Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Jetfire posted:

I'm really happy the loud short-haired agent (Piper?) is back.

Briana Venskus was a DEO agent on Supergirl as well. As roles to be typecasted as, 'Government agent who works with superheroes' is pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I'm just sad we didn't get to see late-time-slot Agent Carter.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I love how everyone screamed 'ghost rider knock-off' at last season's fire chain, and here it ends up being where he gets it from.

Really, this show has just gone insane with what they've been allowed to adapt. If I had said 'Season 4, Quake vs. Ghost Rider' back in 2013, you would've called me high, and you probably would've been right.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

WarLocke posted:

There was a miniseries? I thought the movie with Raoul Julia was the only live-action SF we ever got?

http://www.streetfighteraf.com

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

Last night's episode jumped the shark. What a completely unbelievable Orwellian nightmare full of terrible, uninteresting new characters.

Added extra justification for the thread title though.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

There's a new Marvel vs. Capcom game coming out, so I'm hoping for some AoS characters to show up. Coulson, May, and Daisy seem possible, but I'm rooting for Mack with the Shotgun Axe.

The best we can hope for is Quake voiced by Chloe Bennett, I think. Which would be awesome all by itself, frankly.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

bloodychill posted:

I could see Quake and maybe Coulson since he played a medium-sized role in the MCU and he's still a fan favorite across the MCU and AoS.

The only issue I see with Coulson is that given his lack of powers, he would likely have to be a gun-focused character, which will almost certainly be a role filled by an RE hero - probably Leon.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Spergatory posted:

Yeah, the only way I can really see SHIELD characters getting in is if they have special "assist" characters like they did in MvC1 that you can summon but not really play as. Call Coulson in for a rocket punch, or Fitzsimmons for a SCIENCE BEAM, or Quake for a... you know... quake.

Assists have already been confirmed as not in the game. Hopefully it shakes things up.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

kayakyakr posted:

That'd be OK. He's got enough unique stuff that he could be interesting: base weapon is an icer, some melee stuff to regain range, rocket punch as a melee special, destroyer gun (from the avengers) as a ranged special, robot hand shield, maybe the ability to call in strikes. There's certainly enough uniqueness there to make him an interesting character.

Fair ideas. Though I DEMAND a Lola super.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Poor Nathanson. Now he is truly lost. :(

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

flosofl posted:

She was also in a scene that has best evil villain line uttered on film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlhOUyy4wbs

Shame she wasn't there for the Superior's takedown since Coulson was basically Heroic Bison in that scene.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

boxen posted:

So, maybe this is common knowledge, but I did not know this about Chloe Bennet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNUvqIsYo7k

https://youtu.be/muJgCrNKWfk

https://youtu.be/hh-Pgz0pxFs

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Bring on the Special Police Agency for Control of Extraterrestrials.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

A far cry from the early days where I literally couldn't understand why they needed Fitz AND Simmons, it seemed utterly redundant and they did the same thing. Then again I also felt that way about Ward and May. And Skye was annoying.

This show definitely has gone straight up in quality since then.

ED: The Fitz Simmons thing was so bad in Season 1 several posters were behind the theory that Fitz or Simmons was a psychic projection of the other like that dude on Legion.

Funny that nobody saw it coming when they actually did that.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

My thought was to have them in the background of some big battle on earth. At least Daisy.

I've always wanted Iron Man and Daisy to meet. Tony shakes her hand and says some patronising comment about Coulson's cute intern. She smiles sweetly, vibrates his armor off, and hands him the robohand.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

SaintFu posted:

I haven’t looked at the reviews for Inhumans, or even the Rotten Tomatoes page, but I think it’s worth remembering that for RT’s purposes, a review that says “Eh, probably not worth your time or money” is the same as a review that says “This film is a crime against humanity.” I’d be willing to bet that most of the reviews for Inhumans fall into the former category.

Yep. Still not good, but RT says anything rated 60% or better is Fresh, anything lower is Rotten. So something could get nothing but 50-55% scores, and as long as nothing ekes over that magic 60%, that's a 0% rating.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Elentor posted:

I'm not even gonna touch time paradoxes here but I'm not 100% sold on Quake blowing up the planet. That seems like the sort of plot device meant to distract us from something else and the guy who told us is very unreliable since that's just him "piecing things together".

Either way I'm very curious to find out about how Fitz is going to save everyone else, again.

Moreover, how was Daisy supposed to blow up the planet, or do anything at all, while being frozen and zapped through time with the rest? Did they get up to something we haven't seen and have their memories wiped between the diner and the time travel?

On another note, this premiere had a shotgun and Kree axes. I hope Mack can find some duct tape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Open Source Idiom posted:

I think people are going to jump on you for saying this -- and yeah, she's not explicitly a sex slave, she's more a pretty ornament with bonus utility -- but yeah, it's weird and gross in universe while also being uncomfortable to watch. That, and Yoyo being tortured and May getting a pipe through her leg (i.e. most of the women getting abused) were a big sticking point with a friend who I watched the premier with. I wasn't personally affected, but I see his point.

Inevitably this is all set up to establish this universe as the darkest timeline so we'll be basically fine with it being erased, but it's still uncomfortable to watch.

(I'm enjoying the season though.)

Don't know if you know this but the pipe through May's leg was because Ming-Na Wen was recovering from knee surgery.

• Locked thread