard of this are there any other examples?

Night Elves in Warcraft are probably the worst offenders for whom the "glaive", which is a weird amalgam of IRL chakram and hunga munga, is used as both a melee weapon, throwing weapon (that functions like a boomerang), and siege munitions (instead of, say, ballista bolts or cannonballs).

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 27, 2017

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Keith David has joined the cast of New Warriors.

lomzus fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jul 27, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Habibi posted:

If I remember correctly he plays the cyclops so they have him under a ton of prosthetics.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If I remember correctly he plays the cyclops so they have him under a ton of prosthetics.

No, he's one of the bandit-y dudes.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

homullus posted:

No, he's one of the bandit-y dudes.

Oh yeah, that's right, I was getting my heroic sacrifices in the final dungeon confused.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

lomzus posted:

I had to google to remember who he was, but here's the article for a refresher:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel/marvels-new-warriors-adds-enlisted-actor-keith-david-in-a-villainous-recurring-role-a152870

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

lomzus posted:

Needs to be a Guardians crossover so rocket can tell him to eat out of the trash can.

"Not this year"

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Mover posted:

Needs to be a Guardians crossover so rocket can tell him to eat out of the trash can.

"Not this year"

Please get a job at Marvel, and make this happen, tia!!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

The movie's weirdly coy about that, though. The Beast (I've seen Krull way too many times) is part Giger-esque alien, part demon, all buying totally into the fantastic prophecy of this little backwater medieval planet. And his troops use frickin' one-shot laser guns. (Also, the prophecy states that "their son will rule the galaxy." ...How, exactly? Not to spoil the ending, but the Black Fortress (the only spaceship in the setting) blows up and the bits fly up back into space, so are we supposed to believe these people go from D&D Campaign Setting to FTL Space Age tech level in one human lifetime?!)

And yet...the acting is pretty solid throughout. Even the generic fantasy hero (who also played Eddington on Deep Space Nine) displays a moment of genuine grief for his family, before Freddie Jones Obi-wans him onto the main story quest. It's fun to see early performances from some cinematic powerhouses like Neeson, Robbie Coltrane, etc. (The score is pretty interesting as well, even if it's just James Horner ripping himself off from Wrath of Khan again.)

All in all, Krull is an exceptionally good not-very-good movie. There are worse ways to waste an evening. ...like, say, waiting through a random hiatus for more S1 SHIELD.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm never, ever talking poo poo about Season 1 now that Inhumans exists.

Behold,

https://youtu.be/rhVmE33VBXw

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Behold,

:negative:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
when it started I was like, "Medusa's hair should be moving all the time." Then they made it move and I was like, "No, please staaaaaaaaaaaahp"

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
People have seen the pilot. The reviews are universally negative. "Scott Buck's worst work yet" is being said.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
They should juxtapose that with pretty much any other scene that Iwan Rheon has been in to show how much directing matters.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Behold,

Honestly that clip makes me want to watch it more than ever, because what the gently caress guys.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Behold,

"This Inhumans show, it's really got too much going for it, why don't we air the premier and then wait an entire month to start the normal episodes, that'll give the white hot hype a chance to cool off"
-A producer who is really going places in this industry

Apoplexy posted:

"Scott Buck's worst work yet" is being said.

God drat savage.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Apoplexy posted:

People have seen the pilot. The reviews are universally negative. "Scott Buck's worst work yet" is being said.
I feel like this Inhumans show was a tax writeoff at this point

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

I feel like this Inhumans show was a tax writeoff at this point

This whole Inhuman thing is an Issac Perlmutter vanity project, isn't it? Not just this series, their appearance in AoS and their resurgence in the comics too. Kevin Feige certainly doesn't want it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Apoplexy posted:

That's the most damning statement I've ever heard

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Behold,

I'm sure it will look even better in IMAX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

The bit when the hair grabs Ramsay is passable at least, but why the heck is it randomly twitching during the conversation? It looks like a dying hamster.

• Locked thread