Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Because 22 into 38 is a poor fit? Nothing wrong with debuting a show in winter.

Yeah, but ABC's current trend of mid-season shows to avoid airing repeats was championed by the previous president and he ended up being fired for ABC's slipping ratings. I doubt the new guy will keep that idea going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Aphrodite posted:

Talking about the new director as an old classic character is kind of weird when their depiction of him is an Inhuman and in MCU continuity can't possibly have done the thing the character is most known for.

Just because he says he's Inhuman doesn't mean he actually is. It seems like too large of a coincidence that just when they want an enhanced visible leader of SHIELD there just already happens to be a high ranking agent who not only is an Inhuman but also gained totally wholesome powers that didn't mess up his looks.

As for the ghosts, I'm figuring they left it vague so that people would just think they're regular people out of phase with reality thanks to a science accident. Big reveal would be that they were ghosts before ever getting stuffed in those boxes.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Alexeythegreat posted:

That movie has been canned.

Yeah, supposedly Perlmutter was the one pushing for an Inhumans movie because he has a huge bug up his rear end about making comics for characters Marvel doesn't have the rights to. When Disney stepped in and kicked him out of everything to do with the movies, Feige quietly took Inhumans off the schedule.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Only if he's surfing on a jetcycle.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

EricFate posted:

What's even better is that he wound up that way due to plastic surgery ... in an abandoned factory ... performed by a drug addicted prostitute who used to be a student doctor in the Bronx. Oh, and who is also apparently a hair stylist.

Yeah, the Kingpin was gunning for Frank and had killed off all the support characters he'd been punishing with the last few issues so the prostitution that owes Frank a favor changes his face to hide him. Frank then teams up with Luke to defend a tenement from gangers trying to tear the place apart looking for the landlords hidden Nazi gold.

It was this big planned story to reintroduce Luke Cage to the Marvel Universe after his end of the 70s hiatus.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

WarLocke posted:

There was a miniseries? I thought the movie with Raoul Julia was the only live-action SF we ever got?

Nope, there was another with Dum Dum Dugan as Bison and gave us all of these wonderful things. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id7DLq7bpTw

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They haven't revealed who the big bad is, just that they're played by Sigourney Weaver.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

homullus posted:

Space Ghost Rider.

Now I want an episode where Coulson and Ghost Rider follow around a fire ant for 26 minutes.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Mraagvpeine posted:

I heard that the Inhumans in the comics were essentially Game of Thrones. How true is that?

Well I guess there's a royalty in both? I mean their king is a loyal and just ruler whose mere whisper can level a mountain. So yeah just like GoT.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

twistedmentat posted:

TV seems able to support 5 DC shows, it can support 2 Marvel shows.

Maybe because of the shift behind the scenes, the Inhuman show won't be as hamstrung as AoS when it comes to the relationship with the movies.

The behind the scenes shift is what's leading the TV shows to be completely divorced from the movies not back towards them.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If it makes anyone feel better SHIELD might be doing worse than last year, but they're actually an improvement over the Tuesday 10pm slot last year.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Wicked City and then it got canceled and replaced with What Would You Do and then Kings and Prophets.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Do you think the LMD story will have a tie-in to whatever Marvel movie is going to premiere in 2017?

Even if tv stuff did flow into movies in occasion, the 2017 movies are Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor:Ragnarok neither of which are on Earth.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I'm more concerned that the show introduces, and then forgets, that she has telekinesis

I cant remember if she's every made explicitly NOT Hand in DD. DD S1 has her being all weird and mystical, and Nobou being a random ninja, and S2 retcons him into being Hand, right?

Doesn't she leak some information to Matt about Nobu because the Hand were squeezing her out of her turf in Season 2?

I also don't buy the 'they couldn't do a Shang Chi show instead because they don't have the rights Fu Manchu' since they could have easily made him Madame Gao's son instead.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Mar 22, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Or keep Danny and they could have gone with the original actor they had in mind before Loeb/Perlmutter stepped in;
http://m.imdb.com/name/nm1167985/?ref_=m_ttfcd_cl42

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Pan Dulce posted:

Was this a fan casting or was this seriously an option the studio had? Where'd you hear about this?

The actor himself, they brought him in to read for Danny a few times before they went with Finn Jones for the GoT connection. Given what he did with the small role they ended up giving him I can't believe they decided on Jones because he was the better actor.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Medullah posted:

Just in case there's any doubt, from the new Jessica Jones comic -

He was referring to the fact that we saw the actual woman Aida was based off of in the framework and she wasn't Madame Hydra, not that the character isn't called Madame Hydra.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Longbaugh01 posted:

I thought Perlmutter had been out for awhile?

And I don't know about the world cooling on Marvel movies and TV...

