Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double nine
Aug 8, 2013

This teal/orange fixation has gone too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Portal 3 looking good! :wcc:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Ohh she was in the Expanse, that's why she looked so familiar.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jusupov posted:

Dmn it, that's what was bugging me. Thanks,

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
I was trying to draw attention to the similarities between the gap in Trump's spray tan and the alien's eye markings but this:

Kheldarn posted:

Portal 3 looking good! :wcc:

made me lol

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

They've said they're doing "pods" again, and that this one will be 10 episodes from what I hear, so there's seven more of futureland, I think.
There's probably going to be at least one with Fitz in the past present during that though, but yeah.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Jusupov posted:

AoS spoiling Julie's fate, bastards.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

TFRazorsaw posted:

They've said they're doing "pods" again, and that this one will be 10 episodes from what I hear, so there's seven more of futureland, I think.

That's good...I've been a staunch defender of this show since basically S02E01, but this is the first time since season 1 that I really haven't been feeling it.

It's not that its badly made or anything or written bad I'm just not really feeling it at all. I was excited at the end of the last season when the teaser showed Coulson in space because to some degree I thought they'd be in space with some degree of agency and/or having some type of adventure. I'm not jazzed about the fact that they're all slaves in a dimly lit space mining colony or whatever. It kinda feels like its Babylon 5 or whatever. Just makes me feel kind of uncomfortable. And the fact that this is all apparently happening for them immediately after the Aida/Matrix ordeal and they haven't even had one day to rest up just really makes me feel secondhand exhaustion.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I doubt the slavery thing is going to last long. I'm cool with this as they've set up some pretty interesting mysteries that the show has never failed to answer them before. Pretty sure what is going to happen is Quake is going to put in the arena, but Simmons has hosed with her inhibitor and she's able to go all ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED and bring down the Kree.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Also, I'm not going to lie, seeing Simmons (a strong competent female character that we've grown attached to over the last four years) turned into a mute sex slave for a weird blue alien just feels loving wrong and kind of disgusting.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

bbf2 posted:

Also, I'm not going to lie, seeing Simmons (a strong competent female character that we've grown attached to over the last four years) turned into a mute sex slave for a weird blue alien just feels loving wrong and kind of disgusting.

I think people are going to jump on you for saying this -- and yeah, she's not explicitly a sex slave, she's more a pretty ornament with bonus utility -- but yeah, it's weird and gross in universe while also being uncomfortable to watch. That, and Yoyo being tortured and May getting a pipe through her leg (i.e. most of the women getting abused) were a big sticking point with a friend who I watched the premier with. I wasn't personally affected, but I see his point.

Inevitably this is all set up to establish this universe as the darkest timeline so we'll be basically fine with it being erased, but it's still uncomfortable to watch.

(I'm enjoying the season though.)

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Dec 11, 2017

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Hopefully the second pod this season is a comedy of errors as the SHIELD team takes a vacation. After a brief hospital stay.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I would watch a pod of the characters in their downtime. Could be fun.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
The gang takes a fabulous tropical beach vacation to hotel Lernean on Nottatrap island.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mokinokaro posted:

I would watch a pod of the characters in their downtime. Could be fun.

I really want to see what Mack does on his day off.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Rhyno posted:

I really want to see what Mack does on his day off.

I could have sworn this was an actual episode already. Hang out with his brother and work on motorcycles?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

SpikeMcclane posted:

I could have sworn this was an actual episode already. Hang out with his brother and work on motorcycles?

It was, and his brother had no idea what Mack actually did for a living. I think they get attacked by the Watchdogs?

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

That's right! And it's the episode where he makes the first working prototype of the shotgun axe!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: P.T.O.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Open Source Idiom posted:

I think people are going to jump on you for saying this -- and yeah, she's not explicitly a sex slave, she's more a pretty ornament with bonus utility -- but yeah, it's weird and gross in universe while also being uncomfortable to watch. That, and Yoyo being tortured and May getting a pipe through her leg (i.e. most of the women getting abused) were a big sticking point with a friend who I watched the premier with. I wasn't personally affected, but I see his point.

