Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

The eye effect they on the ghosts, were those really similar to the design of the antagonists that showed up in the Dr. Strange trailers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

I could see them mentioning SHIELD is back, but not have any contact with it. Unless the petty power struggles at Marvel have ended and they can stop pretending the TV and Movie aren't in the same universe.

Though just having Coulson and Daisy in Infinity War would be awesome. Even if they're just shown in some big battle with Thanos's goons or something.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

From what I gather the deliberate MCU TV/movie divide really is quite petty but then again the whole "creative council" in charge of the MCU was really lovely in a lot of ways for quite a long time.

The TV/Film divide sure as poo poo isn't specific to Marvel. I'll even go so far as to :toxx: that nothing from this show will ever make it into the movies. I'm stopping just short of including the Netflix stuff in that toxx but if that happens I'll eat my god damned fruit hat. Film people see TV as such small potatoes that it drags down the overall value of the film. That's slowly starting to change which is why I'm not including netflix but RDJ's salary, for a single film alone, would buy you a couple of full seasons of AoS.

That and Coulson being alive totally fucks over the heroic sacrifice in the first Avengers.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

People say this, but it's not like they wouldn't have banded together to stop a massive alien threat over Manhattan. There just would've been less motivation for it. Besides, if they explained the process he had to go through in an expository montage, and had some characters remain really really uncomfortable with Coulson hiding it from them and/or coming back to life, it could work pretty well in a film.

It could be written, sure. As you said without his death there was less motivation but bringing him back now or in the future just makes it a cheap gimmick. It could work well in a film that isn't part of a multi billion dollar franchise. Besides, at that point the aliens hadn't even shown up yet. Loki hadn't even really done anything to make the audience or the characters go "ok gently caress that guy."

And Furys lie was just an extra kick, hell I think he even says as much on screen. It being a lie doesn't matter in the slightest.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

spoilers: AoS doesn't get referenced in Luke Cage. They don't even mention the Sokovia accords and how this bulletproof man might be an Inhuman or powered person who needs to get registered. TV really is the redheaded stepchild of the entire film industry that must never be brought up.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Spergatory posted:

So, not that anyone actually cares but, uhhh... what happens to Gabe now? Isn't he a minor? Whose last living relatives just took the highway to hell? Are they just gonna... wheel him back to his empty house, give him a pat on the back and wish him good luck?

He goes back to Fear The Walking Dead

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Blazing Ownager posted:

You sick bastard, I wouldn't do that to anybody

ED: Seriously that show makes regular Walking Dead look like the best show in the history of TV, holy poo poo, it's bad in a train wreck kind of way or we'd quit a while ago

Honestly, I quit months ago. When TV Johnny Depp was at that camp where people were feeding themselves to zombies. It's actually pretty impressive, I'll watch some unmitigated garbage but Fear was just a bridge too far to me. The premise could have been good too, and no comic baggage but nahhhhh.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

Hahahaha yesssss, they finally Gonzales'd Mace. He's just a politician with super powers that has to deal with the massive loving headache that is Phil Coulson's Stupid Group of Idiots. :allears: Plus, seeing him go full on Patriot mode was really neat.

Did not see May LMD already being in the field coming. I wanted Aida to be a good sorceress bot but she's already killed so the law of robotics is out the window :smith:

He was just so sad when he found out nobody trusted him. Like, I legit felt bad for the dude :smith:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Apparently EP Jeffrey Bell has stated in an interview that Ghost Rider is kind of expensive, so don't expect to see him back soon/become a regular. Also Ghost Rider's departure doesn't mean the end of the magical stuff as a big part of Aida's motivation is she wants to find the Darkhold and keep using it.

This makes me really sad, I really liked both the character and the actor. One full episode of shotgun-axe Ghost Mack would have been pretty neat though!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Rhyno posted:

It should have been Jemma who was copied.
If fitz doesn't end up happy once this show is done I might riot. Dude just deserves it.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Nah he was an amoral dick even before the Darkhold. He will do anything to achieve his goal of :science:

They literally just imported his character from Spartacus and toned down the language for network tv.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

X-O posted:

I think this season of Arrow is about on par with this show in storytelling, but this show has much better actors and much better production values. The other CW shows are mostly a joke at this point.

Have you been watching season 2 of The Idiots of Tomorrow?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

X-O posted:

I watched the first episode after they hooked me with Patrick J. Adams as Rex Tyler in the season one finale. Then they killed him immediately so no need to watch further. That and Flash have such incomprehensible stories due to time travel bullshit that it's impossible to watch them and not think about how stupid they are.