Perlmutter was cut out of the movies after the whole Edgar Wright Ant-Man fiasco, he still has full reign over tv shows. It's why Inhumans are still a big part of the show.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

nelson posted:

The Incredible Hulk is probably the most iconic one. It would be a cool random scene to show Ward playing this in his room:

http://youtu.be/EU8QVifSPmU

The after credit scene for the S4 finale would be LMD Ward hitchhiking down a country road. A car looks like it's going to pass by and ignore before swerving at the last minute hitting him, inside the car Coulson adjusts the review mirror before throwing it in reverse and backing over Ward. The sad hitchhiking song from The Incredible Hulk is playing through all of this.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Rhyno posted:

We don't know what's going on outside the Framework, Aida could be building an army. We also don't know that the remaining LMDs at the Shield base were destroyed, LmdFitz might be programming the army of Daisy's right now.

I hope they weren't, there was still a ton of human shield agents passed out on the ground in the base.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Longbaugh01 posted:

Apparently, the recent word is after both Infinity War movies they'll be gearing back for a long while and doing standalones and team-ups. (Ragnarok is kind of a test with the team-up thing.)

Can't be that recent, they've been saying Infinity War is only going to be one movie for almost a year.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Longbaugh01 posted:

You're being pedantic. I meant Infinity War and UNTITLED AVENGERS FILM.

Sorry, I honestly didn't mean to be. I knew that they were only doing one Infinity Wars movie but didn't know that there were still doing another Avengers movie right on its heels.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

OB_Juan posted:

They have a scene set in 1980, then a "34 years later" label on a scene that was current with the rest of the movie.

Considering a lot of the other MCU movies happened in the same week, and Iron Man came out in 2008, the MCU might be a little before current time, or GoTG might be a little behind the other movies.

Also, if SHIELD references anything, it will be A giant pile of blue alien goop sprouting up behind a DQ and wrecking part of a town.

Plus, James Gunn has said in a few interviews. The reason for it was so that Baby Groot could be a thing in the movie and still have a reason to have a full grown Groot in Infinity War.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Plus she completely neutralized Nitro by vibrating at the same frequency he used to explode.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Habibi posted:

GISing that led me to uncover that Liam Neeson was in that movie. Mind blown.

If I remember correctly he plays the cyclops so they have him under a ton of prosthetics.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

homullus posted:

No, he's one of the bandit-y dudes.

Oh yeah, that's right, I was getting my heroic sacrifices in the final dungeon confused.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

STAC Goat posted:

Its always seemed to be whatever the modern equivalent of "mini series" is. Which doesn't discount it from having a second season but should mean its a stand alone story. At least that's always what I've assumed it is.

Like that's how the Agent Carter seasons worked for me. Stand alone, short order "seasons/series." Or the Netflix shows.

It's a face saving tv measure. When a show tests as badly as Inhumans has they relabel it as a limited run series and can say "No, we didn't cancel it, it was only ever meant to run for 12 episodes."

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

twistedmentat posted:

So not really surprising, ABC wanted to cancel AoS, but Disney told them no.

https://mcuexchange.com/abc-cancel-agents-shield-disney/

I've been saying since the start, AoS will be on the air for as long as Disney wants it. Maybe they wanted to replace it with Inhumans, but I have a hard time believing the show will do even near AoS's ratings.

That's what another article I read about it said. ABC wanted to kill SHIELD so it could focus more on Inhumans, Disney told them no. Though this could just be preemptive leaking to establish cause. "Well of course Inhumans was going to suck, Disney kept interfering and wouldn't let ABC focus on making it great."

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

cjg posted:

Why did May have such an issue porting into an object when Coulson seemed to have lots of time to look around before he fully materialized?

Virgil mentioned distortions due to gravitational anomalies. Probably the monolith just transported them in time but kept their physical location consistent. But since earth is 1/8 the original size, and surrounded by an asteroid field, gravity in localized space around the bunker is erratic at best.

I'm half expecting the team to eventually go to an older, unused part of the bunker and realize the whole thing was built from SHIELD HQ. it would be the easiest way to have Fitz get materials/weapons/information to them if Fitz left it in time capsules in Coulson's various stashes.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 5, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Phylodox posted:

From what I can see, Accusers don’t have hyphenated names. Ronan. Hala. Huran.

I thinks part of taking public office? The -Vell part of Mar-Vell is a family name, he had two kids Genis-Vell and Phyla-Vell. Like if you take public office and work towards the good of the Kree race you put aside your family name.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Consider the ones we're looking at, though.

Posted to the arsehole of the galaxy, a destroyed world with a population of a few thousand primitive savages who never made it beyond their own moon.

Who do you post to watch over the ignorant, feeble savages, living like rats in the walls of a repurposed base made out of rust and duct tape?

Yeah, not the cream of the crop.

When the emissary showed up and looked human-ish I thought they were going with the story line from a few years ago where the Inhumans ruled the Kree Empire, but I guess they were just Spartoi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

wiegieman posted:

I'm surprised there hasn't been a Netflix attempt at Blade or something. Well, come to think of it the Blade rights are probably a clown fiesta.

FX tried a few years ago, it was good but didn't make enough money to cover the costs.

• Locked thread