Inevitably this is all set up to establish this universe as the darkest timeline so we'll be basically fine with it being erased, but it's still uncomfortable to watch.

(I'm enjoying the season though.)

Mack got sucker punched a few times, too while he was magnetized to the wall.

Only Coulson hasn't been abused in some way so far.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

To be fair, he's a very charming negotiator.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I feel like having your hand cut off gets you a pass for the next few.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I can see where people are coming from re Jemma, but I think the director is doing a good job of showing that even now she is still a good agent : she is gathering intel despite being made deaf and piecing the information together in a traumatic situation, and clearly shows she still thinks of others in such dire straits. I think it shows the real strength of her character.

May too is getting a low key chance to show determination and perseverance in a less fighty fighty way than normal.

I'm rambling sorry , as much as I like seeing women kick rear end chewing gum, I also like to see other kinds of strength.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

tessiebee posted:

I can see where people are coming from re Jemma, but I think the director is doing a good job of showing that even now she is still a good agent : she is gathering intel despite being made deaf and piecing the information together in a traumatic situation, and clearly shows she still thinks of others in such dire straits. I think it shows the real strength of her character.

Jemma's in a real bad place right now for trying to be a good person. She's nobody's victim, at some point she's going to see a way out (probably Daisy, they don't know she and Quake know each other) and gently caress some people up. I'm confident in it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is it just me or does Deke seem like someone said "Get me the non-Union equivalent of Dan Stevens!"

Although I did just realize where I recognized him from, he played the shitbag who was trying to keep people in the No-End House on the latest season of Channel Zero.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I mean the Deke thing is the El Classico of fake betrayals in this show. If Deke does take the money, he'll use it to pay off Tess and the crew's debt instead or something like every dude who tries to not fall in love with Quake. Also, I have a feeling that Simmons is keeping track of a million things silently, knows the crew is coming and is on that deep recon. Kassius doesn't seem like he's really that perceptive.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Simmons' suffering is not yet over. She must endure greater hardships.

Also, she's the smartest person on the team right now, so if anyone's going to figure out how to defeat mute silver, it'll be her.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Coffee Mugshot posted:

I mean the Deke thing is the El Classico of fake betrayals in this show. If Deke does take the money, he'll use it to pay off Tess and the crew's debt instead or something like every dude who tries to not fall in love with Quake. Also, I have a feeling that Simmons is keeping track of a million things silently, knows the crew is coming and is on that deep recon. Kassius doesn't seem like he's really that perceptive.

I mean, perhaps. Or perhaps Deke is just banking on Quake dying in the arena so she can never destroy the earth.

But yeah, his betrayal isn't Ward level. Definitely "redeemable" or whatever the word we're using these days.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Are people reading it as a full on betrayal? I took it as a play he was making so he could rescue her later, especially since he dropped the "I play the long game" line. Him doing nothing would've lead to more renewals / a ton of people dying when Daisy was eventually caught.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dude playing Kassius is reminding me of Andy Hallet's time as Lorne on Angel.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

RIP

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Andy Hallet or this show -- ratings are so baaad.

(Though they just filmed their 100th episode, which is lovely.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Andy Hallet

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Do you see what I mean? Dude has this elegant way of speaking and moving and with the makeup it just screams Lorne to me.

I'm sad now btw

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yes, now that you mention it I totally see what you're talking about.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Rhyno posted:

Dude playing Kassius is reminding me of Andy Hallet's time as Lorne on Angel.

Oh drat you're right they do look similar. :smith:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

PierreTheMime posted:

The gang takes a fabulous tropical beach vacation to hotel Lernean on Nottatrap island.

Come on, it would obviously be Tahiti.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

sticklefifer posted:

Come on, it would obviously be Tahiti.

It's a magical place.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

muscles like this! posted:

Is it just me or does Deke seem like someone said "Get me the non-Union equivalent of Dan Stevens!"

I would've said the non-union Bradley Cooper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Loved that zoom-in on the Lighthouse right at the start.

Really showed that it was actually a massive underground base.

• Locked thread