It's almost a totally different show now. So much so that one of the villains literally said on screen that one of their biggest advantages was that the heroes were idiots. The writers have realized exactly what the show is, embraced the stupid and launched the show into "amazing" territory.

Edit: this was the VO intro for the previous episode

quote:

Seriously, you idiots haven't figured this out by now? It all started when we blew up the time pigs, the Time Masters. Now history's all screwed up, but it's up to us to un-screw it up. But after time we screw things up even worse. So don't call us heroes, we're something else. We're legends. Who writes this crap anyway?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Feb 9, 2017

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Yeah that's perfectly fair

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I agree with that actually and I'm a huge time travel junkie. I do enjoy The Flash but the time travel aspects are just bad often causing entire episodes to disappear up their own assholes. 12 Monkeys, Continuum, those kinds of shows do time travel well. The a Flash does not but at least in my mind LoT just uses it as an excuse for the Jr Varsity rejects to play dress up, punch Einstein in the face and shoot George Washington in the face with a Glock. It's totally retarded, and for me that's perfectly fine.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Anals of History posted:

The gods have seen it fit yet again to spread cheeks and jam cock in rear end

I AM YOUR DOMINUS!!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

You seriously underestimate how much tv and movie people hate each other. For each of those actors to do tv is to degrade their brand. TV is simply beneath them.

Before you try to trot out Sherlock, British TV is another animal entirely.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Yakmouth posted:

I wasn't thinking Sherlock so much as Two Broke Girls :)

I'm not expecting RDJ any time soon, but there are actors in the films who don't consider TV to be beneath them. Sebastian Stan had a reoccurring role on ABC's Once Upon A Time. Paul Rudd still makes regular TV appearances.

All I'm saying is that whenever Kevin Feige or Jeb Whedon or whoever get asked about this sort of thing they all make it sound like a task of Herculean proportions, and it's really not.

The mechanics of it aren't, overcoming the culture divide between TV and film is next to impossible.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Which is the side and which is the top?

Also, who buys hotdog buns that are not already cut?

An uncut hot dog bun isn't a hotdog bun at all, it's a small loaf of bread.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

They really shouldn't have put B.J. Britt's name in the credits. And when they showed "With Jason Mara", I knew Mace wouldn't make it out. Here's hoping there's a backup of his mind somewhere, and that they can download it into an LMD.

"Follow me, and try not to shoot me..." was a great line!

Also, while I'm happy to see Ward and Trip and even Bakshi back, it just makes me extra sad that we can't have John Garrett back. :smith:

The credits thing is actually a pretty big deal. SAG requirements force them to do things the way they do. Breaking Bad had to get special approval for the pentultimate episode to delay the opening credits. Moving an actor from Above The Line to Below is way harder than it sounds, but only because of archaic guild rules.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I squeed like a little girl when the at started at the beginning

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I squeed like a little girl when the at started at the beginning

Buuuut not nearly as loudly of a squee when Robbie rolled up on Aida

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Teek posted:

Looking great guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sYF1SXcWqQ

Hahah, not really. It looks like a TV show, filmed in Hawaii and set in Hawaii. Not really stretching the genre much there. Wonder if the pilot resembles what they planned for the movie in any way.

Anyone happen to notice the markings on the throne Ramsay Bolton was sitting on? It was only for a split second but I'd swear it was the same Kree engravings the first half of season 2 was about.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Azhais posted:

It's Kree script, the Inhumans were made by the Kree. It'd be weirder if there wasn't Kree text around

You're not wrong, I'd just kinda figured that AoS would continue being the bastard step child of the MCU and go totally unacknowledged. So since that writing or whatever is being used here not only are they taking directly from AoS I'd think they would also have to address the fact that there are now Inhumas on earth because fish oil. Don't get me wrong I think this show is fantastic especially after a really rocky start but it does come with a lot of Inhuman related baggage. All that said I'm totally fine with all of this.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Thank god, something good to make me forget Inhumans is a thing that happened

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

howe_sam posted:

Looked to me like a variation on Starlord's helmet.

I got this impression too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

PierreTheMime posted:

It still amazes me to this day how incredibly far Fitzsimmons have come from season one. From :geno: to :black101: so quickly.

Brain damage and being stranded on an alien planet will do that

• Locked thread