Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
You're all wrong - she is clearly "Great".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I think season 1 benefits a ton from knowing where the characters are going. There's a bunch of little stuff sprinkled throughout that references later stuff that you'd probably only see if you knew the future at the time.

Daisy's dad rules tho

Other question is did the moon in humans know about the earth in humans at tranquility and vice versa?

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

ookiimarukochan posted:

I thought that Medusa's hair was supposed to look amazing once the CGI was done? It still looks like a poo poo-tier cosplay wig

Speaking of hair, I did like how Aida's hair, once becoming human, went from perfect to a right mess as everything started to fall apart for her.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Habibi posted:

More like Dime Bag Wolverine.

Or if we think instead of Neuromancer, Slumdog Molly Millionaire.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Milana Vayntrub is going to be Squirrel Girl on New Warriors. Awesome, she's great.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/milana-vayntrub-is-your-live-action-squirrel-girl-1796783215

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

sticklefifer posted:

Milana Vayntrub is going to be Squirrel Girl on New Warriors. Awesome, she's great.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/milana-vayntrub-is-your-live-action-squirrel-girl-1796783215

I never would've expected them to cast her, but on reflection she's pretty close to perfect for the part. Serendipity!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I don't know anything about her. And her IMDB doesn't really help me either. I guess Squirrel Girl in a marvel show is a step above "Subway Rat Woman" in the recent ghost busters movie.

Anyway, I am quite certain that they can make something good out of that.

Oh wait, she was the main guys ex in "Love"! (What a stupid title for a show.) Well, she seemed nice.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jul 10, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

sticklefifer posted:

The... AT&T girl?

Okay, sure.

I can see why they didn't pick Barb or Anna Kendrick, Freeform doesn't historically have a huge budget, and those two aren't exactly nobodies at this point.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Kristen Schaal is and will forever remain the only acceptable squirrel girl.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The... AT&T girl?

Okay, sure.

I can see why they didn't pick Barb or Anna Kendrick, Freeform doesn't historically have a huge budget, and those two aren't exactly nobodies at this point.

I would think Milana is a good few salary levels above Shannon Purser.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
God drat, Milana is perfect for the role and will totally steal the show.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

Kristen Schaal is and will forever remain the only acceptable squirrel girl.

That's a weird way of spelling Ellie Kemper.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

cant cook creole bream posted:

I don't know anything about her. And her IMDB doesn't really help me either. I guess Squirrel Girl in a marvel show is a step above "Subway Rat Woman" in the recent ghost busters movie.

Anyway, I am quite certain that they can make something good out of that.

Oh wait, she was the main guys ex in "Love"! (What a stupid title for a show.) Well, she seemed nice.

I, also, checked IMDB. The only thing I've seen her in was in "If Google Was A Guy Part 2". That still tells me nothing.

The... AT&T girl?

Okay, sure.

Oh. Alright.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Norwegian Rudo posted:

I would think Milana is a good few salary levels above Shannon Purser.

Probably, but Shannon has more buzz.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
If Yahoo still has their video thing up, watch Other Space. Milana is awesome in that.

Good for her, she deserves a big break.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Probably, but Shannon has more buzz.

And as I pointed out in another thread, she is not a good actress. She has the look for SG but she isn't lead material.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
You're right, that probably factored in there somewhere.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Rhyno posted:

And as I pointed out in another thread, she is not a good actress. She has the look for SG but she isn't lead material.

Yeah. She was terrible in Riverdale.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Slingshot received an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Short Form Comedy or Drama Series.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Kheldarn posted:

I, also, checked IMDB. The only thing I've seen her in was in "If Google Was A Guy Part 2". That still tells me nothing.

She does a lot of internet comedy content, she's been on @midnight a bunch of times, and she's a recurring role on This Is Us.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Hot Toys Reveals Agents of SHIELD’s Ghost Rider Figure

There is a slide show, but this is the image at the top of the page.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Too bad there's no alternate Robbie head.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Too bad there's no alternate Robbie Mack/Coulson head.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
As much as it won't happen, I'd love to see the SHIELD cast in the background of Infinity War when Maria Hill turns up.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Daisy waves as if to say "hi mom", only to realize and then lowers her hand, sadly.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Then she remembers her dad is still alive, so waves to say "Hi dad!", then realizes and lowers her hand again, even sadder than before.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Andrew_1985 posted:

As much as it won't happen, I'd love to see the SHIELD cast in the background of Infinity War when Maria Hill turns up.

My thought was to have them in the background of some big battle on earth. At least Daisy.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

My thought was to have them in the background of some big battle on earth. At least Daisy.

I've always wanted Iron Man and Daisy to meet. Tony shakes her hand and says some patronising comment about Coulson's cute intern. She smiles sweetly, vibrates his armor off, and hands him the robohand.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

BreakAtmo posted:

I've always wanted Iron Man and Daisy to meet. Tony shakes her hand and says some patronising comment about Coulson's cute intern. She smiles sweetly, vibrates his armor off, and hands him the robohand.

I remember when Daisy was first learning to use her powers, she was doing cool stuff like moving water and targeting a mountain 50 miles away. The "everything has vibrations" stuff.

Now it's like "nope. Just earthquakes and rocket jumps. That's it."

The fact that she could vibrate the portal to that other planet open was not treated as a logical evolution of her abilities because she's never done anything else like that. it was another one-off. And doing it beat the crap out of her.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Earthquakes and rocketjumps are the most effective moves unless she wants to start murdering people by giving them an aneurism or heart attack.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Remember that time Daisy vibrated through those handcuffs?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
There was a bit where she just straight up made some random goon's handguns vibrate in to pieces, too.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It's due to every live action super heroes arch nemesis: The SFX Budget. :argh:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Didn't she straight up break someone's arm or leg or something? Just grabbed hold and shattered the bone.

Also there was the vibrohug she shared with Simmons. That was a cute usage of her power.

I don't think there's any additional development left in her powers. Part of hive's special ability was to immediately teach inhumans how to maximize their special powers. They didn't indicate anywhere that they actually lose that knowledge once being out from under hive's influence.

The only things left for her to improve on are integrating it into her other skills (ie hitty punchy stuff).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Remember that time Fitz shot a guy with a liquid nitrogen flare and Daisy vibrated him into a slushy?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Daisy did straight up crush Malick to death. Also Daisy could probably easily do this to humans if she was pissed enough.

http://i.imgur.com/qLLlHtI.gifv

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Plus she completely neutralized Nitro by vibrating at the same frequency he used to explode.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Remember that time Fitz shot a guy with a liquid nitrogen flare and Daisy vibrated him into a slushy?

A what?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slush_(beverage)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
So post SDCC, I'm hung up on the idea that Coulson is and has been a Skrull.

Just going to leave that there for y'all to daydream about for a bit.

• Locked thread